|“||I hope you don't mind me saying so, but you look like hell, Bruce.||„|
|~ Lucius Fox to Bruce Wayne.|
|“||Bruce arranged the insurance, so of course the file is... vague.||„|
|~ Lucius Fox.|
|“||I once tried to talk your father into coming into the business. Told him being a doctor drives you crazy. Whatever you do, people just get sick again. You make no progress. [...] In a dark voice, he said, "you're right, Lucius, I am crazy. But the sick need someone crazy enough to believe they can be better. So what else could I be?||„|
|~ Prime-Earth Lucius Fox.|
Lucius Fox is a character from the Batman franchise. He is Bruce Wayne's vice-president of Wayne Industries and runs most of the day to day work. Lucius's commitment to the job and ultra ethical attitude are a large reason why Bruce Wayne feels confident enough to let his work life play side-stage to his life as Batman.
He was created by the late Len Wein and the late John Calnan, and first appeared in Batman # 307.
In The New Batman Adventures, he was voiced by the late Mel Winkler.
CEO of Wayne Enterprises, Lucius Fox has the "Midas Touch", an ability to turn failing businesses into successful conglomerates. Fox is called in to the failing Wayne Enterprises and brings a balance to both Bruce Wayne's private and business finances. In Batman Confidential, he is in charge of a project that produced the prototype that would become the Batwing. Fox even ran the Wayne Foundation while Bruce carried out the policies. Fox was always approached by other companies since they wanted his expertise and he was happy to give them advice, however he still wanted to stay working at Wayne Enterprises.
In Batman: Haunted Knight, it was revealed a younger Bruce Wayne rescued Lucius from muggers in France. Lucius and Bruce both started a charity together.
Fox was one time captured by the terrorist Baron Bedlam prompting Bruce Wayne, as Batman, to form a group known as the Outsiders to rescue him. When Lucius suffered from a stroke, Bruce took good care of him and his family.
In Red Robin, it was revealed the Lucius had a daughter named Tam. Lucius sent tam to find Tim Drake only discover he is the Red Robin and become involved in his battles with the League of Assassins. Fox faked his own death to combat his enemies in piece and Tam realized Bruce was Batman. Tam decided not to report any of this to her father.
Lucius is also established as having a son who is a boxer named Luke, who becomes the vigilante known as Batwing using a high-tech costume designed by his father. Both Luke and his predecessor as Batwing, David Zavimbe, are agents of the international crime-fighting organization Batman Incorporated. Lucius even taught Luke all he knew about business.
In Batman Beyond, he has a son named Lucius Fox Jr. who runs a company called FoxTecha.
- Batman The Animated Series
- The New Batman Adventures
- The Batman
- Harley Quinn
- DC Universe Online
- Batman: Arkham Knight
- In Christopher Nolan's Dark Knight trilogy, he was portrayed by Morgan Freeman.
- In Batman: Gotham Knight, he was voiced by Kevin Michael Richardson.
- In Batman: Bad Blood, he was voiced by Ernie Hudson.
- In Batman: The Animated Series, he was voiced by late Brock Peters.
- In The New Batman Adventures, he was voiced by the late Mel Winkler.
- In The Batman, he was voiced by Louis Gossett, Jr.
- In Gotham, he was portrayed by Chris Chalk.
- In DC Super Hero Girls, he was voiced by Phil LaMarr.
- LaMarr also voiced the character in Injustice 2, and voices him in the Harley Quinn tv series.
- In DC Universe Online, he was voiced by Leif Anders.
- In Batman: Arkham Knight, he was voiced by Dave Fennoy.
- Fennoy also voiced the character in Batman: The Telltale Series.
- Fox was originally set to appear in the original script of Batman v Superman: Dawn Justice (then entitled World's Finest).