Marina The Mermaid is the titular main protagonist of the series that has the same name.
Marina is a beautiful and compassionate young mermaid and unlike the mermaids shown in the first two films, she is helpful and unselfish.She joins Jake and the crew on occasions and when she does it makes all the difference. She has a pet starfish named Sandy who she cares for and loves deeply. She is also shown to have the ability to communicate with the creatures of the Never Sea ("Bucky's Anchor Aweigh!").
- Marina's debut episode "Surfin Turf" has become one of the series' most recognizable premieres.
- Marina's heroine side in "Save the Coral Cove!" has a few similarities to Ariel of The Little Mermaid, rendering the first name of her voice actress still more appropriate.
- Despite her actress confirming Marina's crush on Jake, the creators have yet to confirm this or not.
- The flying surfboard ride at the end of "Surfin Turf" is reminiscent of the magic carpet ride in Aladdin.
- Marina only has a cameo at the end of Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns, despite being the first hour-long episode of the series. This also happens in "Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Battle for the Book".
- Marina is the fifth main character to have a solo song ("Undersea Bucky!"), the first being Izzy ("Surfin Turf"), the second being Cubby ("The Golden Twilight Treasure"), the third being Captain Hook ("Treasure Show and Tell"), and the fourth being Peter Pan (Jake and the Never Land Pirates: Peter Pan Returns).
- Marina's being so sweet and kind, when compared to the other mermaids, invites comparison with Syrena from Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides.
Rolie Polie Olie
The Bite-Sized Adventures of Sam Sandwich
Sofia the First
Sheriff Callie's Wild West
Goldie & Bear
Fancy Nancy Clancy
Mira, Royal Detective