Nejire Hado, also known by her hero name Nejire Chan, is a student in Class 3-A at U.A. High School and is part of The Big 3.
She is voiced by Kiyono Yasuno in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Lindsay Seidel in the English version of the anime.
Nejire is a teenage girl of average height with a fair complexion and feminine build. She has long, Periwinkle hair that reaches her knees as well as a pair of Blue eyes. She is, more often than not, seen wearing a wide smile on her face.
Nejire is a carefree, talkative and cheerful girl, often expressing a child-like curiosity in other people, asking questions about them before her focus switches to somebody else. Nejire is regarded as a "free spirit", always eager to learn new things and is unafraid to express her feelings or speak her mind. Her overly enthusiastic nature can range from her being perceived as air-headed to even somewhat grating at times. Regardless, she remains friendly and encouraging towards almost everyone around her.
Despite this, Nejire does prove to be a fierce fighter in battle, taking heroism very seriously, especially as a member of The Big 3. Against villains, she is determined in defeating them while never losing focus. Her heart, willpower and determination allowed her to become one of U.A. High's strongest students.
Nejire is among the most powerful students in U.A. High School, proven by her membership in The Big 3. The Big 3 consist of Mirio Togata, Tamaki Amajiki, and herself, collectively wielding Permeation, Manifest, and Nejire's quirk, Wave Motion. Her prowess and control over her versatile quirk gives her ability that rivals and surpasses some pro heroes. Part of her mobility is due to her enhanced stamina, since her quirk uses quite a lot of it. The powers of her quirk, Wave Motion, give her various superpowers, including:
- Shockwave Manipulation: The main power of Wave Motion is generating and utilizing shockwaves for combat. They travel in sprials, so they aren't that fast. However, they are exceptionally powerful blasts capable of subduing villains with Gigantification quirks, using her stamina as the source of its strength. She's had to train to enhance her stamina to make this quirk more effective. It appears she is able to release the energy from her hands and feet to various intensity.
- Flight: While not the intended purpose of this quirk, she is able to lightly release the energy from her feet to fly.
- Gring Wave: Nejire releases a large blast of powerful shockwaves from her two hands, normally while flying. It has shown itself to have great offensive capability, simultaneously subduing two gigantified villains. In the English dub, this is called Nejire Wave.
- Nejire Flood: She recently showed herself capable of launching an even more powerful wave.
- Enhanced Stamina: Nejire possesses a large amount of stamina, paramount for her to wield her strong quirk.
- Enhanced Beauty: Nejire is implied to be very attractive, enough so to compete in U.A.'s beauty pageant. In fact, she actually won the beauty pageant in the U.A. School Festival arc, defeating her narcissistic nemesis Bibimi Kenranzaki, who beat her the previous two years at U.A. However, Nejire being as happy as she is, feels no ill feelings towards her.
- Her Japanese voice actress, Kiyono Yasuno, who also voiced Elena Amamiya in Star☆Twinkle Pretty Cure, Sakura Kitaōji in Aikatsu! series, and Renner Theiere Chardelon Ryle Vaiself in Overlord.
- Her English voice actress, Lindsey Seidel, who also voiced Celestia Ludenberg in Danganronpa: Trigger Happy Havoc, Gabi Braun in Attack on Titan, Eto Yoshimura in Tokyo Ghoul, Boa Sandersonia in One Piece, Akiha Tohno in Robotics;Notes, Sorano and Romeo Conbolt in Fairy Tail, Nagisa Shiota in Assassination Classroom, Naru Arata in Eureka Seven: AO, Meme Tatane in Soul Eater NOT!, Tama Sakai in D-Frag!, Haruitsuki Abeno (child) in The Morose Mononokean, Kyoko in Is This A Zombie?, Hecate in Shakugan no Shana, Chinatsu in Jormungand, and Reisuke Houjou in Future Diary.
U.A. High School