|Kamen Rider Black finds the lack of categories on this page suspicious, and suspects it may be a Gorgom plot.|
Help by adding new categories to the article!
|“||Er/Uh yeah, I think so.||„|
|~ Lofty's famous catchphrase|
He is voiced by Neil Morrissey (who also voices Bob, Roley, Farmer Pickles, Mr. Fothergill and Mr. Sabatini) in the UK, Sonya Leite, Emma Tate (who also voices Dizzy in the US and Benny in both dubs) and Jo Wyatt in the US. In the 2015 reboot, he is voiced by Steven Kynman (who also voices Fireman Sam, Elvis Cridlington, Norman Price, James Jones (seasons 6-7), Derek Price, Charlie Jones, Jerry Lee Cridlington and Lambykins in Fireman Sam since season 6 as well as Duck the Great Western Engine in Thomas & Friends) in the UK in 2015, and Richard Ian Cox in the US in 2015.
Lofty is nervous, timid and shy, he tends to be the most well behaved in the Can-Do crew but does suffer from fears, he is most notably afraid of heights, mice and Spud (sometimes). He is timid at first, but always rises to the occasion and holds up his end of the job. He is also somewhat careless, but learns by his friends' wise words, by what adventures he has and how his previous attempt of a certain job was done. He has difficulties with socialising, but when he does gain the confidence to talk to people, he is generally a very caring and light-hearted machine. He is also shown to have poor memory at times too.
In the 2015 reboot, his personality was changed into being more sarcastic and intelligent, and neither is he afraid of anything that much anymore.
- Although Lofty's gender is male, he was voiced by females in the US.
- Because of this, it lead to some misconception that Lofty is a female in the US because he was voiced by females in the US.
- He is the only machine in Bob the Builder who has a major voice change.
- In addition, his voice got notably higher in the US version of Project Build It.
- He is the only machine to have fallen onto their side.
- Lofty's CGI render in Ready Steady Build was a bit smaller than his stop-motion counterpart.
- It is possible that Lofty maybe bipolar as seen in earlier seasons apart from his shyness, he was often seen frowning most times as if he were upset about something, this was seen more often in Season 3.
- Prior to the episode Scoop Has Some Fun, he used to have a rivalry with Spud.
- Crane hook.
- Wrecking ball.