|“||Longclaw: Listen carefully Sonic, you have a power unlike anything I've ever seen and that means someone will always want it. The only way to stay safe is to stay hidden. This world is on the far side of the universe, you should be safe there.
Sonic: I don't want to go without you.
Longclaw: You must, these Rings will be your most important possession. If you're ever discovered, use one never stop running. Now go.
Longclaw: Goodbye, Sonic.
|~ Longclaw and Sonic's final conversation.|
Longclaw is a minor supporting character in the Sonic the Hedgehog film who resembles a great horned owl and serves as a parental figure to the film's titular protagonist until Sonic was forced flee from her and from pursuing Echidnas who want Sonic's power for themselves.
She is voiced by Donna Jay Fulks.
Longclaw possesses blue eyes, a white face and she wears golden armor. And Since she is an owl, she can fly ably with possessing strength strong enough to pick a young Sonic with fair amount of agility. Additionally, Longclaw possess rings that has an ability to create portals to other dimensions. It is unknown if rings are forged by her or bestowed by someone else.
Longclaw is loyal guardian who is ready to risk her life for the ones she cares for. Although she cares greatly for Sonic, at times she is dismayed by Sonic ignoring her advice to hide his power due to the youngster's recklessness born both from his youth and his overconfidence with his powers.
In Sonic the Hedgehog, she took care of Sonic. One day when Sonic raced across his island home to bring Longclaw a flower, Lonclaw told him that someone could have seen him but Sonic says that he is too fast to be seen. Longclaw notices the echidnas are around. Echidnas starts attacking by throwing arrows. Longclaw quickly tries to fly with Sonic to escape but echidnas hits her with an arrow. Longclaw gives Sonic Rings that can open portals around the various locations and tells Sonic that the only way to stay safe is to stay hidden. Longclaw opens a portal to Earth and tells Sonic that he should be safe there. Sonic tells her that he doesn't want to go without her but Longclaw tells him that he must. Longclaw tells him to never stop running, Sonic sees Longclaw with echidnas and decides to help her but he was too late. The last thing Sonic heard from Longclaw was her goodbye to Sonic. It's unknown if Longclaw was killed or not.
Sonic Forces: Speed Battle
In promotion of the film, Longclaw makes an appearance as a playable character in Sonic Forces: Speed Battle. She was added to the game's roster in the version 2.17.0 update.
In promotion of the film, Longclaw makes an appearance as a playable character in Sonic Dash. In this game, she can be unlocked after participating in her event.
- Longclaw somewhat resembles the owl head-shaped tiles which can be seen in Labyrinth Zone in the original Sonic the Hedgehog.
- One of said tile designs makes an appearance near the start of the film engraved into a rock.
- In the film, Longclaw's relationship with Sonic may be a reference to Stay Sonic, a book in which Sonic was stated to be found by an owl named Sophocles.
- Longclaw is notably more realistic in appearance than any of the other anthropomorphic animal characters present in the movie.
- In a deleted scene, Longclaw's original fate is revealed to be different from the final film's: after the echidna attack, she flees to Earth with Sonic and she lives in isolation with him until she dies of old age.