|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating it's info wherever necessary
And now time resumes!
|“||It's Maui time!||„|
|~ Maui's most famous quote.|
|~ Maui's other famous quote.|
Maui is the deuteragonist of Disney's 56th full-length animated feature film Moana.
He is voiced by Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, who portrayed Joe Kingman in The Game Plan, Rockblock in G.I. Joe Retaliation, Chuck Baker in Planet 51, Jack Brunoin Race to Witch Mountain, and Luke Hobbs in Fast & Furious.
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Maui possesses extreme superhuman strength. The latter allows him to jump significant heights that end with damaging land. Maui's incredible strength allows him to perform impossible feats such as singlehandedly dredging up islands, lassoing the sun, and even pushing up the sky. Maui's strength also lies in his lungs, as he can produce massive gusts of wind to clear a path before or surrounding him. He apparently uses this ability to harness the breeze in the world's air.
- Immortality: Since becoming a demigod, Maui is virtually immortal, looking as the same in the present as he did one thousand years ago. His immortality is likely how he survived on a desert island in that length of time with little or no food or freshwater, and allows him to survive attacks from monsters and other deities that would greatly injure or kill a normal person.
- Shapeshifting: With the help of his hook, Maui is able to shape shift into anything he can imagine, mostly just animals.
- Illusions: Maui was able to create cartoony illusions to distract Moana.
- Sentient Tattoos: Maui has a living tattoo of himself on his chest, who is able to move around his entire body.
- Fishhook: Maui's primary weapon is his giant fishhook, which he can use to fight, shapeshift, and even lift/pull objects.
No one loves Maui more than he does, and he assumes the rest of the world feels the same way. The only thing bigger than his massive muscles is his massive ego. But beneath all that swagger, Maui also has deep-seated insecurities he seldom opens up about. He'd rather be loved from afar than truly make a connection with humans he protects.
- Jason Lee, Justin Long, Bill Hader, Patton Oswalt, Jack Black, T.J. Miller, James Corden, James Marsden, Andy Samberg, Jesse Eisenberg, Jason Sudeikis, Josh Gad, Danny McBride, and Keegan-Michael Key were all considered for the role of Maui before Dwayne Johnson was selected.