| This stub is making Kirby hungry with its lack of substance.|
This article or section is a stub. You can help the Heroes Wiki by expanding it!
What are you waiting for? GO!
|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating its info wherever necessary.
And now time resumes!
Olimar is the main protagonist of the Pikmin video game series. He is clearly dressed like somewhat of an astronaut because of the planet he lives on.
Olimar is an honest man who loves his family dearly. In the first game, he crash-lands on the planet of the Pikmin, where he enlists their help to return back home. In the second game, he is tasked with retrieving treasure from the same planet to pay off the huge debt of his company.
Super Smash Bros.
Super Smash Bros. Melee
Olimar appears in Super Smash Bros. Melee as a trophy who only can be obtained by having a Pikmin save file on the GameCube memory card.
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Olimar debuts as a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, he can uses his Pikmin for most of his attacks. His Final Smash, End of Day, involves him getting in his ship and blasting off high into the air while Bulborbs attack his opponents, and then crashing right down to the surface, often launching the opponent off screen in just one hit. He also has a trophy who can be obtained by clearing the classic mode using him.
Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Super Smash Bros. for Wii U
Olimar returns as a playable character in both versions.
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate
Olimar again is a playable character in Super Smash Bros. Ultimate as a unlockable character, he's one of the many characters who are vaporised by Galeem's beams in World of Light. Olimar also has a spirit who is a fighter spirit that can be obtained by clearing the classic mode.
- Olimar's name is derived from Mario, as "Louie" is from Luigi. In Japanese, Olimar (オリマ orima) is an anagram of Mario (マリオ mario).
- Olimar was supposed to make a cameo appearance in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga. The captain was to come in and taste the player's coffee. However, this never occurred, as the scene was canceled. He was also planned to call Mario "Marlio" (an anagram of "Olimar") and somehow mistake Luigi for a beast. Unlike other characters in the game, Olimar's text was to appear without a speech bubble.
- In Super Smash Bros. Melee, you can get trophies of both Captain Olimar and Pikmin if you have Pikmin saved on your memory card.
- One of the key items in Super Paper Mario, the Helmet has a large resemblance to Olimar's helmet. It even includes an antenna with a red light beacon.
- Although not seen, the player can get a message from Olimar in the Wii game Animal Crossing: City Folk, which reads: "I found this odd little hat on my travels. It looks just like one of those cute little creatures I've met in outer space! Have fun wearing it! - From Captain Olimar.". When the player finishes reading the letter, they get an item called the "Red Pikmin Hat", which looks like a Red Pikmin's stem with a leaf. The same hat (along with yellow and blue variants) is available as an award to Miis in the Nintendo 3DS' "Find Mii".. A "life size" model of his ship has also been released.
- Olimar is seen carrying a bottle cap in the Pikmin 2 intro, which could mean that he has the strength of four Pikmin.