Max is one of the two titular main characters (alongside Sam) of the video game franchise of the same name. He is Sam’s detective partner, who goes on adventures.
He was voiced by Robet Tinkler in the 1996 animated series of the same name.
Max is a "hyperkinetic rabbity thing" and the second half of the Freelance Police. Unhinged, uninhibited and near psychotic, Max enjoys violence and tends to prefer the aggressive way of solving problems. Still, he has a sharp mind and an observational nature, and it's apparent that his seemingly short attention span is not because of his inability to focus (although that is there), but instead because he grows bored easily and always wants to try new experiences.
He was born July 10, presumably sometime in the 1970's, and is about the same age as Sam. For unknown reasons, he has a metal plate in his skull, and in the third season, he develops psychic powers. He wields a Luger pistol.
Max is a small rabbit who has a white fur and razor-sharp teeth. He also has big feet and long ears that always stay upright, as well as a pair of glaring beady dark brown eyes.
Personality & Traits
Although Max seems to have a heartless personality, he seems to genuinely care about his few friends; he strongly believes in protecting Sam and can be pretty possessive over their status as partners and best friends. He dislikes long stories and rambling anecdotes, and occasionally ask Sam or other characters not to use certain words, such as "ensue" or "acumen."
- Max's appearance is similar to that of a white rabbit. He calls himself a lagomorph, so whether or not he actually is a rabbit is something only Max knows.
- Max's resting expression is a Cheshire Cat-like grin.
- Max's mouth can disappear when he's surprised, confused, or pondering.
- A hat referred to as "Max's Severed Head" was a limited time promotional item in the game Team Fortress 2 and was given to TF2 players as a reward for purchasing The Devil's Playhouse on Steam before April 26th, 2010.
- The weapon "Lugermorph" (based on Max's iconic firearm) and the item "License to Maim" (a badge with the logo of the Freelance Police) were also reward items within Team Fortress 2, and could be earned by defeating Max in Poker Night at the Inventory.
- A crude model of Max appeared as an easter egg in the Star Wars: Dark Forces video game series.
Sam & Max
Jurassic Park: The Game
Minecraft: Story Mode
Batman: The Telltale Series