|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Nezuko Kamado contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Humans are to be protected and saved. Never hurt them. I will never hurt them.||„|
|~ Nezuko resolving herself when confronted by Sanemi Shinazugawa.|
|“||I know you can do it big brother.||„|
|~ Nezuko spurring Tanjiro on.|
Nezuko Kamado (竈門 禰豆子) is a deuteragonist and the main female protagonist of the 2016-2020 fantasy horror manga (and anime) series Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba and its stage adaption. Nezuko will appear as a major character in the 2020 anime movie Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba the Movie: Mugen Train which will adapt the Mugen Train arc of the manga. She also appeared as the deuteragonist in the live action 2020 stage play adaption Kimetsu no Yaiba: The Stage.
She is voiced by Akari Kito in Japanese, and Abby Trott in English.
- Akari Kitō - Japanese
- Abby Trott - English
- Asari Takaishi - 2020 Stage Adaptation
Nezuko was originally an ordinary girl born into a poor yet happy family.
The secondborn of the six Kamado siblings, Nezuko maintained a strong bond with her mother and siblings.
The only survivors of the massacre were Nezuko and her older brother Tanjiro who had been away at the time. Nezuko was only able to survive because Kibutsuji had transformed her into a demon. Unfortunately this meant Nezuko had a strong craving for human blood and initially attacked Tanjiro.
However after a Demon Slayer by the name of Giyu Tomioka arrived on the scene Nezuko was able to hold back her urge to devour and defend her brother after Tanjiro had tried to protect her from the Slayer. As a result of this, Tomioka spared the Kamado siblings and instructed Tanjiro to train under his former master to become a Demon Slayer himself. Although approved by the lord of Demon Slayer Corps. of continued existence, Should a day come when Nezuko ever take a life of human, then Tanjiro, Giyu and Sakonji (who guaranteed Nezuko's non-aggression) must kill Nezuko and take their own lives by committing seppuku as a restitution for her transgression. Luckily that day never came.
Miraculously, Nezuko never devoured a human and went on to accompany her brother on his quest to find a cure for her and slay Muzan Kibutsuji. Because Nezuko was injected very large amount of Muzan Kibutsuji's Demon blood, she is extraordinarily powerful for a fledging Demon.
As a human, Nezuko was a kind and caring girl, who thought of others before herself much like her older brother, Tanjiro, and was a responsible older sister to her younger siblings. Nezuko is, however, not afraid to get in harm's way, protecting her friends from Demons even after being returned to a human state.
As a Demon, however, Nezuko seems to have forgotten a good portion of her memories as a human, besides those related to her family, and thus doesn't retain the exact personality she had before transformation. She is still very caring and protective towards humans who she sees as members of her family, although this is mainly due to the influence Sakonji Urokodaki had on her while she was asleep for two years. Nezuko also retains some of her human emotions, as she has been seen to cry when sad and smile when happy, but in general she appears more detached than her human cohorts, although she is still much calmer and less malicious than most Demons.
Since becoming a Demon, Nezuko appears to have become also rather brazen, and does not seem to fear fighting; she fiercely guards her brother as well as her allies. She has also developed a strong willpower, which can be seen through her refusal to consume human flesh or blood, even in cases of extreme injury or exposure to human blood, which can be seen when she refuses Sanemi Shinazugawa after he attempts to lure her into biting him with his Marechi blood. Her strong willpower remains even when she is no longer a Demon, shown when she willingly leaps in front of Inosuke to protect him from her own brother, who had become a Demon and was attempting to kill those around him. Though she could have been killed, Nezuko did not hesitate.
On the rare occasion that Nezuko attempts speech, she has been seen to stutter a lot, which may be due to her bamboo mouthpiece, which is seldom removed, and the fact that she didn't speak for a number of years after her transformation. However, after developing resistance towards sunlight, which allows her to go outside and interact with others more often, her speech has shown signs of improvement and she is able to fully pronounce words if someone else has just spoken them or hears them repeated frequently enough.
- In the 21st century, Nezuko's great-granddaughter, Touko Agatsuma, bears unmistakable resemblance to Nezuko herself, indicating that Nezuko and Zenitsu Agatsuma eventually married and had children (probably also a son, so that the surname Agatsuma has passed in several generations). This was confirmed in the bonus tankoubon chapter 205.5 in which the pair did in fact marry.
- In present time, Nezuko and Zenitsu's descendants live in the big mansion while descendants of her brother live in an apartment. Readers speculate that Agatsuma family became wealthy. Whether Agatsuma family became rich while Zenitsu and Nezuko were still alive is unknown.
- Her Japanese voice actor, Akari Kitō, also voiced Kanata Konoe in Love Live! Nijigasaki High School Idol Club, Nene Yashiro in Jibaku Shounen Hanako-kun, Noa Himesaka in WATATEN!: An Angel Flew Down to Me, and Barbara Pegg in Genshin Impact. To portray demonized Nezuko as realistically as possible, Akari performed while placing her fingers on her mouth.
- Interestingly, Akari's surname Kitō(鬼頭), means "demon head".
- Her English voice actor, Abby Trott, also voiced Windblade in Transformers: Prime Wars Trilogy series, and Kim Wu in Killer Instinct 2. To portray demonized Nezuko as realistically as possible, Abby performed while placing a gag on her mouth.