Mamizou Futatsuiwa is a character from Touhou Project, who debuted in Ten Desires as the Extra Stage boss. She is a youkai tanuki who originally lived outside Gensokyo. She moved to Gensokyo to help a friend.
She originally lived with humans in a city named Sado. Mamizou often lended them money and got along with them well. However, she doesn't get along with foxes and there are no foxes in Sado.
She currently lives in Myouren Temple, along with Nue Houjuu.
- (Touhou 13) Has brown fluffy hair with a green leaf on top. Has ears and a tail like a Tanuki would have. Wears round glasses and two black bracelets. Her top is brass and has a notepad of confidence and a bottle of 酒 sake that represents virtue. Has pink shoulder caps. Her skirt is maroon with brass patterns. She has brownish sandals.
- (Touhou 13.5) Same as above, except her leaf is larger and has bells, and her glasses are white.
Mamizou first makes her debut in Ten Desires as the extra stage boss.
In Hopeless Masquerade, she plays a key role in helping all of the characters. As the penultimate boss of each character's route except her own, she directs each character to the source of the problems. Before her route, she directs each character to Hata no Kokoro. During her own route, she helps Kokoro by steering her in the right direction for creating her own unique personality. In Kokoro's route, Mamizou directs Kokoro to the final four-way fight with Reimu, Byakuren, and Miko.
Antimony of Common Flowers
In the Lotus Eaters comic book, she first makes a cameo in Chapter 1 when Suika Ibuki mentions that a bake-danuki would be the youkai most likely to attack a human in the village.
In Chapter 6, she appears in a flashback where she meets a human (later revealed to be the same customer of Geidontei who was attacked by a youkai) and offers to help him. Back in the present, she is seen sitting somewhere on a tree and watching an area.
In Chapter 7, when Miyoi Okunoda stumbles outside, Mamizou uses her ability to make Miyoi see a vision of the same human in Chapter 6's flashback. After Miyoi tries to grasp the vision, she appears and says hello to her and reveals herself. She asks Miyoi to leave Geidontei, telling her that there can't be a youkai in the Human Village. When Miyoi refuses, she tells her she is forcibly telling her to leave, before disappearing. Later someday at night, Suika shows Mamizou to Miyoi and declares that Gidontei will be starting to be a bar for youkai. After Miyoi asks what is happening, Mamizou explains to her that she and Suika were looking for a place in the village to drink in peace. Miyoi happily agrees and Mamizou reminds her not to stand out.
Mamizou, proud of her race's esteem, is good natured, albeit with a mischievous streak. She speaks the way an old lady might, and occasionally squints as if she was nearsighted. She isn't one to take a grudge, but as Marisa in her extra stage shows she has her limits of niceness. She does enjoy pulling pranks on humans and watching them be confused and flustered.
Despite being brought in as a 'trump card', she is noted to being friendly with humans, and has been seen taking on the form of a human while in the Human Village. Though she is seen in the Human Village often in human form, Symposium of Post-mysticism has stated that she does not make an effort to hide her tail, considering it a mark of her high status.
- Nue Houjuu (Friend):
- Byakuren Hijiri (Currently lives at her temple):
- Ran Yakumo (Enemy): As tanuki and foxes are at odds between each other, they probably share a mutual disliking. It's unknown if they have actually met before.
- Kosuzu Motoori (Admirer): Kosuzu admires Mamizou's alias' work, however, once she meets her when Mamizou asks for a demon book and reveals herself as a youkai, who has the potential to hurt her, she gives her the demon book.
- Hata no Kokoro (Known): Mamizou helped Hata no Kokoro as one of the people who made an effort to help Kokoro control her emotions.
- Suika Ibuki:
- Miyoi Okunoda:
- Aya Shameimaru:
- Seija Kijin:
- Hatate Kimekaidou:
- Fujiwara no Mokou:
- Joon Yorigami:
- Shion Yorigami:
- Toyosatomimi no Miko:
- Marisa Kirisame:
- She is a second character that is a meganekko in the series, the first one being Rikako Asakura. However, she is the first one to wear glasses in a Windows game.
- Futatsuiwa (二ッ岩) means "Two Rocks". Her first name Mamizou is written in katakana. This may be a pun on how tanukis are often represented in folklore.
- Her hometown may possibly be the real life town of Sado in Niigata Prefecture.