This Hero was Headlined on March 2019.
This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||It's a me, Mario!||„|
|~ Mario introducing himself in Super Mario 64.|
|~ One of Mario's famous catchphrases from Super Mario 64.|
|“||So long-a, Bowser!||„|
|~ Mario throwing Bowser by the tail in Super Mario 64.|
|“||Thank you so much for playing my game!||„|
|~ Mario to the player at the end of Super Mario 64.|
Mario, is the titular protagonist of the video game franchise of the same name, as well as the mascot of Nintendo. He is the older twin brother of Luigi. He was created by Nintendo's Shigeru Miyamoto and has appeared in over 200 games. Originally, he only appeared in platform games. However, he now also features in sporting games, racing games, fighting games and others. He is considered by many to be the most famous character in video game history and is known to many as "The Face of Video Games," having six games out of the top 10 on the list of best-selling video games of all time.
In the 1993 live-action film Super Mario Bros., he was played by the late legendary actor Bob Hoskins, who also portrayed Eddie Valiant from Who Framed Roger Rabbit. In the video games, Mario has been currently voiced by Charles Martinet since Mario Teaches Typing and Mario's Game Gallery/Fundamentals. In the TV show You're Skitting Me, he was played by Hayden McKertish, while Rowan Hills played Luigi. He will be voiced by Chris Pratt, who also played Star-Lord from Marvel Cinematic Universe, Emmet Brickowski from The Lego Movie, Owen Grady from Jurassic World trilogy and Barley Lightfoot from Onward, in Illumination's upcoming 2022 Super Mario Bros. film.
He also makes a cameo appearance during the ending for Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3.
- 1 Appearance
- 2 Personality
- 3 Biography
- 3.1 Donkey Kong
- 3.2 Mario Bros.
- 3.3 Super Mario Bros.
- 3.4 Super Mario Bros. 2
- 3.5 Super Mario Bros. 3
- 3.6 Super Mario Land
- 3.7 Super Mario World
- 3.8 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
- 3.9 Super Mario 64/Super Mario 64 DS
- 3.10 Super Mario Sunshine
- 3.11 New Super Mario Bros.
- 3.12 Super Mario Galaxy
- 3.13 New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- 3.14 Super Mario Galaxy 2
- 3.15 Super Mario 3D Land
- 3.16 New Super Mario Bros. 2
- 3.17 New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
- 3.18 Super Mario 3D World/Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
- 3.19 Super Mario Odyssey
- 4 Spin-Off Appearances
- 4.1 Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
- 4.2 Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
- 4.3 Mario & Luigi series
- 4.4 Super Mario Maker Series
- 4.5 Super Mario Run
- 4.6 Mario Kart series
- 4.7 Mario Golf series
- 4.8 Mario Tennis series
- 4.9 Mario Baseball series
- 4.10 Mario Party series
- 4.11 Mario Strikes series
- 4.12 Dr. Mario Series
- 4.13 Luigi's Mansion
- 4.14 Super Princess Peach
- 4.15 Mario & Wario
- 4.16 Captain Toad
- 4.17 Hotel Mario
- 4.18 Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
- 5 Other Media
- 6 Relationship
- 7 Powers and Abilities
- 8 Quotes
- 9 Theme
- 10 Trivia
- 11 External links
- 12 Navigation
Mario is a short man with hair and mustache. In Donkey Kong until Super Mario Bros. 2, Mario wears a long-sleeved blue shirt and red overalls with gold buttons, he also wears a red cape with a M. From Super Mario Bros. 3 onward, the colors of Mario's shirt and overalls are inverted.
Mario is a simple character without a solid personality since he was meant for players to integrate their personality into his character. When his demeanor is shown, Mario is kind, smart, brave, heroic, generous and optimistic. Mario is a brave and kind-hearted hero with a strong sense of justice, morality and righteousness. He puts, more often than not, other people's needs before his own and he is willing to risk his life to save millions of others from the forces of evil. Mario will never give up on anyone, ever. He will always be there no matter what, even if it's extremely dangerous.
Although Mario is generally a good-natured person, it seems he doesn't enjoy losing much, often when losing in spin-off games (i.e. Mario Party) he has a sad look on his face, but in Luigi's ending in Mario Power Tennis, he is shown congratulating his brother. However, the pats on the back turn into slaps and he intentionally stands on his brother's foot, showcasing jealousy.
He remains quiet, but when he talks, he talks heavy and harshly. In the cartoons, Mario speaks with a characteristic Brooklyn accent, but his current incarnation—voiced by Charles Martinet - has a blatant Italian accent. Mario is friendly, tenacious, and persistent, so he always knows what he is doing. Also, Mario is handsome and many creatures have a crush on him. He has been shown at times to have a crush on Princess Peach.
In the Super Smash Bros. series and Mario Strikers series, Mario shows a personality that is in complete contrast to how his personality is depicted in his series. In these series, he is shown to be very serious and almost always having firm expressions. He remained with this personality, although in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, he shows a smile in two of his new taunts. (one which shows him giving a thumbs up, the other showing him throwing Cappy) Another example is that in the Subspace Emissary, when he and Kirby get the audience's cheers as they shake their hands after their duel, he is shown to be smiling.
Mario always retains a good heart and a love of adventure. He cares more about his friends and family and would do anything to protect them.
Mario and Luigi helps clean the sewers of monsters crawling from the pipes.
Super Mario Bros.
This game is Mario's first real adventure. He travels with Luigi to save Princess Peach from the evil King Bowser. Along the way. he frees Toads who were kidnaped by Fake Bowsers. In the end, he defeats Bowser and saves Peach who gives him a harder challenge.
Super Mario Bros. 2
Mario Is The Leader Of The Four Characters. He Can Beat The Shy Guys And The Enemies With The Onions By Throwing On It. In The Final Level, He Can Beat Wart. Beat The Game By Pulling The Pot With The Sprixies Inside And You're Done!
Super Mario Bros. 3
Super Mario Land
When an evil alien named Tatanga kidnaps Princess Daisy and attempts to marry her in order to become king of Sarassaland so Mario ventures through the 4 worlds of Sarassaland to save Daisy and Sarassaland from Tatanga
Super Mario World
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
While Mario was venturing through Sarassaland in Super Mario Land, the evil Wario stole Mario's castle from Mario Land so Mario must retrieve his castle from Wario.
Super Mario 64/Super Mario 64 DS
Super Mario Sunshine
New Super Mario Bros.
Super Mario Galaxy
Mario is invited to the Star Festival by Princess Peach, who had something she wanted to give. He was enjoying the festival with the Toads, until the festival was interrupted by Bowser. Bowser, his troops and a UFO lift Peach's castle up into space to build Bowser's galactic empire at the center of the universe with Peach by his side. Before Mario could save Peach, he gets blasted away into space by Kamek.
Mario later awakens in the Gateway Galaxy, where he meets the Lumas and their "mother", Rosalina. Rosalina entrusted Mario with the Baby Luma's care, so that the Baby Luma could give Mario the power to star-spin.
After rescuing the Grand Star from Gateway Galaxy, Rosalina explains to Mario that she and the Lumas used to travel space with the Comet Observatory, but Bowser and his troops attacked them and stole their power sources--the Power Stars and Grand Stars. She then asks Mario to rescue the Power Stars and Grand Stars to power the Comet Observatory, and Mario agrees.
After rescuing all of the Power Stars and Grand Stars, Mario arrives at Bowser's Galaxy Reactor and battles him. He defeats Bowser, and rescues the final Grand Star and Peach.
Without the Grand Star's power, Bowser's galaxy starts sinking. It later explodes, creating a supermassive which begins to consume everything in the universe, including Mario and Peach. Just then, the Baby Luma comes out from Mario's hat and waves goodbye, before he and the other Lumas threw themselves into the supermassive black hole to neutralize it. Mario tried to stop them by reaching out his hand, but the Lumas had already sacrificed themselves.
After the black hole explodes, Mario appears in front of Rosalina, who saved him from the cataclysm. Rosalina explains to Mario that baby stars were born and that they will grow up to become galaxies someday. She tells Mario that when stars die, they become stardust and scatter across the cosmos, they eventually create new stars, and that the cycle continues. However, she explains that the cycle will never repeat itself in quite the same way, and tells Mario he will know the reason why.
Mario later awakens in the Mushroom Kingdom, where he sees everyone he's met during his adventure celebrating. He looks up in the air and notices a newborn galaxy. Rosalina speaks to him that all new life carries the essence of the stars, even Mario and his people. Mario realizes what she meant, and happily welcomes the new galaxy.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii
Super Mario Galaxy 2
Super Mario 3D Land
New Super Mario Bros. 2
New Super Mario Bros. U/New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
Super Mario 3D World/Super Mario 3D World + Bowser's Fury
Super Mario Odyssey
Mario appears as again as the titular protagonist, here Princess peach was yet again captured by Bowser in wanting her to Forcefully marry her, mario then tries to stop The King Koopa but instead, gets knocked off the airship before he could make an attempt on saving the Latter's captive as he then gets his hat squashed ripped and destroyed by Bowser just before he could take off with peach to start his wedding, however a piece of Mario's hat came into contact with Cappy who then needed mario's help to save his Sister from Bowser as she to was captured by the Koopa and to be the wedding gound of the ceremony. Then the two pair up and start beginning an Odyssey by collecting all of the Power Moons so that he can go to the moon and stop Bowser's Wedding from happening, he then met alot of people in his way including Pauline in New Donk City (a Parody of New York City), Later on Mario then defeats Bowser once again in a final battle in a Cathedrial in the moon, after defeating Bowser he then Brings him along with him to escape the Cathedrial's destruction but not long until the Latter then later Wakes up from his battle with mario and tries to Propose to Peach along with mario who then Tries to get in but the Both men then start to fight in the hopes of getting Peach to date them But she then Angrily Calls of her forced Wedding and leaves along with Tiara and aboard the Odyssey ship, causing Both men to then becoming deepenly depressed. Mario then tries to confort Bowser Over feeling the same way as he is but just as then Peach then tells Mario to join her along with his Friends along the way home, This Fractically made Mario Spiral in Excite as he then Happily jumps towards them but Bowser tries to Interviene again but gets his faced kicked by Mario who then mades it to the Ship, Leaving Bowser Stuck in the moon.
Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
Mario & Luigi series
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time
Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story
A new virus known as the blorbs infect the Kingdom. Mairo and Luigi are called in to discuss it.
Mario & Luigi: Dream Team
Mario & Luigi: Paper Jam
Super Mario Maker Series
Super Mario Run
Mario Kart series
Mario's first apperance in a racing game was in Super Mario Kart for the SNES
Mario Golf series
Mario Tennis series
Mario Baseball series
Mario Party series
he appears as the Titular host of the set of Games f
Mario Strikes series
Dr. Mario Series
While Mario isn't playable in the series he still holds a big importance to the story as he is kidnapped by King Boo, getting revenge on him and Luigi for defeating his Boos in their past adventures trapped inside of a portrait for his brother lung to come and save him from the ghost.
In Luigi's Mansion Mario went to visit the mansion Luigi supposedly won but upon arriving there he was ambushed by King Boo and his minions and was subsequently captured and trapped inside a portrait. Luigi would later discover his brother has gone missing, Overcoming his cowardice, Luigi with the Poltergust 3000 ventures into the mansion and captures all the Boos and other ghosts. Luigi later finds Mario trapped in the portrait and fights King Boo who eventually defeats and captures him. Afterwards
Super Princess Peach
Mario & Wario
- Main article: Mario (CD-i)
Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest
Mario made a cameo along with Link and Yoshi at the end of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy Kong's Quest. He was shown standing in first place on a podium of Cranky Kong's Video Game Heroes.
The Legend of Zelda Games
Kirby Super Star/Kirby Super Star Ultra
Mario & Sonic
Super Smash Bros. series
Mario is playable throughout the Smash Bros series. Alongside Link, Kirby and Pikachu Mario is considered to be one of the most prominent characters in the series owning to his status a video game mascot. In all of his appearances in the series, Mario is considered to be a balanced character with no real strengths or weaknesses.
In Super Smash Bros. Mario appears as one of the eight starter characters alongside Donkey Kong, Link, Samus Aran, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox McCloud and Pikachu. His move set is mostly based on his appearance in Super Mario 64. with some allusion to the original Super Mario Bros. His brother Luigi appears a moveset clone of Mario albeit with some attributes the distinguish the two.
In Super Smash Bros. Melee Mario returns as a starter character once again, while his moveset has not changed much from the original, he receives a side special move which is the cape from Super Mario World which can can reflect projectile attacks, turn opponents around and helps with his recovery but nonetheless retains his status a balanced character. his doctor persona, Dr. Mario appears as an unlockable character in the game. Appearing as his moveset clone effectively replacing Luigi who has become a semi-clone.
In Super Smash Bros. Brawl Mario returns once again returns as a default character, while his moveset is mostly unchanged, Mario recieved a new down special move which is F.L.U.D.D which can be use to push opponents away from him but not doing any damage, effectively moving his previous down move into his down ariel move. As with every character in the game, Mario also receives a Final Smash called Mario Finale, which launches a slow-moving two-streamed blast of fire that hits multiple times. Dr. Mario alongside Mewtwo, Roy, Pichu and Young Link do not return in this game but makes a cameo as a sticker, despite this Dr. Mario can be found in the games files, which indicates that he was intended to be a playable character but was cut for unknown reasons.
In the game's story mode; The Subspace Emissary, he serves as the main protagonist and the leader of the heroes, he is first seen being brought to life from a trophy alongside Kirby the have friendly fight after one of them defeats the other, the winner revives the loser and Mario and Kirby shake hands and wave to the audience. After this, the sky turns dark red and the Halberd appears, it releases shadow bugs creating primids, Peach and Zelda assist in the fight to help defeat the enemies, after doing so the Ancient Minister appears and drops a Subspace Bomb, after seeing two R.O.B.'s activate the bomb, Mario attempts to stop it but is knocked out the stadium by Petey Pirahna into the sky leaving Kirby to rescue either Peach and Zelda from the giant plant. Pit who was watching from above, sets out from his hideout and finds Mario's trophy and revives him, Mario takes a moment to recount what had happened and nods at Pit, the two join forces to follow the Halberd through the sky but the lose the Haleberd but notice Fox in a Arwing giving chase they continue their journey traversing through a plain they attempt to catch up to the Ancient Minister but fail.
The next part of the story depends on which princess the player saved in the first stage of the mode; if Peach is saved, she is turned into a trophy by Bowser and uses his dark clone to turn her into a dark being, he instructs the now possessed Peach to turn any fighter into a trophy which she does so by attempting to fire at Mario and Pit but Link destroys the gun and he and Yoshi fight the corrupted princess and defeat her, Mario notices Link and Yoshi stand over the trophy of Peach which disintegrates, thinking it was the real Peach Mario attacks Link but he doges his attack and the duos of Mario/Pit and Link/Yoshi engage on a two on two fight. If Zelda is saved Bowser will turn her into a trophy and uses his dark clone to turn her into a dark being and instructs her to attack any fighter to be turned int trophies, she does so by attempting to turn Link and Yoshi into trophies but the gun is destroyed by Pit who he and Mario fight the corrupted princess and defeat her, Link who think Mario defeated the real Zelda attacks him but doges his attack and engage on a two on two fight. The winning duo rejoice but the losing duo's trophies are taken by King Dedede as he passes by Mario notices Peach's trophy in his cargo (or Link if Zelda's trophy is in the cargo), however Kirby shows up and frees the losing duo and Link/Pit blows the cargos tire to slow it down, the five of them then join forces and begin their chase after Dedede, the traverse through a cave only to find King Dedede's castle in ruins from an ambush by Bowser and his army with Dedede nowhere to be found, they pursue Bowser through the castle they manage to catch up to him but he uses the Peach/Zelda trophy as a shield forcing him to miss, Pit then fires an arrow causing him to lose footing and he falls off a cliff but manages to get into his Koopa Clown Car as he flies to the Halberd, taunting the heroes much to Mario's anger.
The group manages to catch on the Ancient Minister in the desert but fail to prevent him from detonatinf another bomb and barely escapes the blast, Mario and his team come across the group of Marth, Ike, Lucas, Ice Climbers and the Pokemon Trainer from a horde of Subspace members, the ten of them merge together and witness the explosion of the hideout of the subspace army, Mario and the other notice the Halberd now under control of Meta Knight, Lucario, Solid Snake, Peach, Zelda, Fox, Falco Lombardi and Mr. Game & Watch land and at the same time the Falcon Flyer commanded by Captain Falcon, Samus, Pikachu, Donkey Kong, Diddy Kong, Olimar and R.O.B, the heroes all then team up to confront their common enemy, the Subspace Army.
Mario and the rest of the heroes manage to take the Subspace gunship commanded by Bowser and Ganondorf and enter subspace itself, Mario and the other reach Tabuu next to an unconscious Master Hand shortly after Bowser was betrayed by Ganondorf and Ganondorf himself being turned into a trophy and Master Hand easily being defeated by Tabuu with Mario being ready to fight Tabuu however Tabuu turns all of the fighters into trophies. Mario was later rescued by a team of King Dedede, Ness and Luigi with Kirby rescuing some of the other fighters. Mario and the rest of the cast go through the Great Maze to confront Tabuu once more, Tabuu prepares to turn him and the others into trophies once more but Sonic appears and destroys his wings. with him greatly weakened, Mario and the others fight Tabuu and defeat him and smash world returns to normal.
In Super Smash Bros. for 3DS and Wii U Mario once again appears as a starter character, once again retaining his status a balanced character. As with every character in the game, Mario's moveset can be customized using various equipment found in the game. After being absent from Brawl, Dr. Mario returns as an unlockable character.
Like every character that was previously playable in the Super Smash Bros series, Mario reappears in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as one of the eight starter characters. Cappy also appears with him in this game albeit only aesthetic. His wedding outfit from Super Mario Odyssey appears as an alternate costume as does his builder outfit from Super Mario Maker.
- Luigi: Luigi is Mario's younger twin brother. Mario and Luigi are pretty different when it comes to personality. While they are both usually optimistic, cheerful, kind-hearted and retain a strong sense of morals and justice, Mario is much braver than Luigi. Despite Luigi being slightly jealous of Mario on rare occasions, the two brothers love each other and share a close bond. It's speculated that the reason Mario doesn't always bring Luigi with him on adventures is that Mario doesn't want him getting hurt and is protective of him. While Mario sees potential in Luigi, he can be protective of Luigi as shown in some of the games. Both brothers are a duo that while strong on their own, show their true power as a team.
- Princess Peach: Sometime after his break up with Pauline in the first Donkey Kong game, Mario has shown some interest in Peach sometime after he came to the Mushroom Kingdom. The two have a strong friendship and love each other. Despite having to rescue her almost twenty-four seven, Mario doesn't seem to mind as he cares a lot for Peach's safety. Mario loves getting affection from Princess Peach and is just as protective of her as he is to Luigi.
- Toad: Toad is one of Mario's close friends and the two seem to have mutual respect. In Super Mario Bros. 2, Toad adventures alongside Mario and his allies in saving the land of Subcon. However after Super Mario Bros 3, Toad has actively aided Mario, by giving him Power-Ups, and other good items, whenever Mario visits Toad's Toad Houses.
- Yoshi: Yoshi is Mario's best friend who saved Mario and Luigi from the Koopa Troop when they were babies. In the present day, Yoshi continues to help Mario against Bowser in several games, such as Super Mario 64 DS.
- Princess Daisy: Daisy is one of Mario's close friends who was rescued from the evil space alien, Tatanga and has shown some friendship with him ever since her return in Mario Tennis 64.
- Rosalina: Rosalina is a good friend and an ally to Mario when visiting the comet observatory. Rosalina first befriended Mario in Super Mario Galaxy when Mario recovers the stolen grand stars to power her Comet Observatory.
- Donkey Kong: Donkey Kong is the grandson of Mario's former nemesis, Cranky Kong. Although Mario did fight Donkey Kong's grandfather in the arcade games, the current Donkey Kong and Mario are on much better terms. In spite of their friendly rivalry in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, Donkey Kong is good friends with Mario, as evident in the Mario Party series and Mario Super Sluggers. Though the current Donkey Kong is large, he is actually quite a bit younger than Mario.
- Bowser: Bowser is Mario's arch-enemy and the two are shown to battle in many games. Bowser often tries to kidnap Peach and take over the Mushroom Kingdom, but Mario stops at nothing to defeat him to set things right. Despite their heated rivalry, both of them teamed up to take down greater threats, as shown in Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars and Super Paper Mario. Bowser also saved Mario from Wario and Waluigi at the end of Mario Super Sluggers, due to Bowser's desire to personally defeat Mario himself. While Bowser is shown to hate Mario, Mario does not have the same opinion as he has on Bowser, and is more than willing to get along with him. This is evident in many spin-off games, in which Bowser peacefully participates with Mario and his friends in sports festivals (i.e Mario Kart or Mario Tennis).
- Wario: Wario is Mario's rival. Their relationship started to be violent in Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins, but the two patched things up in later games. Even though their rivalry continues in various sports titles, the two have teamed up occasionally in some games, including the Mario Party series and Super Mario 64 DS. Nintendo Power has also stated that the two are cousins, but this is unconfirmed.
- Waluigi: Waluigi and Mario don't interact with each other much. Waluigi does team up with Wario to defeat Mario, but Waluigi's main rival is Luigi.
- Sonic the Hedgehog: Sonic is both Mario's greatest ally, friendly rival and good friend as they have a lot in common as they are both the greatest heroes of their worlds and have pure hearts in doing what's right and always does what's best for everyone. They have a friendly competition in sports and like to test their skills to see who's best. Sonic and Mario see each other as the closest of friends and rivals in one and the greatest in partnership of heroics and all.
- Pauline: Pauline was Mario's first girlfriend and first damsel-in-distress. Despite their breakup however, in the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, the two are stated to be friends, with her attending Mario's Mini Mario business and theme park events. Pauline is also shown to be supportive of Mario in Super Mario Odyssey.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Physical Condition: Throughout the games, Mario showed physical abilities well above the human average.
- Superhuman Strength: Although he is not as strong as his archenemy, Bowser, Mario can lift and press objects that are several times his weight. The exact upper limits of his strength is unknown, but in Super Mario World, Mario can easily lift a castle. In Super Mario 64, Mario is shown to lift King Bob-omb. An even more impressive feat is during the fight with Bowser. Mario can lift him by the tail, spin him around and then throw him. Mario spins Bowser around faster and launches him farther with more spins.
- Jump: Mario's incredible strength also extends to his legs, allowing him to perform his signature move, the jump. Mario is extremely good at jumping and is capable of leaping two stories high. He is the second-best jumper in the Mushroom Kingdom, bested only by Luigi.
- Superhuman Durability: Mario has a significant level of durability. He can endure great impacts, such as falling from a height of several stories or being struck by an opponent with superhuman strength. Mario can also endure extreme environments, such as volcanoes and tundras.
- Superhuman Stamina: Mario can maintain continuous physical activity for an indefinite time.
- Superhuman Speed: Mario is capable of running up walls in Super Mario World, and is capable of outpacing sound in Super Paper Mario. Koopa the Quick has referred to Mario as a "human blur." Also, Mario can dodge lasers and lightning.
- Superhuman Agility: Mario has shown himself time and time again to be very agile and nimble. This has allowed him to survive many dangerous situations that a normal person would die.
- Pyrokinesis: Mario, in some games (eg. Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars, various sports installments, etc), can control and manipulate fire and is usually associated with the element.
- Solar Manipulation: Only seen in Super Mario Strikers Charged, Mario is able to manipulate solar energy via his Mega Kick and use it to kick the metal ball with force.
- Transformation: Like near Mushroom Kingdom habitants, Mario can use Power-Ups to transform and gain new abilities such as flight and invincibility. For example, in Super Mario Galaxy 2, Mario can collect a Rock Mushroom to turn into Rock Mario and bowl over his enemies by using limited terrakinesis to gather enough rocks to become a large, indestructible boulder.
- Flight: Using stars of different sizes in the Mario Galaxy series, Mario can fly in space at will.
|~ Another one of Mario's famous catchphrases in Super Mario 64.|
|~ Another one of Mario's famous catchphrases in Super Mario 64.|
|“||Here we go!||„|
|~ Another one of Mario's famous catchphrases in Super Mario 64.|
|“||Nice computer you got here!||„|
|“||Mario is so proud of you!||„|
|“||You're the champion, nice game!||„|
|“||You got it!||„|
|~ Mario in Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour|
|“||Go for it!||„|
|“||That's-a so nice!||„|
|~ Mario in Mario Kart: Double Dash|
|“||We did it!||„|
|“||Thank you so much for playing my game!||„|
|“||Ah, princess-a, what a beautiful evening.||„|
|~ Mario in the beginning of Super Mario 3D World.|
|“||Oh yeah! It's-a great-a!||„|
|~ in Mario Kart 8, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe & Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020.|
|“||Oh, yeah! Mario time! Woo hoo!||„|
|~ in Super Mario 3D World when selected|
|“||Yes! I'm the winner!||„|
|~ in Mario Party 4 5 6 & 7.|
|“||Who's done me a thousand wrongs ever since Donkey Kong? Slithering down every pipe despite his plumb-shaped body type! Who's gonna run in fear While screaming "Mamma miaaaaaaaaaa"? Who leaves me gray and grim? Oh, what does Peach see in him? MARIO!||„|
|~ Lyrics from the Phantom of the Bwahpera's first ballad|
Note: These songs work on Google Chrome
|Super Mario Bros.|
Super Mario Bros.: Lost Levels
|Super Mario Bros. 2|
|Super Mario Bros. 3|
|Super Mario World|
|Super Smash Bros|
|Super Mario All-Stars (Super Mario Bros.)|
Super Mario All-Stars (Super Mario Bros.: Lost Levels)
|Super Mario Compact Disco|
|Super Mario RPG|
|Super Mario 64|
|Super Mario Advance|
|Super Smash Bros. Melee|
|Super Mario Sunshine|
|Super Mario Advance 4|
|Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga|
|Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door|
|Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix|
|Mario Tennis: Power Tour|
|New Super Mario Bros.|
|Mario Power Tennis|
|Mario Party 8|
|Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games|
|Super Mario Galaxy|
|Super Smash Bros. Brawl|
|Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story|
|New Super Mario Bros. Wii|
|Super Mario Galaxy 2|
|Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Winter Games|
|Tekken Tag Tournament 2|
|Super Mario 3D Land|
|Mario Party 9|
|Paper Mario: Sticker Star|
- In the classic games and the DIC cartoons, Mario used to have red overalls and a blue shirt underneath, but the colors were later inversed.
- In the 1993 live-action Super Mario Bros. movie, Mario wore a red jumpsuit with a blue-collar and blue long sleeves along with a red cap and mechanical jumping boots.
- Mario has always had his signature cap, ever since he was a baby.
- A "real-sized" Mario has confirmed Mario's height to be 155cm (5 foot 1 inch).
- Mario used to have a very low, Brooklyn accent instead of a high-pitched Italian accent.
- Mario is one of the very few Nintendo characters who talks in sentences, although not very often.
- Mario's name before "Jumpman" was supposed to be "Mr. Video".
- In Mario Bros., Mario might have been a plumber, but current games do not depict him as one.
- He is also one of the good guys in Super Mario Bros. Z, a Flash series created by Mark Haynes.
- In Wreck-It Ralph, he was mentioned by Fix-It Felix, Jr. at the 30th anniversary party. However, he was originally supposed to make a cameo in the sequel, but was scrapped due to copyright issues.
- Mario is the main antagonist of Donkey Kong Jr., but this debut is not canon. He is the hero in the original Donkey Kong, but despite this not being canon, Mario still qualifies for "Redeemed Villains".
- Normally voiced by Charles Martinet.
- Voiced by Owl City’s Adam Young in RollerCoaster Tycoon films.
- Mario was mentioned by K.O. in the episode Let's Meet Sonic, where K.O. made a fan-fiction of Sonic beating him in the Olympics.
- Besides making a lot of friends along the way, Mario has also encountered a lot of rivals. To date, at least two crossover video game heroes have acted as Mario's rivals: Captain Falcon and Sonic the Hedgehog.
- In Mario 64, he yells "So long King Bowser!" when throwing said Bowser off the arena. The line is sometimes mistakenly referred to as "So long, gay Bowser!" by Mario fans.
- Many Mario fans were flabbergasted by the news that Chris Pratt would be voicing Mario in the 2022 film with the same name. So much so that it's gotten to the point where it's become a meme.
- Mario on Wikipedia.
- Mario at the Mario Wiki/Fandom wiki
- Mario on Super Mario Wiki
- Mario at the Pure Good wiki
|The Headlined Heroes|