|Kamen Rider Black finds the lack of categories on this page suspicious, and suspects it may be a Gorgom plot.|
Help by adding new categories to the article!
Lucky Roo is a male character in the anime and manga series One Piece. He's a pirate and a member of the Red Haired Pirates of an unknown position. It's also unknown when he joined the crew, but he appears to be fiercly loyal to his Captain, Shanks, as he's seen killing one of Higuma's men in cold blood when they were holding Luffy hostage and Shanks wanted to save him. He's the heaviest of all of the Red Haired Pirates, and is usually seen eating a chicken leg.
In Japanese version, he was voiced by Jin Domon. In the In an alternate English dub by Odex, he was voiced by Jamie Meldrum. In the English dub version of the One Piece anime by 4Kids Entertainment, he was voiced by Michael Alston Baley. And in the Funimation English dubbed version, he was voiced by John Burgmeier.
Lucky Roo is a tall, incredibly obese mn, with slightly tanned skin and black eyes. He wears a massive green shirt with white strips going across from top to bottom all around it, a green hat, tan pants, a blue scarfe around his waist where his shirt and pants meets, and an extremely long, yellow cape on his back. He's almost always seen holding and eating from a massive chicken leg.
East Blue Saga
Sky Island Saga
Water 7 Saga
Summit War Saga
- It is likely that his name is a reference to Lucky Luke, a fictional cowboy (gunfighter) from the "Lucky Luke" Franco-Belgian comic book, created by Morris de Bevere. Lucky Luke is known as "The man who shoots faster than his shadow".
- Lucky Roux appeared shorter than Shanks in their first appearance in Episode 4 but he appeared taller than Shanks when they went to Marineford.
- Lucky Roux is the first person to kill someone both in the anime and the manga, by shooting a mountain bandit in the head at point blank range.
- Lucky Roux is the first person, named or not, to name a [Devil Fruit.
- Lucky Roux happens to resemble another pirate from another famous Manga artist Leiji Matsumoto, the creator of several anime and manga series. Many of which consist of Space Operas that involve pirates that sail the universe in search of righting wrongs and solving political and revolutionary idealisms. The character he resembles is named Yattaran, who himself is based off another manga artist Kaoru Shintani (best known for Area 88) who, in his early career worked for Matsumoto building models for reference. This could be a coincidence however it most likely is a small shout out to the earlier works of Leji and Kaoru both whom have been writing manga for much longer than Oda has.
- Lucky Roux's favorite food is bird meat on the bone.
Devil Fruit Users
Amazon Lily/Kuja Tribe