This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||So I'm going to be a hero. I'll make that money... so that my mom and dad can have easier lives!||„|
|~ Ochaco Uraraka to Izuku and Tenya in "That's the Idea, Ochaco!"|
Ochaco Uraraka is one of the main female characters in the manga/anime series, My Hero Academia. She is a student at U.A. High School training to become a Pro Hero. She is one of Izuku Midoriya's closest friends and has a crush on him.
She is voiced by Ayane Sakura in the Japanese version of the anime, and by Luci Christian in the English version of the anime.
Ochaco is an average height teenage girl with wide, warm brown eyes and bobbed hair with baby bangs and two longer parts of hair on the side of her face. She has small, eyebrows and a permanent blush on her cheeks.
Her hero costume is a navy, full-body suit with light pink markings on her shoulders (with two darker pink stripes) and torso. Ochaco dons large knee-high boots with dark pink soles and heels. She has a thick, hot pink choker, two light pink gauntlets on her arms with darker pink handles and a thick, light pink belt with a darker pink marking in the centre and where they connect. Because of her design company, she has two navy dots below her choker.
Ochaco is a very open-minded, nice, cheerful, lively, outgoing, and optimistic girl. She gets easily excited over little things and has a habit of overreacting with exaggerated facial expressions just like Izuku.
Besides this, Ochaco can become extremely determined, focused and intimidating in certain situations. Due to her time around Izuku, she has picked some of his habits such as his tenacity and ingenuity in battles. She greatly admires Izuku whom she calls "Deku", a nickname she thought was cute (even though he used to hate it) and seeks to be like him with regards to his skills and dreams. Following a classmate's teasing, Ochaco realized she has developed feelings for him but is too shy to admit it and ran off when near him after being confused by her thoughts. Later on, she has resolved to hold them down for the time being so that she can focus on her dream of becoming a hero. However, Ochaco's feelings for Izuku resurface as she saves him from being absorbed into the black energy created by All for One.
Her parents are her motivation as to why she has decided to become a hero, specifically, in order for them to live an easy life. Despite her embarrassment to admit it, she does her best in school with pride for them which makes them happy.
Though her main motivation for becoming a hero is to gain money, Ochaco is still determined to be a good hero. After the death of Sir Nighteye, Ochaco laments how she couldn't save him and how she held him in her arms as he died. From that point on, she becomes more determined to save people no matter the cost, maturing as a result.
As a hero, her heroine identity is Uravity (ウラビティ Urabiti) and her quirk is Zero Gravity, a power to manipulate gravity in ways such as making objects weightless or making objects float, or even make herself to fly. However, her quirk still has a limitation. A drawback to this Quirk that if it is used too much (around three tons) or if she makes herself float, she will suffer from nausea and possibly vomit as a result. Her hero costume is made to minimize this negative effect when she uses her quirk.
For training, Ochaco placed herself into a plastic sphere and tumbled down a mountain, in order to adjust her inner ear canals to Zero Gravity as well as to reduce the after effects of nausea, all while increasing how much weight she can lift.
While at first, Ochaco's Quirk only seemed suited for support, she later trains under the Battle Hero: Gunhead's internship where she is taught the pro-hero's martial arts techniques: Gunhead Martial Arts. After this, Ochaco becomes more adept at hand-to-hand combat, able to successfully disarm Himiko Toga of her knife and pin the villainess to the ground. She is also able to use her Quirk on heavy objects and debris, able to release them and use them as attacks against enemies. As the series progresses, Ochaco continually showcases her improvement, proving to be a very strong hero-in-training.
- Ochaco is also similar to Layla Williams from Disney's 2005 film Sky High, who are both very kind, loyal and beautiful, both considered the best friends of the protagonists Will Stronghold and Izuku Midoriya, but both immediately have a crush on them, and they even look alike. They appear to be weak and fragile to many who first meet them. But both girls are amazingly powerful. Ochaco and Layla are the first girls to admire the protagonists and encourage them through all there hardships. Both of them each have a villainous love rival who also have feelings for their crushes. In Ochaco’s case, Himiko Toga. In Layla’s case, Gwendolyn "Gwen" Grayson, who is actually Royal Pain. The only difference is that Layla and Will are in a relationship, while Izuku and Ochaco is not, but they may get together eventually because of the series still remaining ongoing.
- Ochaco also shares similarities with Serena from Pokémon.
- Both shares the same color theme, such as pink.
- Both are each in love with the main characters of their respective series, such as Serena to Ash and Ochako to Izuku.
- Both are optimistic and never give up.
- Both have short hair (though Serena used to have long hair).
- Both have an admiration towards the protagonists and encourages them to never give up.
- Both were jealous of any women flirting with their love interests.
- Both doesn't have any confidence to tell their true feelings to their love interests.
- Ochaco's name can written as both "Ochaco" and "Ochako". Both are considered correct spellings.
- Ochaco greatly resembles Akko Kagari from Little Witch Academia, though her hair is not in straight into a side pigtail.
- Likely due to being poor, Ochaco is the only student in Class 1-A that uses a flip-phone.