|“||This is my very good friend, Miek. He is an insect and has knives for hands.||„|
Miek is a supporting character in Thor: Ragnarok, Avengers: Endgame, and the upcoming sequel, Thor: Love and Thunder. Miek is a Sakaaran insectoid who was forced to fight in the Grandmaster's contest of champions, and befriended Korg. After being freed from the Grandmaster, Miek supported Korg, Thor and his allies in saving the Asgardians from Hela. After the decimation, Miek would aid her allies in stopping Thanos and his army, and witnessed the Mad Titan's defeat.
She was portrayed by Stephen Murdoch on set.
Miek was a Sakaaran insectoid who was captured by the Grandmaster, and was outfitted with a robotic exoskeleton to fight. Becoming a champion, Miek met the Kronan Korg, who became her best friend.
Miek and Korg would meet Thor when he was captured by the Sakaaran guards, and Miek greeted him by showing off her exoskeleton's blades. When Thor's adopted brother, Loki, visited him in the gladiator's quarters, Miek joined Korg in trying to get rid of Loki. She later witnessed Thor's duel with the Grandmaster's greatest champion, Hulk, joining in chat supporting Thor.
While Miek was waiting for the next fight with Korg, Valkyrie stormed the gladiator's quarter sand provided Korg with a weapon. Miek, Korg and fellow gladiators initiated the Sakaaran rebellion, fighting against the Sakaaran Guards. After accepting Loki as their leader, Miek and the other rebels reached the Grandmaster's garage, and seized the Statesman and flew it to Asgard.
Miek would later participate in fighting Hela's Berserkers so the Asgardians could escape from Hela's tyranny. During the battle, Korg accidently stomped on Miek, which only knocked her unconscious. Korg felt guilty, believing she was dead, and took her body on the Statesman since he couldn't accept the lost of his best friend. Thor and his allies managed to save the Asgardians, and Hela was killed by a resurrected Surtur, who destroyed Asgard. Following the battle and destruction of Asgard, Miek regained consciousness, much to Korg's delight, and the two stayed in the Statesman.
Avengers: Infinity War
On the Statesman's journey to Earth, the Asgardians were ambushed and attacked by Thanos and the Black Order. Half of the Asgardians were slaughtered, but Miek, Korg and Valkyrie were one of the many survivors from the attack. Thanos destroyed the Statesman after gaining one of the Infinity Stones, and killing Heimdall and Loki. After the attack, Thanos managed to complete the Infinity Gauntlet and snapped his fingers, wiping out half of the universe despite Thor and his allies trying to stop him.
After Thanos wiped out half of the universe, Miek, Korg, Valkyrie and the surviving Asgardians relocated to Tønsberg, Norway on Earth. For the next five years, Miek and Korg watched Thor drink himself out of guilt, as Valkyrie headed the survivors. Miek would later reunite with Hulk and Rocket Raccoon, who asked Thor to help them in the time heist. Miek would later aid Thor, the surviving Asgardians, the Avengers, the Guardians of the Galaxy and the other heroes in fighting Thanos and his army during the Battle of Earth. Miek and Korg survived the battle, as Iron Man sacrificed himself by using the Infinity Stones to defeat Thanos and his army.
Miek is very eager and skilled with her blades, and she is willing to demonstrate her talents whenever possible. Miek also seems to be mute since she does not speak throughout her encounters with Thor. She has formed a close friendship with her fellow gladiator Korg, as the two are inseparable, even when Korg thought he had accidentally killed Miek.
Powers and Abilities
- Insectoid Physiology: Miek is an insectoid, who has greater durability than a human. However, Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs.
- Superhuman Durability: Miek, even without her exoskeleton, is incredibly resilient to physical injury, as she was able to withstand unintentionally being stomped on by Korg.
- Superhuman Stamina: Miek's stamina is shown to be high, never needing to slow down during her battles with multiple Berserkers, Outriders and Chitauri before tiring.
- Exoskeleton Enhancement: Miek was provided with an artificial exoskeleton that gives her a greater boost of strength and agility in combat.
- Enhanced Strength: Miek has enhanced strength, which allowed her to defeat multiple Berserkers, Outriders and Chitauri in battle.
- Enhanced Agility: With the aid of her exoskeleton, Miek has greater agility, dexterity, balance and body coordination than a normal human being. She was able to quickly overcome the agile Berserkers, as well as several Outriders and Chitauri.
- Expert Combatant: Miek is a proficient combatant, for she survives many gladiatorial matches and was able to defeat many Berserkers thanks to her blades. During the battle of Earth, she once again demonstrated her combat abilities by defeating many Sakaarans, Outriders and Chitauri.
- Sword Mastery: Miek is incredibly skilled in wielding her blades in hand-to-hand combat.
- Exoskeleton: Miek's body consists of a head and several stubby legs, fitted with an artificial exoskeleton and armed with blades which enables her to move and attack very quickly.
- Though referred to as a male in Thor: Ragnarok, Taika Waititi revealed that Miek was a female prior to production in Thor: Love and Thunder 
|World of Taika Heroes|
Eagle vs. Shark (2007): Jarrod | Lily
Thor: Love and Thunder (2022): Thor Odinson | Jane Foster | Valkyrie | Korg | Miek (NOTE: Also apart of the larger shared Marvel Cinematic Universe series of films)