|“||Holy rabies! Holy rabies!||„|
|~ One of Mavis' famous catchphrases|
|“||I grew up knowing nothing living inside that hotel. Maybe if Dennis grow up away from Transylvania, they won't be so freaky, like... me.||„|
|~ Mavis expressing her feelings towards herself and Dennis to Johnny|
Mavis Kate Dracula/Loughran (or simply just Mavis, or Mavy-Wavy; born September 28, 1894) is one of the main characters of the Hotel Transylvania franchise, serving as the deuteragonist of Hotel Transylvania, one of the two tritagonists (alongside Johnny) of Hotel Transylvania 2, a major character of Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, and the main protagonist of Hotel Transylvania: The Series. She is the 118 (later 126)-year old daughter of Dracula. She is also the love interest and later wife of Jonathan and the mother of Dennis.
She as an adult is voiced by Selena Gomez (who also portrayed Alex Russo) and by Sadie Sander as a child in films. In the TV series, she is voiced by Bryn McAuley. In the Japanese dub from the movie, she is voiced by Umika Kawashima.
Mavis is gentle, headstrong, intelligent, curious, dramatic, and independent. She has a little bit of an attitude, but she is very sincere and gentle. An innocent, wholesome, soft-spoken, and, amiable person.
Mavis wants a little bit of independence and trust from her father and often gets bored. She dreams of exploring the world and experiencing all the sights and sounds that the world has to offer, but all that becomes a reality when she meets Jonathan and, unknowingly, falls in love with a human.
She is also always willing to help someone out, even if her own life is in danger. Proof of that is when she was at the "human" village.
After all the threats the pitchfork-armed, torch-wielding "humans" made of burning her clothes, taking her candy, biting her toes, and even shoving garlic bread in her face, she still offered her help when the "humans" were on fire. She said "Holy rabies! You're on fire. Can I do anything? Can I help you?"
In the second film, after becoming a mother, Mavis begins to adopt some of her father's overprotectiveness and attachment to her child, going so far as to baby-proof everything in the hotel, never leaving his side and wanting to move to California in order for her son to grow up in a safe environment and around other children like him.
Unlike her father, she doesn't seem to care that Dennis isn't a full vampire and accepts him for who he is even standing up to people who she assumes are prejudicing him for being a hybrid.
Mavis has pale skin, beautiful blue eyes and short jet black hair with bangs. She wears a black turtleneck dress with long black fingerless lace gloves, black and red striped tights and red Converse.
She also wears black lipstick matched with black nail polish and dark eyeshadow.
For her 118th birthday party, she sewed together all her black cloaks to make a large one.
On her wedding day, she wore a black wedding dress with spider web design on the chest and a red jewel pendant. She also wore a thin, silver tiara and a sparkling spider web veil. Mavis carried a bouquet of black flowers and had long lacy black gloves on.
In Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation, Mavis wears a plain black swimsuit when in the pool or scuba-diving and a short black dress with large purple flowers on it and a purple band around the waist. She also wears a pair of salmon-colored flip-flops and a purple flower in her hair. At the cruise party, she has glow in the dark colorful bands around her neck and on her wrists.
- Dracula - Mavis and her father don't always see eye to eye sometimes but at the end of the day, they love each other and Mavis understands her dad is just trying to protect her. Even if that means being extremely annoying and unreasonable. She was furious with her father when she learned that he lied and tricked her but eventually forgave him when he returned Jonathan to her and allowed them to date. Mavis is heartbroken when she realizes her dad has fallen in love with Ericka and assumes she'll never see him again but he assures her nothing will tear them apart. Mavis loves her father more then anyone and the two rely on each other.
- Martha - Mavis never really knew her mother, since she passed away when Mavis was a baby, although she still thinks about her constantly. Martha means a lot to Mavis and so did the present Martha left for her to open when she turned 118.
- Dennis - Mavis cares for her son very much and will protect him from anything. She's excited to tell her father she's pregnant but his assumpation that the child will be a vampire irriatated her slighlty. After the birth, Mavis didn't let Dennis out of her sight for a good five years and had her dad baby-proof the entire hotel. She fully accepted the fact that Dennis showed no signs of being a vampire and Dracula's countless attempts to turn the child into a vampire angered her, eventually forcing Mavis to consider moving to California. Nevertheless, Mavis is overjoyed Dennis turns out to be a vampire and the family live happily in the Hotel.
- Jonathan - Mavis and Jonathan instantly felt something for each other the first time they saw each other and getting to know each other only made their feelings stronger. When Mavis finds out Jonathan is a human, she is disappointed, not because he's a human, but because he lied. When he is ordered to leave, she realizes how much he meant to her and thinks they might have zinged and tries to convince him to stay. Her heart is broken when Jonathan lies, for Dracula's sake, that he hates monsters and leaves. When Jonathan comes back and tells her that she's his zing and the reason why he lied, all is resolved, they became a happy couple and traveled the world together. She also called Jonathan "adorable" when Dracula asked her if she liked him.The two would eventaully get married and become parents just two years after they met.
- Her birthdate is September 28, 1894. September 28 is the day when Hotel Transylvania was released, and the film takes place is 2012 (the present day), specifically between September 27–29, 2012. It is also stated that Mavis is 118 in the first film, so she was born in 1894.
- The series takes place four years before the first film making her 114-115.
- Mavis is sometimes thought to be the main protagonist of the first film.
- Miley Cyrus was originally considered to voice Mavis before the role went to Selena Gomez.
- She's very good at sewing.
- Mavis never really heard about "Hawaii" and calls it "Paradise" but pronounces it "Haweewee". She also said "Hawifi" once.
- Her room number is 174.
- Mavis and Johnny's only child, Dennis , is named after Johnny's grandfather and was born on Friday the 13th.
- Dracula's best friend, Frankenstein , is Mavis's godfather because he's closest to Mavis and Drac and Mavis referrs to him as her "uncle". She also calls Frank's wife, Eunice, "Aunt Eunice".