Methuselah, also dubbed Titanus Methuselah, is a minor character in the 2019 film, Godzilla: King of the Monsters. He is a giant mountain/plant hybrid kaiju who appears as a minor titan that obeys Ghidorah, later Godzilla.
Methuselah was awakened from his slumber in Germany by Ghidorah's call, which also awakened many other titans around the world. Methuselah erupted from underground, the mountain above him being revealed to actually be part of his body. Like the other titans, Methuselah rampaged through populated areas, tearing through structures with his horns. Eventually, he made his way to Boston along with Scylla, Behemoth and the six-legged MUTO. There, they found the alpha they were following, Ghidorah, was slain at the hands of Godzilla. Rodan approached Godzilla to challenge him, but was intimidated by his gaze and ultimately submitted. The other titans all followed suit, each "bowing" in their own way to the new king of the titans.
Methuselah is a ginormous mountain/plant creature who appears to be quadrupedal, with a mammalian face possessing horns like a bull. His eyes lack visible pupils and are glossy and clouded-over. Methuselah's most noticeable physical trait is the gigantic mountain he carries on his back, which allows him to camouflage and blend into the landscape surrounding his place of rest in Germany. He has also disguised himself as an island and an iceberg.
Powers and Abilities
- Titan Physiology: As a titan, Methuselah is incredibly powerful; as he possesses various physical and supernatural attributes that surpasses that of most other titans.
- Advanced Strength: Methuselah is far stronger than most other titans; for example, he can effortlessly carry an entire human population on his back.
- Advanced Durability: Methuselah is far more durable than most other titans; for example, his armour-plated shell is extremely durable, allowing him to withstand powerful attacks.
- Advanced Stamina: Methuselah possesses far more stamina then most other titans; allowing him to remain physically active for long periods of time.
- Camouflage: Due to Methuselah's shell being capable of starting and supporting life; he can camouflage himself as a mountain simply by growing a forest on his shell. This can apparently be done very quickly.
- Advanced Combatant: Methuselah can use his jaws, and massive horns to inflict a great deal of damage and destruction.
- The outpost Methuselah was contained in, Monarch Outpost 67, is a possible reference to the 1967 Toho film Son of Godzilla.
- When Methuselah was first shown in a trailer for Godzilla: King of the Monsters, he was widely believed to be Anguirus or Baragon.
- Methuselah was created to show that Titans could be a part of the natural world.