|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Niko Bellic contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||It was before that, two things. You remember, during the war, we did some bad things and bad things happened to us. War is where the young and stupid are tricked by the old and bitter into killing each other. I was very young, and very angry. Maybe that is no excuse.||„|
|~ Niko Bellic|
|“||Life is complicated. I killed people. Smuggled people. Sold people. Perhaps here...things will be different.||„|
|~ Niko Bellic.|
Niko Bellic (in Serbian: Нико Белић) (born June 25, 1978) is a main character from the Grand Theft Auto's franchise, appearing as the main protagonist of Grand Theft Auto IV, a supporting character in its extensions The Lost and Damned and The Ballad of Gay Tony and one of the three main protagonists (alongside Johnny Klebitz and Luis Lopez) of GTA IV: The Complte Edition, and is mentioned by both Lester Crest and Packie in GTA V.
Althought having committed many villainous deeds, Niko is shown to be very protective and nice towards his family and friends, and is one of the most kind GTA's protagonist. Aside his "jobs", he displays a nicer behavior, helping poor NPC's for instance.
- 1 Youth in Serbia
- 2 Events of Grand Theft Auto IV
- 3 Appareance
- 4 Personality
- 5 Abilities
- 6 Heroic deeds
- 7 Relationships
- 8 Reception
- 9 Trivia
- 10 Similar heroes
- 11 Gallery
- 12 External links
- 13 Navigation
Youth in Serbia
Niko Bellic is born in Yougoslavia in June 25, 1978, now Serbia. He had a very difficult childhood; it is implied that his father was an alcoholic and abusive father. His mother was unhappy that her son grew up in this hellish place, but was unable to protect Niko.
Once he reaches his teenage years, he was then forced to fight for the Serbians or at least one of many aligned Serbian paramilitary forces and militias. He served as a helicopter pilote, and several times has drive tanks. As a soldier, he witnessed many atrocities, either committed by enemies or his own faction. However, his squad was betrayed by Darko Brevic (for a thousand dollars - Brevic was suffering from severe addiction due to the war), and only him, Darko and Florian survived. After this event, the three split up, and Niko has sworn to find the traitor.
While Roman Bellic - his cousin - has already move to Liberty City and established a taxi company, Niko, unable to find a job in his devastated country, worked as a criminal for Ray Bulgarin, but eventually became Bulgarin's enemy. During this time, he was unable to find Florian nor Darko (the two have also moved to Liberty City).
Events of Grand Theft Auto IV
Following his cousin wishes, and looking for the betrayer, Niko took place into the Platypus and went into Liberty City as an illegal immigrant. In the boat he met and befriended Hossan and several passengers, who are all immigrants. Once arrived, Niko discovered that Roman not only lied about the "mansion", but also has a lot of debts. He saved Roman several times from Albanians loan sharks who wanted him death, eventually killing them.
Working for Mikhail Faustin
One day at Roman's depot, a man named Vlad Glebov was sitting here, flirting with Roman's gilfriend Mallorie Bardas. After leaving, Niko asked Mallorie who was he, and she revealed that he was a "collector of debts". Looking for money, Niko decided to work for Vlad, despite his arrogant and abusive behavior.
However, Vlad was secretly cheating with Mallorie. Once Niko learnt that, he went to the Comrade's Bar (where Vlad usually stand) and after a chase, killed him without mercy.
However, this awoke Faustin's anger, who Vlad was working for. Andrei, one of Faustin's henchman, successfully got Niko and Roman at the same time. After smuggling them to his basement and tying them, he asked Niko why he killed Vlad, and Niko responded that he was "an asshole". Mikhail agreed and brutally killed Andrei, and then proceed to wound Roman who was crying.
He freed the two and Dimitri Rascalov, who is Faustin's "friend", took care of Roman. Therefore, Niko accepted to do works for Faustin, and befriended Dimitri. In the meantime, he fell in love with Michelle, one of Roman's friend, and the two eventually formed a couple.
Killing Mikhail Faustin
However, Faustin was flipping out, and threatened to create a war between the two and Dimitri decided to betray his master and asked Niko to kill him. After a short chase, Niko killed Faustin, but before this, the latter warned him about Dimitri's treacherous and greedy nature.
In the same time, Niko met Roman's friend Jacobs Hughes alias "Little Jacob", who is one of the head of the jamaitian drug-dealing gang. The two became close friends and they together do several tasks, usually involving gunfights.
After killing Faustin, Dimitri told Niko to meet him around the back of an abandoned warehouse in East Hook to collect the payment for Faustin's assassination. Niko agreed but Little Jacob was suspicious about Rascalov's intentions, and the two went together, albeit Jacob hided behind a wall, observing the scene. Rascalov was here, but didn't paid Niko; instead, he brought back Niko's old nemesis, Ray Bulgarin. Niko tried to justify but Bulgarin and Rascalov instead were going to kill him, however thanks to Little Jacob Niko survived and a gunfight ensued in the warehouse, full of Rascalov's and Bulgarin's minions. After defeating their enemies, the duo fleed the LCPD and Niko thanked Jacob for his assistance.
Niko then worked for Brucie Kibbutz, who is also one of Roman's friend. Niko did several for Brucie, and also races for him. Mallorie then present Niko to Manny Escuala, a "vigilante" who want to get rid of the drugs, and the two did several missions, involving the elimination of drug-dealers and pimps. Once Niko has enough of Manny, Mallorie told him that he can find work to Elizabeta Torres, a female crime lord. His first task is to protect one of Torres' associate, Patrick McReary, during a drug-dealing. Niko successfully protect Packie during the meeting (which was ambushed) and the two became step by step friends.
One day, Mallorie phoned Niko, telling him that Roman was nowhere to be found. The two started to worring and eventually, Dimitri sent the pic of an tied Roman at Niko. Bursting out of rage, Niko swornd to "cut the face" of DImitri. He deduced the place where Roman was kidnapped, went here and killed every of Dimitri's goons (including Roman's kidnapper). However in the meantime, several Dimitri's henchmen have burned the depot, and Niko and Roman are forced to move to Alderney.
Working for the McReary
Then he began to work for the McReary family. He helped Francis McReary, corrupted Police Commissionner and self-proclaimed "vigilante" of the city, to get rid of several pimps, including Clarence Little, but also blackmailers who threat Francis to expose his corruption to the public. Niko killed the blackmailer and the advocate - Tom Goldberg - who intended to sue Francis in court. WIth the help of Niko, the family also rob the Liberty City's Bank, killing countless cops and NOOSE's agents in the process. He also befriended and fell in love with Packie's sister, Kate. He also met Trey Stuart, better known as "Playboy X", a drug-dealer and pimp who wasn't threaten by Francis. The two work together and notably clear several of the rival gang's assets, but then Playboy X asked Niko to get rid of his old "friend" and now current enemy Dwayne, while Dwayne ask the same. It is up for the player to make his choice.
It is revealed that Michelle is actually a federal agent who work for the government. She blackmailed Niko to work for an enigmatic contact of the United Liberty Paper - a IAA's branch - and do several tasks. Niko was forced to agree but him and the Contact eventually became associates.
Working for the Pegorino's
He also met Ray Boccino, a lieutenant from the Pegorino crime's family, which is one of the smallest gang of the city. Ray assigned Niko to oversee a deal between his family and the Jewish mafia, which is foiled by Luis Lopez. Niko survived but the diamonds are stolen by Johnny Klebitz. In retaliation, Ray ordered Niko to chase and take down Johnny friend's Jim. Then, Niko destroyed the remaining Jewish traffickers, but can spare their chiefs.
Eventually, Ray informs Niko that he may have found one of the potential betrayer: Florian Cravic. Niko immediately went to Cravic's appartment, only to found a terrified and harmless man whose name changed to Bernie Cranes. After a brief confrontation, Niko understood that Bernie wasn't the betrayer. However, he learnt that Bernie is constantly harassed by blackmailers who want to expose his relation with the highly homophobic (and hypocrital) deputy Bryce Dawkins. He protected him and his boyfriend from several attackers, every of them hired, once again, by Dimitri.
In the meantime, Jimmy Pegorino, don of the eponymous crime's family, became paranoid and ordered Niko to kill Anthony Corrado and Ray Boccino.
The contact present Niko to Jon Gravelli, a former crime lord in his hospital's bed who want to get rid of the Russians led by Dimitri and Bulgarin. In reward, the two promise to find the betrayer, Darko Brevic, and also to leave Niko alone. Niko agreed and destroy several Russian's assets.
Near the end of the game, Darko is dropped by IAA's agents. He appears to be a very dirty, poor and weakened man. He reveals to Niko that he sold the squad for a thousand dollars to buy drugs due to his addictions. Niko has then the choice to kill or spare him. This has no impact to the storyline, as Darko is nothing and eventually die no matter the choice made.
If the player choice to oversee the deal between the Pegorino's and Rascalov's families, he will take the money at a mafia warehouse. After betraying again, Dimitri leaves Niko to steal the money alongside Phil Bell. Both survive and several days later, Roman announced to his cousin that "tomorrow" is the day his wedding. The next day, Niko went to the wedding, but one of the guest is actually an assassin hired by Dimitri and Jimmy to get rid of Niko. Niko survived but instead, the assassin killed Roman.
Niko and Little Jacob then followed a group of mobsters who lead them to the place where hide Pegorino and Rascalov, henceforth hated by nearly the whole city. After killing a dozen of henchmen, Niko witnessed Pegorino being betrayed and killed mercilessly by Dimitri, who want the money for all himself, and try to flee the city. Niko, alongside Little Jacob chase him and his remaining minions for every deeds they done. Dimitri helicopter's is gunned down near the statue of Happiness; after a brief gunfight, Niko finally get rid of his nemesis.
If the player choice to break the deal between the Pegorino's and Rascalov's families, he will wipe out Dimitri and the rest of his gang who are located on the Platypus, destroying for good the nefarious gang. However, the deal being cut, Pegorino's family is definitly reduce to nothingness. Some day later, Roman announced to his cousin that "tomorrow" is his wedding. The next day, Niko went to the wedding, but Pegorino showed up in a car alongside his capos (lieutenants) and open fire, gunning down Kate.
Niko, Little Jacob and Roman then followed a group of mobsters who lead them to the place where hide Pegorino, henceforth hated by nearly the whole city. After killing a dozen of henchmen, Niko confronts Jimmy. The latter manages to escape from the boat at Happiness Island and run under the Statue of Happiness while Niko safely lands the burning helicopter and goes after Pegorino. After a gunfight, Jimmy is taken down by Niko who get his revenge.
After Grand Theft Auto IV
Niko's crimes, and notably the fact that he successfully robbed the Liberty City's Bank and wiped out two crime's family from his own, have left an imprint to the criminal underworld of Liberty City. He is even known by Lester at the time of the events of Grand Theft Auto V.
However, it seems that Niko gave up his criminal life and cut all of his previous ties, as Packie mentions it. Niko lives now a peaceful yet tormented by the past life, having faced all of his demons. Neverthless, he is still chased by the LCPD for every crimes he did.
Niko is a quite tall Caucasian male in his thirties. He has dark-brown hair, brown eyes and a tiny beard. He usually sport a stern, emotionless look.
His casual outfit is a brown jacket, dark-grey trousers and brown shoes. However, the player has access to several outfits as they progress, such as: a medical outfit (which Niko uses in order to kill Anthony Corrado), an expensive suit (which Niko uses during official events such as the Roman's wedding), an outfit from the Statue of Happiness or even Claude's outfit (from the hero of Grand Theft Auto III). He also can wear a balaclava (from the bank robbery).
At first, Niko appears to be a humble, but very cold assassin, who take most orders without the slightest redundancy. Most of times, he seems emotionless, only expressing anger whenever he faces his enemies. Despite his coldness behavior, he can be friendly and a loving individual (such as with Kate). He's incredibly protective towards his relatives, especially his cousin Roman, whom he saved his life more than one time during the storyline. He frequently enters in a terrible anger whenever his cousin or close friends are threaten by somebody (usually criminals), and once this happens, he becomes a reckless, determined and merciless killer. Unlike most GTA's protagonists Niko is not greedy by nature, and do not seek money.
Niko's biggest weakness is his inability to let go of the past - which causes him much aggression when the issue of finding his betrayers comes up; Niko is criticized by many of his friends and most notably Roman, for this weakness. However, Packie knew his feelings and often show compassion, as well as Kate. Additionally, one of his main traits is his cynicism and nihilism, which he acquired from the Yougoslavian's war. He dislikes politics and the greedy mannerisms of Roman (saying for instance "capitalism is a dirty business" after saving the latter from the Albanians), as well as the american society, which he finds hypocrite and extremely materialistic. However, he does not wish to return to Serbia due to the extreme state of disrepair of his home country.
Deep down, Niko is an insecure and confuse man who just seek affection from his relative and peace in his life, as he just want "Roman back" if the latter die after the Deal. Nevertheless, Niko can be very bloodthirsty as, like every GTA's protagonist he can kill dozens of people without the slightest remorse, but is definitely not a barbarian. However, he has absolutely any fear as he is willing to confront dozens of armed henchmen to save Roman or fighting highly trained NOOSE's agents to defend the crew during the robbery. In fact, he's very wrathful, and is willing to kill those he consider as betrayers, threats, arrogant dimwits (such as Vlad Glebov), or anyone who stand in his way, including "innocent" police officers; there is a few characters, however, that the player can spare but also kill as well, like Darko Brevic. He doesn't like to liar, but is sometimes willing to keep the truth for himself, even if such attitude unfortunately lead to hypocrisy, which he ironically finds repulsive.
Like many in-game's characters he has sociopathic tendencies as he does not show remorse for the people he smuggled, sold or killed at the end of the storyline (and during free roam), but is genuinely sorry for Packie if his sister is killed during the wedding. He's also far less psychotic than Claude Speed or Trevor Philips.
Interestingly, Niko almost always refuses alcohol when it is offered to him (he asks for water in the mission Ivan The Not So Terrible) except for the mission The Holland Play where Playboy X pours him a glass. Niko goes to drink it, but changes his mind and puts the glass on a table. There is a scene where Niko does drink a glass of vodka (on the rocks) in the mission One Last Thing, while talking to Jimmy Pegorino, but this is understandable considering what he had just been through.
At the end of the game he definitely left his criminal's lifestyle, and now just officially work as the manager of the Bellic's Cab company (co-manager if Roman is alive). Despite this, some of his internal wounds have not healed and some of his deeds and atrocities that he witnesses continues to haunt him, even if he successfully got away from his troubled past.
As a former soldier of the Serbian Army, Niko is a highly trained and experienced criminal with years of military service. He was trained as a infantryman and helicopter pilot during the Yugoslavia Wars as a child soldier. Niko skills includes marksmanship, evasive driving and piloting, hand-to-hand combat to explosives.
- Peak Human Condition: Niko is a man who keeps himself in a great shape and maintains a strict level of training. His strength, speed, reflexes, agility, durability, and stamina are in top conditioning, for a man of his age.
- Survival skills: his military training allow him to survive in the most hostile environment, including urban areas, which is very useful in the concreted Liberty City and its large buildings.
- Nigh-infinite stamina: Niko is one of the few characters, alongside Luis Fernando Lopez and Johnny Klebitz, who can indefinitely run, no matter what weapon he's carrying. This allow him to outrun most of enemies as well as most cops who are in bad physical condition. Niko can also swim for several in-game hours (i.e. several real-life minutes), although he'll drown if he swims for too long.
- Speed: although not the fastest character from the Grand Theft Auto's franchise, he's still faster than most of characters (including Johnny Klebitz).
- Durability: he has a high level of tolerance for pain and therefore can sustain several shots before dying.
- Exceptional Strength: although not the strongest character from the Grand Theft Auto's franchise, Niko has a significant amount of strength, superior to most of characters.
- Master Martial Artist : Niko is a incredible fighter and martial artist able to take on grown and strong men. His signature fighting style is Krav Maga with he uses to deliver fast counterattacks and reflexive self defense. He can engage armed and unarmed people and come out as the victor and is skilled with melee weapons which makes him a formidable opponent.
- Enhanced equilibrium: Niko has an enhanced equilibrium, which allow him to stay in place and aiming even if getting shot. Only a few selected characters in the GTA IV-era (including very few NPC encountered during the game and the others protagonists Luis Lopez and Johnny Klebitz) have this ability.
- Master Marksman: As a former soldier, He is a incredible marksman able to hits his targets with precision. Niko saved his cousin from being held gunpoint by a Russian mobster and took out three snipers with ease. He is also highly skilled in firearms such as pistols, sub machines guns, shotgun guns, assault and sniper rifles.
- Commandment: Niko has an intense charisma which allow him to command his allies even in the worst of cases. For instance, he convinces the team during the Liberty City Bank's robbing to go into the subway in order to lose the police. However, he's not a control freak, and often refer to his bosses or allies.
- Enhanced driving/piloting skills: he can drive every kind of vehicles, boats and even helicopters, and also do drive-by while doing so.
- Persuasion, deception and manipulation: even if he doesn't like this (unlike his nemesis Dimitri), Niko is a master manipulator and can trick his enemies in order to kill them easily. An instance is when he kills Francis/Derrick, and then hide the truth to Packie (and the McReary's family).
- Robbing skills: during the robbery, he was a precise, very efficient and cold-blooded raider.
- Fearlessness: Niko has pretty much fear of nobody. The only person he fears could be the serial killer Eddie Low.
During Free Roam
- Gives homeless people moneys for begging to get money.
- Make taxi rides for Roman. (Niko can no longer do this after Roman's Sorrow)
- Kill criminals (debatably).
During the Storyline
- In the mission Bleed out, he saves Roman from being beating out by Loan sharks.
- In the mission Jamaican Heat, he watch over Little Jacob's meeting and protect Little Jacob from being attacked during the ambush in the meeting
- In the mission Luck of The Irish, he protects Packie and his friends from the ambush at the meeting with Sniper Rifle.
- In the mission Hostile Negotiation, he saves Roman from his kidnapper.
- In the mission Meltdown, he retrieves back the diamonds to Ray that were stolen by Luca's crew
- In the mission Babysitting, he protects Kim Young-Guk from boats and helicopters that attack him.
- However, this can be considered as futile, as he kills Young-Guk on the next mission.
- In the mission Hating The Haters, he wipes out Bernie Crane's homophobic stalker
- In the mission Entourage, he protects Bobby Jefferson from the ambush and later escort him safely to City Hall.
- In the mission Pegorino's Pride, he protects Jimmy Pegorino and his bodyguard from the ambush caused by Pavano Family.
- He wiped out of the worst crime syndicate- the Rascalov's one - which can be considered to be heroic.
- In the random encounter with Eddie Low, he wipes out the serial killer Eddie Low (who is believed to be killed 10 people in Liberty City over last month)
- In the random encounter with Cherise Glover, he protects her from her abusive boyfriend by beating him up.
- In the random encounter with Hossan Ramzy, he helps him get his money back from his employer who refused to pay him due to him being an immigrant.
- In the random encounter with Marnie Allen, he drives her to the terminal so she can return to her family in the midwest and gives her $500 to help her.
Niko's Father: It is mentioned that Niko's father was an alcoholic and very abusive father.
Niko's Brother: During one of friend activities with Packie, Niko mentions his deceased brother. It is unknown how or when he died but his death likely occurred during the war.
Milica Bellic: Niko does love his mother. One proof is that even if the player chooses to respond negatively to her e-mails, Niko will send a positive response to her, which shows that he genuinely cares for his mother and does not want to upset her.
Roman Bellic: Roman is like a brother for Niko, and the latter is very protective towards his cousin, despite all his lies. After Hostile Negotiation, their relationship knew a drift but they remain good friends. If Roman dies, Niko will regret the good times with his cousin.
Little Jacob: Little Jacob is the best friend of Niko. The two are very protective each others, and Little Jacob is always willing to help Niko on missions, as well as the reverse. The two does not talk about their past deeds but usually philosophical topics. Several times, Little Jacob offered Niko drugs but the latter always decline. If their friendship reach 70%, Jacob will sell low price weapons for Niko.
Brucie Kibbutz: Niko doesn't really like Brucie Kibbutz, which he assimilate, at least in the beginning, as an idiotic dimwit. Despite this, Brucie consider Niko as a "true friend" and the two remain friends. If their friendship reach 70%, Niko can do races for Brucie.
Patrick McReary: the two doesn't get along very well at the beginning, but eventually became very good friends after Niko save his life several times and did a good job at the robbery; however Packie doesn't assist Niko at the end of the story. If Kate died, Packie will call Niko, crying over his sister's death. If their friendship reach 70%, Niko can call Packie to get a bomb.
Dwayne Forge (determinant): if Niko choice to kill Playboy X and hanging out with Dwayne Forge, they will become very good friends. Unlike Little Jacob, Dwayne often talk about his past; Niko often relate, as the two were poor since their young and had horrible fathers. Dwayne doesn't assist Niko in his side missions but he can send two henchmen as backup for Niko once their friendship has reached 70%.
Johnny Klebitz: Niko is a good friend of Johnny even though Johnny secretly kidnapped Roman and Niko secretly killed Jason and Jim. Niko also tried to escape the Libertonian with Johnny and Luis.
Luis Lopez: They meet when Niko, Packie, Michael and Derrick were robbing the bank. Niko and Luis were enemies at first, due to Luis stealing the diamonds Niko and Johnny had, but becoame allies later, by trying to trade for the diamonds and Gracie and by stopping Ray Bulgarin.
Dimitri Rascalov: at first, Dimitri seemed to be a good and friendly guy, although cold and unpredictable, so Niko started to befriend him. Even after his betrayal, Niko tried to be compassionate, as he knew that Dimitri suffered for years within Mikhail's influence. However, once Rascalov kidnapped Roman, Niko realizes his greedy and treacherous nature, and swore that he will "cut off" his face and destroy his gang. He expresses absolutely no remorse towards his nemesis when the latter beg for his life, if the player chose to cut the deal out and hunt Rascalov on his boat.
Jimmy Pegorino: at first, Niko treated the Pegorino's don with respect, although he quickly finds him egomaniacal and obnoxious; but when Jimmy betrayed Niko, the Serbian chased him until until he either kills him or witnesses him being executed by Rascalov (in the Deal's ending).
Ray Boccino: Niko instantly disliked Boccino, as the mafioso literally called him "a punk" and treats him as a mere subordinate. However, after he murders him, when he calls Roman he tells him that he regretted doing it.
Niko quickly becomes one of Grand Theft Auto's mascot and one of the most appreciated and beloved protagonist of the franchise. His dark, gritty past, combined to his sad ending appear as a stark contrast to the happy ending from the previous opus Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas; as such, Niko is often qualified as the symbol of the renewal and maturity of the franchise.
- Like every Grand Theft Auto the player can kill innocent people if he/she wants, making Niko a brutal killer with very little heroic qualities and close to be Pure Evil. However, those kills are not considered canon.
- He was voiced by Michael Hollick.
- Unfortunately his voice gave up, so it is unlikely that Niko make a come back in future games.
- Niko Bellic is one of the deadliest protagonist of GTA, having killed over a hundred foes and almost all of his mission-givers (other criminals such as Eddie Low, policemen and agents from the NOOSE and FIB not included).
- Ironically, Nico stated that he doesn't like to kill and is one of the less ruthless GTA's protagonist.
- Niko had a childhood crush on a girl from his village, named Mila Tadic. Roman will confirm this during friend activities.
- He may be sadomasochist, as Alexandra Chilton comment that Niko did "kinky" things with her (if Niko dated her).
- Without player control, he never hurts women while carjacking them.
- He is about 5'11" (180 cm) and 180 lbs (82 kg).
- In Grand Theft Auto Online, Niko is one of the father options for the player character's heritage.
IMPORTANT: for the readability of the article, please do not add more instances.
- He is very similar to another GTA's protagonist, Carl Johnson:
- Both are redeemed villains.
- Both are the protagonists of their game.
- Both were betrayed by two of their mission givers, which eventually become their nemesis (Big Smoke and Ryder for CJ; Dimitri Rascalov and Jimmy Pegorino for Niko).
- Both have sociopathic tendencies, but (sometimes) feels remorse.
- Both are heroes by proxy.
- Both entirely wiped out two gangs (the Ballas and the Vagos for CJ; the Rascalov's mafia and the Pegorino's family for Niko).
- Both left a large imprint to the criminal underworld of their settings.
- Bother are the strongest characters of their world.
- However CJ continued to lead his gang, while Niko gave up his lifestyle.
- Nevertheless, both remains fugitives who were never get caught.
- Both killed (nearly) all of their foes.
- Surprisingly, he is similar to Akame from the anime Akame ga Kill:
- Both are redeemed villains.
- Both had a very difficult childhood, and eventually became criminals and assassins.
- Both are expert fighters. Akame usually rely on her swords and mystical weapons known as "Taigu", while Niko usually use his guns.
- Both are the archenemy of the most corrupt enemy of their story, the Prime Minister for Akame and Dimitri Rascalov for Niko.
- Both are very protective towards their family and friends but show nearly absolutely no mercy for their enemies.
- Both are wanted by the police's forces of their country.
- Both are successful, but lost many of their relatives at the end, including someone they've cared a lot about (Roman/Kate for Niko and Tatsumi for Akame, although only on the anime).
- Both gave up their criminal's lifestyle at the end of the story.
- However there is major difference between the two. While Akame fought to destroy the Empire, Niko didn't seek to overthrow the government, but simply worked for money. Also, while the highest form of legal authority from Akame ga kill, Prime Minister Honest, is the Big Bad of the story, the highest form of legal authority from Grand Theft Auto IV, the mayor, isn't an enemy of Niko Bellic nor the Bellic's family.
- Also Akame has way more strenght, acceleration and durability than Niko, as she had demonic powers from her Teigu, while Niko is "just" a normal badass.
- He is similar to Agent 47:
- Both are hitmen.
- Both are sociopaths.
- Both are heroes by proxy.
- Both are rather cold but have a sensitive side.
- Niko Bellic on the Grand Theft Auto Wiki.