|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Nightwing (Titans) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|~ Dick drops an F-Bomb to Batman|
|“||After I left, when I moved to Detroit, part of me was still back here... still trying to make sense about what happened to me, as a kid. I struggled. There was this darkness inside of me, and I didn't know what to do with it. It hurt me. And I hurt others. The whole time, I thought it was because of the way you raised me, the way you weaponized my childhood.||„|
|~ Dick Grayson to Bruce Wayne.|
|“||You're on your own. No one can help you. Not really. I was just like you once. I thought if I leaned on someone, if I trusted them, all the pain would go away. I was wrong. And anyone that tells you any differently is lying. The loss is here for good now. There's no getting over it. But you can control it. You can channel it. No one else can do that for you. Just you.||„|
|~ Robin to Rachel.|
Nightwing (real name Richard "Dick" Grayson) (formerly known as Robin) is Batman's crime-fighting partner and one of the titular protagonists of the original live-action series of the DC Universe Titans, serving as the deuteragonist of season one and the main protagonist of season two.
He was portrayed by Brenton Thwaites, who also portrayed Prince Phillip in Maleficent, Jonas in The Giver, Bek in Gods of Egypt, and Henry Turner in Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales, as Tomaso Sanelli portrays him as a young kid.
Dick was born to John and Mary Grayson; a pair of trapeze artists in Haly's Circus, known by their stage name The Flying Graysons. John and Mary fell to their deaths when Dick was eight, leaving him orphaned. He didn't know it at the time, but a criminal named Tony Zucco was responsible for their deaths. Dick, now an orphan, was adopted by billionaire playboy Bruce Wayne.
Boiling with grief and resentment, Dick made several attempts to run away, stealing Bruce's car to search for clues about his parents' deaths. Bruce, sensing Dick's turmoil, revealed himself as Batman - the cowled scourge of Gotham's underworld - and offered Dick a position as his sidekick, Robin.
During this time, Dick befriended Hawk and Dove, forming a strong friendship despite Bruce finding their methods excessive. Dick pursued a relationship with Dove, but it ended in both resentment and jealousy. Dick also befriended Donna Troy, and bonded over being the sidekicks of the Justice League members, and she inspired him to be better.
In 2016, Robin learned that Zucco was his parents' killer, and the Boy Wonder had him arrested. Despite this, Zucco was released on account of providing the police valuable intelligence on the Maroni Crime Family. Angered, Robin ambushed Zucco and beat him repeatedly, and the criminal was fatally shot by an armed Maroni as Dick watched. Afterward, Dick became disillusioned with his partnership with Batman, feeling that his mentor's methods were too much. Fearing that he could become corrupted by violence, he left Gotham and went to Detroit in 2017, and became a detective at the Detroit Police Department.
Powers and Abilities
- Leadership: Dick is capable leader and mentor, and has lead his allies into battle despite their lack of training.
- Indomitable Will: Dick has shown himself to have great determination, willpower and high pain tolernace, as he was able to resist the double dose of drugs that were injected into him at Agnews Asylum, and remove a tracking device from his arm.
- Detective skills: Due to his training from Batman and the Detroit Police Department, he is a skilled detective, and has shown good investigate and deductive skills. He is able to tell that Nuclear Mom and Nuclear Dad were brainwashed, and where Batman threw the Joker.
- Peak Human Condition: Having received training from Batman, Dick is at his peak with his physical condition, and displays peak human strength, speed, agility, stamina, reflexes and endurance.
- Master Acrobat: Even as a child, Dick was trained trapeze artist and acrobat, and uses this skill in combat. He is a capable free runner and parkour, being able to scale buildings for travel, and is capable of doing flips to dodge attacks.
- Master Martial Artist: Dick is a master combatant and martial artist, having received training from Batman, and later training from the police department. He is capable of holding his own against criminals, Nuclear Mom and Nuclear Dad, asylum security guards, and fight the well trained combatant Slade Wilson. Dick is also skilled and proficient with other weapons, such as swords, sticks, and knives. His fighting style includes elements from Taekwondo, Capoeira, Eskrima, Krav Maga, Muay Thai, Wushu, Wing Chun Kung Fu, Judo, Savate and Jeet Kune Do.
- Marksmanship: Dick is a skilled marksman, being both skilled with firearms and melee weaponry (e.g. shuriekn's).
|“||Families can be f***ed up. I mean, look around. We've all spent our lives recovering from the damage done by our families. Donna knew something I didn't. If you throw enough strays together, you get the best kind of family. One bound not by DNA... but by a collective sense of duty and devotion to another. And when you lose someone you love... you need this. What we have right here.||„|
|~ Dick to his teammates.|
- He dislikes pineapples, but possibly just on pizza.
- According to Donna Troy, he is attracted to dangerous women, with Dawn Granger being an exception.