This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||So I'm going to be a hero. I'll make that money... so that my mom and dad can have easier lives!||„|
|~ Ochaco Uraraka to Izuku and Tenya in "That's the Idea, Ochaco!"|
Ochaco Uraraka is one of the main female characters in the manga/anime series, My Hero Academia. She is a student at U.A. High School training to become a Pro Hero. She is one of Izuku Midoriya's closest friends, and has a crush on him.
She is voiced by Ayane Sakura in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Luci Christian in the English version of the anime.
Ochaco is a very open-minded, nice, cheerful, lively, outgoing, and optimistic girl. She gets easily excited over little things and has a habit of overreacting with exaggerated facial expressions just like Izuku.
Beside this, Ochaco can become extremely determined, focused and intimidating in certain situations. Due to her time around Izuku, she has picked some of his habits such as his tenacity and ingenuity in battles. She greatly admires Izuku whom she calls "Deku", a nickname she thought was cute (even though he used to hate it) and seeks to be like him with regards to his skills and dreams. Following a classmates' teasing, Ochaco realized she has developed feelings for him but is too shy to admit and ran off when near him after being confused by her thoughts. Later on, she has resolved to hold them down for the time being to better focus on her dream. However, Ochaco's feelings for Izuku resurface as she saves him from being absorbed into the black energy created by All for One.
Her parents are her motivation as to why she has decided to become a hero, specifically, in order for them to live an easy life. Despite her embarrassment to admit it, she does her best in school with a pride for them which makes them happy.
As a hero, her heroine identity is Uravity (ウラビティ Urabiti) and her quirk is Zero Gravity, a power to manipulate gravity such as making objects weightless or making objects float, even she able make herself to fly. However, her quirk still has a limitation. A drawback to this Quirk that if it is used too much (around three tons) or if she makes herself float, she will suffer from nausea and possibly vomit as a result. Her hero costume is made for minimize this negative effect when she use her quirk.
- Ochaco is also similar to Layla Williams from Disney's 2005 film Sky High, who are both very kind, loyal and beautiful, both considered the best friends of the protagonists Will Stronghold and Izuku Midoriya, but both immediately have a crush on them, and they even look alike. They appear to be weak and fragile to many who first meet them. But both girls are amazingly powerful. Ochaco and Layla are the first girls to admire the protagonists and encourage them through all there hardships. The only difference is that Layla and Will are in a relationship, while Izuku and Ochaco is not, because of the series being ongoing.
- Ochaco also shares similarities with Serena from Pokémon.
- Both shares the same color theme, such as pink.
- Both are each in love with the main characters of their respective series, such as Serena to Ash and Ochako to Izuku.
- Both are optimistic and never give up.
- Both have short hair (though Serena used to have long hair).
- Both have an admiration towards the protagonists and encourages them to never give up.
- Both were jealous of any women flirting with their love interests.
- Both doesn't have any confidence to tell their true feelings to their love interests.
- Ochaco's name can written as both "Ochaco" and "Ochako". Both are considered correct spellings.
- Ochaco greatly resembles Akko Kagari from Little Witch Academia, though her hair is not in straight into a side pigtail.