|“||Huh, I'm just too damn good at this.||„|
|~ Nightwing to Batman while tracking Penguin's cache|
Nightwing (Dick Grayson) was raised by his parents (better known as the "Flying Graysons") in a circus, Dick Grayson was trained to be incredibly acrobatic. He is voiced by Josh Keaton and Scott Porter.
- 1 History
- 1.1 Before Arkham Origins Incident
- 1.2 After Arkham Origins Incident
- 1.3 Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum Incidents
- 1.4 Between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City Incidents
- 1.5 Arkham City Incident
- 1.6 Before Arkham Knight Incident
- 1.7 Arkham Knight Incident
- 1.8 GCPD Lockdown Incident
- 1.9 Attributes
- 2 Gallery
Before Arkham Origins Incident
Dick Grayson was part of a circus act alongside his mother and father, and they were known as the Flying Graysons.
After Arkham Origins Incident
After the Christmas Eve Incident, Dick's parents were killed by mob boss, Tony Zucco. Bruce felt sympathy for the boy, and after he remembered his own tragedy, he adopted Dick. Dick eventually discovered Bruce's secret identity as Batman. Wanting to help his friend and father-figure, Dick developed the identity of Robin: The Boy Wonder. Together, the Dynamic Duo took down both criminals and super villains.
Between Arkham Origins and Arkham Asylum Incidents
After a long career as Robin, Dick eventually decided to fight crime alone, became Nightwing, and patrolled Blüdhaven. Two young boys took his place. The first was Jason Todd, who was assumed to have died at the hands of the Joker. The second was Tim Drake, an intelligent boy who had managed to deduce both his and Batman's identities and took up the mantle of Robin. The two formed a brotherly bond.
Between Arkham Asylum and Arkham City Incidents
Nightwing helped Batman investigate the mysterious Abramovici Twins, whom he heard stories about during his childhood as an acrobat. Alongside Batman, Nightwing concluded that Thomas Elliot had performed their separation.
Arkham City Incident
Nightwing remained in Wayne Manor during the events of Arkham City, and guarded the manor from armed intruders. During Protocol 10, Hugo Strange sent a number of TYGER Guards to Wayne Manor to kill Batman's allies and uncover more of his secrets. However, Dick was training in the Batcave, and was able to fend off the TYGER Guards until the GCPD arrived.
Before Arkham Knight Incident
Nightwing managed to capture Poison Ivy, and made sure that she was imprisoned in Blüdhaven until her transportation to a secure cell in Gotham City could be safely arranged. When Harley Quinn raided the Blüdhaven police department to free Ivy, and easily massacred the police officers, Nightwing showed up to stop her. Displaying a surprising dexterity in combat, Harley was able to hold her own against Nightwing until she managed to break Ivy free. Poison Ivy used her plants to subdue Nightwing, and both she and Harley escaped.
Arkham Knight Incident
After he tracked a weapons smuggling operation for several weeks, Nightwing was able to deduce that The Penguin was the boss, and he returned to Gotham to bring him to justice. Nightwing met with Batman, delivered the Disruptor designed by Lucius Fox, and assisted him in taking down Penguin's new business. While attacking one of Penguin's warehouses, Batman was quickly overwhelmed before Nightwing's intervention. The dynamic duo spent the rest of the evening tracking down Penguin's warehouses and destroying the weapons held within.
After several hours, Nightwing alerted Batman to an airship that crashed just off the Miagani Island Bridge. Further investigation revealed it to be the Iron Heights Penitentiary. Nightwing traveled through the prison alone, and deduced from the wreckage that Killer Croc must have been the cause of the crash at the same time as Batman. The two worked together to apprehend some escaped inmates. They learned from Prison Officer Blackburn that Croc had kidnapped Warden Ranken and taken him to the maximum security area of the ship. before splitting up once again, with Dick helping the surviving guards escape and Batman going to find the key cards to access the maximum security area.
Upon Batman's return, the two worked used the key cards and activated the door. After getting past the security door, the Dynamic Duo found video footage of Ranken experimenting on Croc and the other inmates in order to weaponize Jones's regenerative healing abilities. They then intervened as Croc was about to inflict retribution on Ranken. They defeated the prisoners and ultimately managed to defeat Croc. Nightwing helped Batman deliver Croc, Ranken, and the prisoners to the GCPD Lockup.
Later, Nightwing attempted to finish the hunt for Penguin alone, but was quickly subdued. Batman arrived and attempted a rescue, which prompted Cobblepot to hold Nightwing at gunpoint. During this time, Nightwing also briefly alluded to his past as a member of the Flying Graysons to Penguin, who doesn't know who they were. Batman and Nightwing worked together to knock Penguin out, before Batman issued his final goodbye, and told Nightwing that he was proud of him. Nightwing reacted very negatively to the implication that Batman wouldn't make it, but ultimately promised him to keep Blüdhaven safe once he was gone.
GCPD Lockdown Incident
3 months after The Knightfall Protocol, Nightwing lived up to his promise, and did his best to keep Blüdhaven safe. After Penguin's final base was destroyed, one of Cobblepot's henchmen revealed that there was an escape attempt at the GCPD that was going on right at that moment. Nightwing arrived, and, working with remote assistance from Lucius Fox, was able to shut down the attempt, and insulted and antagonized Cobblepot as much as possible in the process. After returning the Penguin to his cell, Nightwing made it clear to an appreciative Aaron Cash that he planned on sticking with Blüdhaven, and left Gotham in the hands of Robin and Red Hood.
- Peak Human Condition: Through a rigorous training regimen and strict diet, Dick achieved top physical condition with all his physical capabilities are near-superhuman.
- Peak Human Strength: Dick is exceptionally strong, he can easily overpower most thugs even enemies bigger than him. Like Batman, Dick can perform practically superhuman feats of strength such as lift a full-grown man over his head with one hand, throw them several meters, and rip metal structures barehanded in his environment to use as improvised weapon, and kick down steel doors. Dick can strike with enough force to overwhelm Killer Croc, bypassing the superhuman density of his mutated skin.
- Peak Human Speed: Dick possesses tremendous speed, he uses his astounding agility and immense acrobatic prowess to gain a superior advantage over his enemies, his fighting style is more reliant on speed rather than raw strength. He is much faster than anyone in the Bat-family.
- Peak Human Reflexes: He possesses enough skill to detect a Sniper and evade bullets at point blank range. His reflexes are much more advanced than Batman, and are near-superhuman.
- Peak Human Agility: Dick was extensively trained in acrobatics since childhood, developing an incredibly high agility even before he became Robin, from his intense training as the first Robin, his dexterity, flexibility, and balance have been trained to utmost perfection, granting him extraordinary agility greater than the finest Olympic level gymnasts and is superior to even Batman. He is one of the 3 people able to do a quadruple backflip. He can easily incorporate high level gymnastic and acrobatics maneuvers into his fighting style.
- Peak Human Durability: Dick’s muscle and bones are much tougher/denser than a normal human. His durability enabled him to suffer beatings to the face from Penguin’s thugs for a very extended period amount of time before Batman rescued him, and Nightwing’s face was barely damaged even still joking about it. He can also fall from heights that would surprise even Meta-humans.
- Peak Human Stamina: Dick's highly trained and developed body generates far less fatigue toxins than the musculature of most other humans, granting him near-superhuman stamina and lung capacity. Nightwing is trained to exert himself at peak capacity in all physical activities for hours before fatigue started to build up. Also, he can hold his breath for minutes from training with Batman.
- Peak Human Healing: Grayson’s natural healing abilities can heal broken bones, torn muscles, several gunshot & knife wounds and other severe injuries all within of several days to weeks and most lesser injuries like cuts, scrapes, and burns within hours to days.
- Peak Human Senses: Dick has honed his senses to their utmost limits. His vision, hearing, smelling, feeling, and tasting are much better than a normal human; without any superhuman degree.
- Master Acrobat: One of the world's greatest acrobats, Dick represents the pinnacle of human gymnastic and acrobatic perfection, he can easily incorporate high level gymnastic and acrobatics maneuvers into his fighting style.
- Master Martial Artist: Extensively trained by Bruce in all his knowledge and understanding of martial arts and fighting techniques, Dick is an incredibly proficient martial artist, he was also able to adapt his acrobatic skills into fighting. His form of combat is a mixture of Aikido, Escrima, Stick Fighting, Kung Fu, Capoeira, Muay Thai, Ninjutsu and Boxing; though he is proficient in other styles as well. These combat skills makes him an immensely versatile fighter making up his lack of immense raw strength with unmatched agility making him as formidable as the Dark Knight.
- Tactical Analysis: Being trained by Batman, Nightwing is an extremely clever and insightful man, skillfully employed deception and tactics to defeat his enemies in the most effective ways possible.
- Expert Marksman: Grayson is skilled in throwing modified Shuriken (Wing-Dings) to hit thugs at a great distance with his eyes closed, despite occasionally giving them head-starts and even disarm others with his wingdings. He almost never misses.
- Master of Stealth, Infiltration, Escape Artistry, Sabotage and Espionage: He is capable of breaching high security facilities without being detected. He can even sneak up on Batman himself on occasion. He is also highly skilled in espionage, stealth, escape arts, infiltration, and sabotage. Even as Robin, Dick was exceptionally skilled in stealth.
- Genius Level Intellect: He has vast knowledge of different fields. He often shows this when in use with his Detective skills. He was intelligent enough to build his own "Nightcar", build and program a Tech Glider, and mentioned he can fool a polygraph. Like Batman he has perfect recall, accelerated learning aptitude, eidetic memory, and photographic memory.
- Weapon Master: He displayed extremely high-level skill using Escrima sticks, batons, and shuriken.
- Expert Hacker Nightwing is able to hack into almost any computer and learn what he needs from its database.
- Intimidation Batman has trained him in ways of interrogation and intimidation to become the first Robin. And due to this Dick is very skilled in scaring criminals to give up information.