|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
This Hero was Headlined on September 2017.
|“||I cannot fight you, but I can resist you.||„|
|~ Lloyd's mantra to Garmadon, dodging his attacks.|
Master Lloyd Montgomery Garmadon is a former minor antagonist-turned-main protagonist of Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu and The Lego Ninjago Movie. He is the Green Ninja, the only Master of Energy and is both the leader and the youngest member of the Ninja team.
He is the son of Garmadon and Misako, the nephew of Master Wu, and the grandson of the First Spinjitzu Master. Once a bratty child who sought to follow in his father's villainous footsteps, Lloyd changed his ways, helping the Ninja and realizing his destiny was to be the Green Ninja. As the Ninja trained Lloyd, he reunited with Misako and faced Garmadon and the Overlord, becoming the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master. Garmadon is purified of evil, and the Overlord is defeated—yet he later returns and steals Lloyd's Golden Power. When Zane sacrificed himself to destroy The Overlord, the Ninja found him alive on Chen's Island. Lloyd and the Ninja set out to save Zane by entering the Tournament of Elements. This brought a war between the Elemental Masters and Chen's army, which ended when Lloyd had to banish his father to the Cursed Realm.
Lloyd was later possessed by the ghost Morro, who claimed the Realm Crystal and freed the Preeminent. Lloyd escaped Morro's possession and helped battle Morro, but The Preeminent's destruction collapsed the Cursed Realm, killing Lloyd's father. Shortly after, Lloyd helped battle the Sky Pirates and their captain, Nadakhan. During the conflict, Lloyd wished to be wise like Wu, but turned older in the process. When Jay made his final wish, recent events were undone and Lloyd's age was reversed. On the Day of the Departed, Lloyd commemorated Garmadon at the Corridor of Elders, where he fought against Pythor. Lloyd would later battle the Time Twins and their Vermillion army. In Wu's absence, Lloyd led the Ninja and became their new master when Wu was lost in Time.
With Wu lost in time, Lloyd took on the role of master as the Sons of Garmadon intend to bring back his father using the Oni Masks and himself, his mother, and the newly found de-aged Wu. They succeed and the undead pure evil Lord Garmadon, nearly kills him, stripping him of his power. He later watched the Colossus as it "killed" Kai, Jay, Zane, Cole, and Wu before fleeing to the safety of his mother, P.I.X.A.L. and Nya, unaware that the four Ninja and his uncle survived through Traveler's Tea.
In Season 9, Lloyd and the others formed a resistance against Garmadon. They also learned that their friends survived the Colossus' attack and were teleported to another location. Afterwards, Lloyd learned from Mistaké that they were sent to the Realm of Oni and Dragons, the homeworld of his grandfather. Lloyd was taught by Mistaké to endure and move forward, Lloyd did so and broadcast to everyone in the city to do the same and challenged his father.
When he and the others were surrounded, the Ninja and Wu returned to the city on new dragons and saved them. Lloyd faced his father and was able to regain his powers after deciding to resist him, which led to Garmadon losing his own powers but not before learning of an impending threat.
In Season 10, Lloyd frees and enlists Garmadon in order to face the new threat, the Oni, who invade Ninjago. With the armour of the Golden Master, they retreat to the monastery where the armour is melted back into the Golden Weapons. The ninja, Garmadon and Wu combine their elemental powers to form the Tornado of Creation and defeat the Oni.
With the Oni defeated, Lloyd and the ninja became lazy and out of practice, until their investigation in Clutch Power's pyramid unearths the dormant tomb of Aspheera, an ancient Serpentine sorceress, who leads her army and attempts to get revenge on Wu, who she deemed wronged her. When Zane is banished during her attack, Lloyd and the ninja trick Wu and travel to the Never-Realm but he is separated from the rest of them. On his journey to liberate Zane from the Ice Emperor, he befriends a formling called Anita, but they are captured and brought to the Emperor's castle, where it is revealed Zane is the Ice Emperor, after his memories have been misplaced by General Vex. Zane's memories are triggered and he saves Lloyd from Vex as the ninja return to Ninjago.
The legendary arcade game, Prime Empire, mysteriously resurfaces and pulls many of it's players, including Jay, into the game, so Lloyd and the ninja venture into it to save the players from it's tyranical ruler, Unagami. Only Lloyd, Jay and Nya remain as they climb up the levels, but Lloyd succumbs in a duel with an avatar of Harumi. When Unagami reforms, Lloyd and all the players are returned.
The ninja and Wu are invited to the Ivory City of Shintaro to celebrate Princess Vania's birthday, but Cole goes missing in the mines, so when the ninja go into the mines to find him, they are forced to work as slaves alongside the Geckle and Munce by the Skull Sorcerer and his Awakened Warriors. When they all escape, Lloyd ends up with Nya, Jay and the Munce as they arrive in the Munce caves. The Skull Sorcerer chases the ninja(apart from Wu and Cole), the Geckle and the Munce with Grief Bringer and re-captures them, but Cole with new powers, Wu, Vania, the army of Shintaro and the Upply arrive as back-up and destroy Grief-Bringer, imprisoning the Skull Sorcerer(who was actually King Vangelis) and crowning Vania.
When an expedition including Wu and Misako goes missing, Lloyd, the ninja and Twitchy Time arrive on the The Island of the Keepers to find them, whom they found when they were captured by the Keepers, who were protecting the Storm Amulet from Wojira the Serpent. The ninja find it a fake serpent, powered by Ronin and the Kryptarium Inmates, and defeat them.
Lloyd accompanies Nya, Maya, Zane and P.I.X.A.L. as they embark to the Endless Sea where they believe the source to the troubles in Nya's powers are coming from, only to find it's prince Kalmaar trying to resurrect the real Wojira with the Wave Amulet. After he kills the noble king and overthrows the kingdom, the group escapes with his brother Benthomaar. They follow Kalmaar back to Ninjago and regroup with the ninja, but Kalmaar takes the Storm Amulet and awakens Wojira, launching an attack on Ninjago. In the ensuing fight, Kalmaar and Wojira are destroyed, at the cost of Nya tapping into her elemental and becoming a pure being of water, leaving the team. Lloyd then attends her memorial.
From Seasons 1-7, he is voiced by Jillian Michaels, who voiced Kai and Nya's mother Maya, and Shippo from Inuyasha. As of Season 8, he is voiced by Samuel Vincent, who voiced Edd from Ed, Edd, n Eddy, and Martin Mystery from the show of the same name. In The Lego Ninjago Movie, he was voiced by Dave Franco.
- 1 Description
- 2 Powers and Abilities
- 3 Age
- 4 Personality
- 5 Ninjago.com Descriptions
- 5.1 Rise of the Snakes (2017 Museum Description)
- 5.2 Legacy of Green Ninja (2017 Museum Description)
- 5.3 Rebooted (2017 Museum Description)
- 5.4 The Tournament of Elements (2017 Museum Description)
- 5.5 Possession (2017 Museum Description)
- 5.6 Skybound (2017 Museum Description)
- 5.7 The Hands of Time (2017 Museum Description)
- 5.8 Sons of Garmadon
- 6 See also
- 7 Quotes
- 8 Trivia
- 9 Navigation
Initially, Lloyd was a young boy with a blonde "bowlcut" hairstyle. He wore black pants, a purple sash around his waist, and a black shirt with white rib-like markings on the front, resembling the appearance of his father, Lord Garmadon. However, the illusion is negated by Lloyd's normal-looking face and hands, as well as the small green number "5" on the upper left side of his shirt.
While leaving Darkley's Boarding School for Bad Boys, Lloyd stole a black hood and cape to make his outfit look more menacing. After moving in with the Ninja, he wore it periodically, primarily during his time in the Serpentine's captivity. When his destiny as the Green Ninja was revealed, Lloyd mainly wore the green gi of the Chosen One.
After the Grundle incident exposed him to the aging effects of Tomorrow's Tea, Lloyd became a young man (around the same age as the other Ninja) with a deeper voice and a new hairstyle. He continued to wear his Green Ninja gi, with the addition of chest and shoulder armor similar to the other ZX Ninja.
As of "Curseworld, Part I," Lloyd once again has civilian attire consisting of a green shirt, blue pants and a black jacket with his dragon symbol on the back. He wears a black fedora with a green stripe with it in Season 6.
In Skybound, he was briefly turned into an old person after making a wish to Nadakhan to become "wise like Wu" in "Wishmasters", referencing Wu's remark to Morro in "Winds of Change", "with age comes wisdom". He became an elderly man with a similar appearance to his father and uncle, with white hair and increasingly more apparent wrinkles and age lines. This change was reversed as a result of Jay's wish, which caused the majority of events of Season 6 to be erased.
Powers and Abilities
- Ergokinesis - The user is able to manipulate and generate energy. This Elemental Power makes the user able to create powerful beams as explosions and use the power as matter to generate force fields.
- Energy Amplification - The user can enhance the energy of the objects and people, also changing their color.
- Energy Construction - The user can summon an object (usually a vehicle) made of solid energy, powered by the user's energy.
- Energy Shield Construction - The user can make a shield of pure energy, capable of blocking various attacks.
- Energy Propulsion - Some users of energy can concentrate enough energy to propel upwards and fly temporarily.
- Energy Ball Projection - The users of this ability are able to create green balls of energy that they can use as part of a melee attack or as a way of transportation (indirect propulsion) and destroy a ghost.
- Energy Beam Emission - The user can project concentrated beams of energy for a range of damage strengths. The result of beam could be concussive, dispersive, or explosive.
- Elemental Manipulation - The user's strength is derived from the combination of the four elements of Creation (Fire, Ice, Earth, and Lightning), but they cannot use the elements on their own.
- Energy Healing - The user can erase the Dark Matter corruption from others.
- Spinjitzu, Forbidden and Airjitzu - The user can do Spinjitzu, Forbidden Spinjitzu and Airjitzu. Anyone can do Spinjitzu and Airjitzu with immense skill, but the user can do Energy Spinjitzu , Forbidden Spinjitzu and Airjitzu.
- Elemental Shield - The user can create a Energy Elemental Shield.
- Green Fire - The user can create green-colored fire.
- Green Lightning: The user can create green color lightning as shown in Ghost Story
- Elemental Dragon - The user can create an Elemental Energy Dragon.
- Nigh-Omnipotence - The user is virtually omnipotent (unlimited in power, unless part of the power is taken from them, in which they have a limited amount of power left), like when the First Spinjitzu Master used this elemental power to create Ninjago (using the main elements that make it up). Another example is when the Overlord became the Golden Master, he wanted to use this elemental power to destroy all of Ninjago. The user does not need materials around them to create objects using Creation. Unlike Creation, the Golden Power can be used for offensive energy attacks, and its "constructs" can be mostly made of energy rather than matter. The user is able to use the five main elements that comprise it (including Energy).
- Power Granting - The user can give the elemental powers of the four main elements to other people (possibly just the Masters of Fire, Earth, Lightning, and Ice).
- Power Restoration - The user is able to restore the power of others (possibly just the Masters of Fire, Earth, Lightning, and Ice).
- Elemental Manipulation - The user can create, shape, and manipulate the basic elements of nature (Fire, Earth, Lightning, and Ice). Capabilities may including moving, altering, and mixing existing elements.
- Telekinesis - The user can influence, manipulate, and move objects and matter (because it is comprised of the elements that Golden Power controls) from great distances, usually to attack or defend against an adversary.
- Ergo-Ecokinesis - The user can manipulate a stronger form of Energy, usually to attack an adversary (the Golden Master can generate powerful beams composed of gold colored energy).
- Meta-Matter Manipulation - The user wields a stronger form of Creation (even stronger than the Tornado of Creation), usually to attack or to defend against an adversary.
- Omnifabrication - The user can create, reshape, and move objects or matter to create anything they want/need.
- Materialization - The user can create organic and inorganic matter from nothing either as finished objects or simply unfinished elements.
- Remote Materialization - The user can create and reshape all kind of things in distant and far off places without the user even being present.
- Enhancement - The user can increase their power thousandfold.
- Golden influence - The user can send golden waves to weaken enemies.
- Spinjitzu and Airjitzu - The user can do Spinjitzu and Airjitzu. Anyone can do Spinjitzu and Airjitzu with immense skill, but the user can do Golden Power Spinjitzu and Airjitzu.
- Elemental Blasts - Users of this element can fire blasts of the main five elements with the Golden Power, usually as offense.
- Golden Ray - The user can shoot a ray of Golden Power from his hand.
- Golden Beam - The user can make a beam of Golden Power, which is a more powerful version of the ray. This move is usually done with two hands as it requires more energy.
- Golden Shield - The user can encase himself in a Golden Power shield.
- Elemental Shield - The user can create a Golden Power Elemental Shield.
- Elemental Powers - The user has control over four other elements—Fire, Ice, Earth, and Lightning. He can use them as vividly as the specific master of those elements can but has full control over them.
- Golden Field - The user can make a golden field.
- Golden Dome - The user can make a golden dome.
- Golden Blasts - The user can shoot gold energy blasts.
- Creating Realms - The user can create his own Realms.
- Creating Powerful Artifacts - The user can create powerful artifacts, like the Realm Crystal.
- Power Removing - The user can remove an Elemental Master's powers.
- Wish Granting - As demonstrated by Garmadon using the Mega Weapon, the user has the ability to grant himself wishes, as long as they don't destroy anything.
- Time Travel - As demonstrated by Garmadon using the Mega Weapon in Wrong Place, Wrong Time, the user has the ability to travel through time.
- Dimension Travel: The user can travel to another realm with this power as when the First Spinjitzu master did to create Ninjago
- Elemental Dragon - The user can create an Elemental Golden Dragon.
Lloyd is chronologically in his early teens, making him the youngest of the Ninja team. Physically, he is in his late adolescence, like the majority of his fellow Ninja.
Initially, Lloyd was a young boy of 9–11 years old. After using the Tomorrow's Tea to save his friends and destroy the Grundle, he was caught in the blast that reversed the Mega Weapon's de-aging spell. While the Ninja returned to their normal ages, Lloyd was aged into his teens along with them. As the most recent events take place three to four years after the events of Season 2, Lloyd is most likely chronologically 12–14 years old.
Throughout his life, one constant of Lloyd's personality was his love for his father, Lord Garmadon. It was a desire to follow in his evil parent's footsteps that drove him to enroll in Darkley's School for Bad Boys - and later, to unleash the Serpentine upon Ninjago.
However, his attempts to become the next evil overlord of Ninjago were largely stymied by his inherently good personality - Lloyd's idea of "evil" was stealing candy, pulling pranks, and overseeing Ninjago from within a treehouse fortress, with his best attempt at an evil laugh being a rather melodramatic "Muhahahaha!" Lloyd's lack of true evil also showed in his demeanor around his Serpentine "minions;" he usually went along with whatever ideas they concocted, and was quick to call a retreat if the battle turned even slightly against his allies. He also displayed extreme naivety about their warlike society, expecting Skales to hand over the Hypnobrai Staff to Slithraa simply because the latter outranked him.
After being betrayed by Pythor and taking up residence on the Destiny's Bounty, Lloyd's true nature began to emerge. Having been turned from the path of evil by Master Wu's guidance, he turned his thoughts to stopping the Serpentine threat (partially out of guilt for releasing the first three tribes in the first place). He retained a mischievous streak for a time, but quickly grew out of it after being forced to clean up the messes his pranks left. He also became eager to help the Ninja in any way he could, but his lack of combat talents and inexperience with battling the Serpentine meant that he was relegated to the ship during their missions. This desire to help led to Lloyd's capture when he blew his cover at the City of Ouroboros.
The revelation that he was destined to become the Green Ninja further increased Lloyd's eagerness to help - to his chagrin, this only meant that the Ninja had even less incentive to take him on missions. He was also forced to confront the fact that he was now destined to fight his father, Lord Garmadon, for the fate of Ninjago, causing him to alternate between regret and hostility towards the four-armed villain. Despite this, Lloyd continued to love his father, being saddened when Lord Garmadon had to leave the ship for good.
Lloyd underwent his most dramatic personality shift yet when he was aged to a teenager by Tomorrow's Tea. He became much more serious and calm than before, dedicating himself to his training and becoming a true part of the Ninja team. However, his misgivings about confronting his father only grew stronger, forcing Master Wu and Misako to constantly remind him that he had no choice. Despite this, Lloyd was unable to overcome his love for his father, leading to him failing to destroy Lord Garmadon when the latter was vulnerable. It was only when the Overlord took complete control of Garmadon's body was Lloyd able to discard his misgivings and access his full power.
After the battle with the Overlord, he became somewhat cocky about his abilities, and after being made a fool of while sparring with his father in front of a class and his fellow Ninja, he nearly unleashed an energy blast on him in anger, but quickly calmed down. He was at first reluctant to learn how to further harness his power over the elements, but eventually, he became more willing to listen to his father's teachings after having to use his power to save him.
Upon his search for Zane alongside his friends, he underwent yet another dramatic change that would shape his fate: the role of becoming a leader. Even when the others were down from either loss or current circumstances, he always rallied them with supporting words that gave them newfound strength to continue on and, eventually, succeed. This quality came to the point of leading both the Elemental masters and the Serpentine against Chen's forces in the Second Serpentine War, which then sprung a new challenge of his role being tested by Morro. Ultimately, after receiving some final words of wisdom from his father, he let go of what remained of his childish desires and embraced his chosen path of becoming a wise and powerful master, like his father before him.
Rise of the Snakes (2017 Museum Description)
From unsuccessful super-villain to the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master, Lloyd has traveled the furthest of all the young ninja. The son of Master Garmadon and Misako, he sacrificed his childhood to embrace his destiny, finally becoming the Green Ninja and, for a short while, the all-powerful Golden Ninja. As a Master in training, he is wise beyond his years and, like his Uncle Wu, represents the way of the ninja. Though he is more the quiet type, Lloyd is the natural leader in the group.
As son of Lord Garmadon, it’s hard to follow in his father’s evil footsteps. This young boy will go to comical lengths to prove he is just as bad as his dad. With Wu’s help and the support of the others, Lloyd will learn that living in a parent’s shadow is a choice and you can choose to become anyone you want to be.
Legacy of Green Ninja (2017 Museum Description)
Now the Green Ninja, Lloyd has turned his back on his father’s dark path. He accepts the importance of hard work and trains with the ninja every day, embracing the motto, “a Ninja Never Quits”. But while he grows stronger, he comes to understand that he’s destined to face his father in the ultimate showdown.
Rebooted (2017 Museum Description)
Now under the strict tutelage of his father, Garmadon, Lloyd will learn that being the most powerful ninja in all the land isn’t always what it’s cracked up to be. His great powers make him a target for the Digital Overlord and the Nindroids. Before the battle is over, Lloyd learns that his burden is easier to manage if he relies on the strength of his friends.
The Tournament of Elements (2017 Museum Description)
Lloyd knows he has a target on his back and everyone in the tournament is gunning for him – which is why he needs his friends more than ever. He has to control his fears, though it’s difficult for him. Lloyd’s leadership is tested as he fights to keep the team together, and after learning about his father’s dark history, he uses the lessons of the past to guide him.
Possession (2017 Museum Description)
Lloyd’s grief allows the cursed spirit of Morro to possess him, turning the powerful Green Ninja against his friends. They struggle to free him from Morro’s control and succeed in time for Lloyd to meet his father in the Cursed Realm. There he discovers that he must destroy the realm – and his father – to save the NINJAGO® world. “There comes a time when every boy must become a man,” Garmadon tells Lloyd. “What sort of man, is up to him.”
Skybound (2017 Museum Description)
The loss of his father, Garmadon, hit Lloyd very hard, but after their final meeting Lloyd channeled those feelings and started on a new path. He remains committed to the job that Wu has given them and he’s less and less interested in all the promotional work the ninja are doing. He’s beginning to think they might be taking their eye off the ball… When Lloyd comes to make his wishes he is full of good intentions, but discovers that isn’t enough.
The Hands of Time (2017 Museum Description)
Lloyd’s ongoing growth as a leader takes on added importance after Wu is knocked out of action by Acronix’s Time Punch. But Lloyd doesn’t have a lot of experience leading, which means he’s going to make mistakes. Also, his friends aren’t quite ready to drop either the “Temporary” or the “in-Training” parts from Lloyd’s “Temporary Master-in-Training” title. But by applying what Wu taught from his sickbed, Lloyd slowly earns the others’ trust and respect. By the time Wu is lost in time aboard the Iron Doom, the ninja are prepared for a new master to lead.
Sons of Garmadon
The son of Master Garmadon and Misako, he sacrificed his childhood to embrace his destiny, finally becoming the Green Ninja. As a Master in training, he is wise beyond his years and, like his, Uncle Wu represents the way of the ninja. Though he is more the quiet type, Lloyd is the natural leader in the group.
|“||That's a good kitty. You're okay. Yeah, you're okay. Yeah, yeah, that's a good kitty. What a sweet, sweet kitty. Everything's gonna be just fine. Hey. I know it. I know it. You don't mean to destroy everything. When, uh... When people look at you, they see a monster. But I know that you just feel scared and alone. I know how that feels. To be judged unfairly. So, um... I just wanna say that I forgive you. And... I'm sorry. When I said "I wish you weren't my father," I didn't really mean it. What I... What I should've said is I wish we didn't fight all of the time. I wish I could've spent more time with you. And that you could've seen, like, everything I've been through, but you weren't there. I wish we could get that time back, and... I need my dad. I just... I need my dad.||„|
|~ Lloyd Garmadon forgives Meowthra in The Lego Ninjago Movie|
- Lloyd makes an appearance in The Lego Movie as a Master Builder. He is in his ZX Armor in the film.
- According to his original Character Card, Lloyd's dominant element is Lightning, explaining why he was shown using the Nunchucks of Lightning in Zane's dream in Never Trust a Snake and why the Golden Weapons made green lightning when they revealed that he was the Green Ninja.
- Lloyd's role as a hero is foreshadowed by the small green "5" on the black shirt he wears in his early appearances. The color of the "5" refers to his destiny as the Green Ninja, while the number itself refers to how he will be the fifth member of the Ninja team.
- Initially, Lloyd is a mediocre pilot, as seen when he has to fly the Destiny's Bounty in "All of Nothing" and "The Rise of the Great Devourer." He seems to have improved following his training as the Green Ninja, as he can control the Ultra Dragon and his own Elemental Dragon with ease.
- Lloyd's original teenage appearence is almost exactly that as Garmadon's younger form; except his hair-piece is blond instead of dark brown.
- Lloyd was kicked out of Darkley's Boarding School indicating he was perhaps never cut out to be a dark mastermind and hinting at his heroic role in the future.
- Lloyd is the official leader of the Ninja, succeeding Kai and Cole, who led the team before Lloyd's arrival.
- Lloyd's elemental symbol is the Chinese character "斗", meaning "fight." The only exception was during his time as the Golden Ninja, when his robes donned a different symbol, a gear, that reflected that within the Temple of Light.
- Lloyd's first name is a pun on his father's "Lord" title.
- He is the only mortal to be sent to the Cursed Realm without being cursed himself. What is more, he is the only person to have returned alive.
- The father-son relationship between Lloyd and his father Garmadon is quite similar to that between Luke Skywalker and Anakin Skywalker.
- Because Lloyd has blond hair while his parents have brown hair, it is likely he inherited the gene from his grandparents.
- Lloyd is the first and only one of Wu's students to gain the rank of master.
- In Episode 77 The Oni and the Dragon it discovered than Lloyd is half Oni and half Dragon.
- When Lloyd was the Golden Ninja, his minifigure had a golden face and thicker eyebrows, but in the show, his face is exactly the same as normal.
- He is one of the four current Elemental Masters to have a known last name, the others being Jay, Griffin, and Jacob.
- It was revealed in "Kingdom Come" that Morro was meant to be the Green Ninja until the monks in the Cloud Kingdom interfered.
- Lloyd lost his power in the episode "True Potential" and remained inactive for most of season 8 and 9 until the final episode of season 9,"Green Destiny" where he regained his power after Garmadon lost his.
|The Headlined Heroes|