|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Nick Birch contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Big Dick Boy, destroyin' property, big prostate, peein' all night, a little concerned.||„|
|~ Nick Birch in Super Mouth|
Nicholas "Nick" Arsenio Birch is one of the protagonists and main stars of the Netflix animated series Big Mouth. A prepubescent boy living in the suburbs of New York City. He is the youngest among his friends, and has been the one to fall for multiple girls in the series so far.
Nick Birch was born in 2005, to Diane and Elliot Birch, as the family's third born child after the oldest brother, Judd, and sole sister, Leah. Nick's parents raised him to have a kind, loving, and caring childhood using their overemotional and overly protective parenting skills. Nick's childhood was a luxury that was not given to his two older siblings, who underwent poor and mildly abusive childhoods, as their parents were still untrained in the field of parenting at the time they were being raised. Nick and his family lived in a suburban house in Bridgeton, Westchester, New York.
In a flashback from "The Planned Parenthood Show", Nick was seen in his diaper telling jokes into a microphone that his parents got him as a gift, as they looked on in happiness, with both of them smiling and holding hands with each other.
At the start of the series, Nick Birch appears as a 12-year-old boy, going to Bridgeton Middle School. His best friends are Andrew Glouberman, Jessi Glaser, and Jay Bilzerian. Nick had not yet hit puberty at the start of the show, while his best friend, Andrew, however, has already ventured far down the hormonal road of change.
In "Ejaculation", Nick and Andrew had a sleepover and Nick accidentally got an eyeful of Andrew's penis. On top of being shocked and disturbed, Nick mostly felt inferior due to Andrew's penis being significantly larger and hairier than his. Later, Nick's parents explained to Nick that Andrew was going through puberty Elliot assured Nick that he was a late bloomer, much like himself when he was his age and that there was nothing to be ashamed about. However, this is exactly how Nick felt.
Nick asked out an attractive 8th-grade girl named Olivia to the school dance and although she initially accepted his request, she later dumped him at the dance, having already hooked up with a 9th-grade boy named Dylan. Heartbroken, Nick sat outside in the hallway and Jessi came by to comfort him. Nick leaned in for a kiss and Jessi went along with it.
At the end of the episode, Nick saw Maurice enter his room, during Andrew's sleepover and had the ability to communicate with him, signifying that puberty for him had officially started.
In "Everybody Bleeds", word got out about Nick and Jessi's kiss at the school dance and they were pressured into becoming a couple, despite the fact that deep down, neither of them wanted to be anything more than friends.
In "Am I Gay?", Jessi dumped Nick, which he was perfectly fine with. However, Nick went around the school, telling everybody that it was he who dumped her, which pissed her off. In the same episode, Andrew was questioning his sexuality and started to wonder if he was gay. Nick kissed him on the lips, which made him realize he wasn't actually gay.
In the future, Nick will change his name to "Nick Starr" and become famous as the host of a game show called Countdown to Money with Nick Starr. When he becomes famous, he's going to cut off all contact with his friends and family and live alone in a big mansion, with his only companion being a robotic version of his former friend, called the Andrew 3000.
The episode "Nick Starr" gives an in-depth exploration of Nick's future, in the year 2052.
- Andrew Glouberman - Nick's best friend. It's shown they do most things together. Andrew often stays at Nick's house and is considered part of the family. Although he got jealous of him one time, he considered Andrew to be kind of embarrassing when he brought a "Jazz hat" to the city with him while looking for his old camp crush, Roland.
- Jessi Glaser - Nick's other best friend Jessi, often hangs out with Nick, Andrew and Jay. They were in a forced relationship at one point, but decided it was better for them to be friends, since then they didn't hate each other. Jessi turned to Nick in a time of need by asking to go to his house when her parents argued at her house.
- Jay Bilzerian - Nick's other best friend Jay. Jay has cameras hidden in Nick's house to watch how perfect his life is. Nick finds this disturbing but Jay does nothing about telling him where the cameras are or uninstalling them.
- Ghost of Duke Ellington - Duke Ellington, the famous African-american music composer of the 20's and 30's died in Nick's home. His soul remained as a ghost and now eternally lives in the house. Nick often goes to Ellington when he needs advice about something.
- Gina Alvarez - Gina Alvarez is the new character appeared on Season 2 when she was sassy when she went in for a sleepover when Devin was manipulating with her.
Promo & Others
A Series of Unfortunate Events
F is for Family
Go, Dog, Go!
Kipo and the Age of the Wonderbeasts
Orange is the New Black
The Umbrella Academy