Misha Necron (in Japanese: ミーシャ・ネクロン, Mīsha Nekuron) is the deuteragonist/main heroine of the 2018 Japanese fantasy light novel series The Misfit of Demon King Academy, as well as its manga & anime television series adaptations of the same name.
Sasha Necron was born fifteen years prior to the events of the story to members of the powerful Necron family. Upon her birth, her ancestor Ivis Necron split her body and soul into two parts. This second Sasha, known as Misha Necron, was intended to serve as a vessel for the Demon King of Tyranny to possess when the girl reached fifteen years of age, and as such would disappear on her fifteenth birthday.
Because Misha was destined to only live for fifteen years, most people (including Sasha) avoided getting close to her. Days before her fifteenth birthday, Misha enrolled at the Demon King Academy with her sister where she met Anos Voldigoad. Voldigoad was the first person to treat Misha with kindness and friendliness despite her ultimate fate. With the help of Anos, Misha and Sasha were able to reconcile and fuse with their own sources, saving Misha from disappearing.
She is voiced by Tomori Kusunoki in the Japanese version who also voiced Setsuna Yuki in Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club. and by Brianna Knickerbocker in the English version. Kusunoki who also voiced Karen Kohiruimaki in Sword Art Online Alternative Gun Gale Online. Knickerbocker's other heroic roles include Rem in Re:Zero - Starting Life in Another World, Kanao Tsuyuri in Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba, Filo in The Rising of the Shield Hero, and Wiz in KonoSuba: God's Blessing on this Wonderful World!.
Because of her origin as a source clone, Misha was ostracised and ignored her entire life. As a result of the neglect she faced, Misha was quiet and reserved, usually keeping her thoughts to herself and choosing not to socialize. She was also very obedient, preferring to meekly do as she was told. When she became friends with Anos Voldigoad, Misha felt blissfulness, as she had never met anyone who hadn't treated her differently because of her origin.
Powers & Abilities
Misha Necron was born into the Necron family, a lineage of powerful mages. During her induction at the Demon King Academy, Misha was revealed to have tremendous amounts of magical power. in the Magical Power Assessment Test, Misha's magical power was measured and deemed to be one-thousand times greater than the average student's. After gaining a complete source thanks to the efforts of Anos Voldigoad, Misha's already considerable power increased exponentially. Voldigoad was the under the impression that Misha and her sister were more powerful than any modern demon. Through the use of magical spells, Misha was capable of supernaturally manipulating reality in certain ways to aid herself and hinder her opponents.
- Contract Creation: A spell extremely common among demons like Misha was Zect. If two parties were capable of using the spell, they could use Zect to ensure that a promise between them was kept. If one of the participants in the contract broke the conditions they agreed upon, they would instantly die.
- Extrasensory Perception: Misha, like her twin sister, was born with special Demonic Eyes. With her special eyes, Misha could sense the flow of magical energy in her surroundings, visualise the blood inside other people, and see things that were far away as though they were up close. Overall, those with Demonic Eyes had a better perception of magic. Unlike her sister, Misha's eyes didn't have the aspect of destruction.
- Flight: Using the magical spell Fless, Misha could defy her own connection to gravity, allowing her to float. Furthermore, she could move her body in whichever direction she wanted to, essentially granting her the ability to fly. Fless was a fairly common spell in the modern demon era.
- Longevity: As a pure-blooded demon, Misha was afforded with longevity. Putting it briefly, a demon's expected life span was far greater than that of a humans, as some demons were known to live naturally for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.
- Matter Materialisation: Ibis was a magical spell, which, when used, allowed Misha to materialize inorganic matter out of thin air. She could conjure various objects of varying size and strength, whether it be a model of a person or an impressive castle. Despite the enormity of the castles she conjured, Misha never displayed any form of fatigue using creation magic. As the reincarnation of the Goddess of Creation, Necron exhibited tremendous potential in the field of creation magic. The Demon King of Tyranny himself firmly believed that, with cultivation, Misha could surpass even him in the field of creation magic.
- Reincarnation: The magical spell Silica was a fairly common capability amongst demons two-thousand years ago. It was a type of root magic, meaning it involved the manipulation of a person's soul. In this case, Silica was a spell that the user could cast on oneself to ensure that they would, upon death, be reborn aeons later and inherit all of their previous memories and abilities. If the caster wasn't particularly proficient in the spell's use, then the transference of the abilities and memories could potentially be incomplete. Militia, Misha's previous life, presumably used this power to reincarnate as Misha.
- Teleportation: Through the use of the magical spell Gatom, Misha was able to dematerialize and rematerlize at a completely different point in space, essentially acting like teleportation. The action was practically instantaneous, and the spell had no known range limitations. The user could also teleport others alongside them if they made physical contact with the subject. Until the return of Anos, any knowledge of Gatom had been completely lost to history. Misha was the first and only known modern demon to use the spell.