|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Mini-Me contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ Mini-Me's famous phrase|
Mini-Me is a major character in the Austin Powers franchise. He is Austin Powers' best friend and sidekick, Dr. Evil and Frau Farbissina's son, Scott's younger brother, and Dr. Evil's 1/8th-sized clone.
He was portrayed by the late Verne Troyer.
Mini-Me was originally designed to be exactly like Dr. Evil in every way, except he was much smarter and stronger (as well as completely mute). He became "the son he never had", which earned the jealousy and hatred of Dr. Evil's biological son Scott Evil.
Afterwards, when Scott becomes evil, Mini-Me decides to switch sides and becomes Austin Powers' new best friend and sidekick, redeeming himself.
Mini-Me likes to use the peace gesture when he wants to be friends with someone.
If he does not like someone, he will usually flip them off as a means of insulting them (even though he only uses it once during the third film). On most other occasions, he prefers to express himself through written notes.
Overall, Mini-Me has proven that despite being a clone of Dr. Evil and originally one of his henchmen, he is truly a good and reliable person at heart.
- Mini-Me has almost no dialogue in the franchise, beyond an occasional frightened "Eeeee!". Otherwise, he is silent, except for when he does his evil laugh with Dr. Evil.
- At one point, in the second film, when he is dealing with his malfunctioning chair, he briefly makes a noise that sounds like "Hey!".
- It is unknown why Mini-Me is unable to speak.
- He has a pet named Mini-Mr. Bigglesworth.
- He is sometimes referred to and treated as a dog or other small objects. Scott refers to him as "that vicious little... chihuahua thing." Austin says, upon Mini-Me being knocked out, "Poor little bugger. He's like a dog or something. Poor little bugger." In the third film's opening scenes, Dr. Evil uses a leash to restrain Mini-Me from attacking Scott, telling him to heel.
- He tends dry hump random things.
- He also likes to lip sync the occasional line when Dr. Evil raps.
- Despite his small size, Mini-Me is a powerful and effective fighter, once giving Austin a considerable thrashing until the spy took advantage of his small size and flushed him out into space through a toilet. Despite being a clone of Dr. Evil, Mini-Me is shown to be far stronger and tougher than his larger counterpart as seen in Goldmember when they are lifting weights in prison. He was also given a significant beating in Goldmember, in which he was tied in a pillowcase by Austin and slammed through shelves and glass tables, only to stand up without a scratch.
- Upon seeing Mini-Me, Nigel says, "Blimey, I thought I smelled cabbage," thinking he is a carny (referring back to a quip from the first film). Mini-Me is appropriately confused by the remark.
- When Mini-Me becomes Austin's sidekick, he begins to dress like him. The reason for this is unknown, although it may be as a way to rid himself of Dr. Evil's appearance. However, he eventually stops dressing like this as shown at the end of the third film.
- A memorable gag had him passing a series of notes to Foxxy Cleopatra, first stating she was so beautiful, she must be the clone of an angel. When she smilingly disagreed, the second note asked if she was sure she did not have a little clone in her. The third asked if she would like to. As seen by Nigel's reaction to Mini-Me's genitals ("My word! You're a tripod!" and "If you ever get tired, you can use it as a kickstand"), he seems to have a large penis, which may or may not also fall under the "1 / 8" rule. He uses this as an advantage at the end of Goldmember when he gets Britney Spears' cellphone number.
- In Austin Powers 4, Mini-Me was originally going to return and reveal an ability to speak. However, this failed to happen due to Verne Troyer's death. It is currently unknown how this will affect the fourth film, though it will be dedicated in his memory.