|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Omni-Man contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||This planet has... changed me. And there's no going back from that, son. Without you... I don't know what it would have taken... what I would have done... to make me realize that.||„|
|~ Omni-Man to his son, Mark Grayson.|
|“||No, I'm fine--I'm--you have to listen to me. You're going to lead our people to great heights. You're going to show them your ways... your compassion... you're going to... you're... Mark. You changed me. Change them.||„|
|~ Nolan to his son.|
Omni-Man also known as Nolan Grayson, is a fictional character and superhero from the Invincible comics. He is an alien from the planet, Viltrum, and became the father of Mark Grayson, who would become the superhero Invincible. He was revealed to be a villain, but redeemed himself for the sake for his family.
He was created by Robert Kirkman and Cory Walker, and first appeared in Invincible # 1 in January of 2003.
He is the father of Invincible and Kid Omni-Man. He came to down earth as an agent of the Viltrum Empire and was supposed to take over the world for their cause to expand their empire more. Eventually, he battled his son nearly killing him. Still having love for his son, Omni-Man fled out of Earth and created a new life for himself on a planet inhabited by Mantis-People. There he met Andressa, whom he would marry and have named Oliver and would later be adopted into the Grayson family.
Nolan was born on the planet Viltrum, and is the son of Argall, the leader of the Viltrumites, and an unnamed woman. When he was young, Argall was killed by Thaedus, who no longer believed in the Viltrumites' violent ways, and as a result, Nolan's true heritage was hidden from the recorders to hide him from enemies. The Viltrumites then organized the Viltrum Empire, which was led by Thragg, and Nolan decided to help the empire conquer planets. Nolan showed himself to be a capable warrior, and was so successful, that he became the commander of his own unit.
Going to Earth
A virus started to destroy the Viltrumite population, the Empire decided to take advantage of their decelerated aging, and infiltrate a society and weaken the chance of it resisting a takeover. Nolan decided to take on this mission, and flew to Earth to accomplish their task, meeting Cecil Stedman to learn more about human culture. Nolan then adopted the last name Grayson to appear more human, and met a woman named Debbie, and the two later married and had a son, Mark Grayson.
Cecil then set Nolan up as "Omni-Man" to be Earth's newest and most powerful superhero, and became an ally of the Guardians of the Globe. Nolan also met with costume maker Art Rosebaum, who designed him a costume for the superhero. Additionally, Nolan lied to Cecil, Debbie and Art about the reasons he was on Earth, and deceived his family and allies for years. During the time, he would fight many villains to protect Earth, and kept an eye out for anyone who was strong enough to protect Earth from the Viltrum Empire. While raising his son, he revealed to him that he was half Viltrumite and half human, and one day would receive superpowers.
Powers and Abilities
- Viltrumite-Physiology: Being a Viltrumite, Omni-Man possesses a superhuman physical condition (strength, speed, endurance, etc.), flight, invulnerability, enhanced lung capacity, regenerative healing factor, interstellar travel, longevity, and dominant genetics.
- Flight: Omni-Man is able to fly due to a complex balancing system located in his inner ears, which is for all Viltrumites.
- Invulnerability: Omni-Man's skin is much harder to pierce or break than human skin, and only beings who are Viltrumites can do so.
- Enhanced Healing Factor: Omni-Man can heal from injuries that would kill humans.
- Enhanced Lung Capacity: Like the rest of his species, he can hold his breath for up to two weeks without breathing.
- Decelerated Aging: Omni-Man has the potential to live for thousands of years, and still be in his prime.
- Superhuman Strength: Due to his Viltrumite physiology, Omni-Man showed himself to have great strength, being able to kill the original Guardians of the Globe, and defeat his son in combat.
- Superhuman Speed: He is capable of moving at vast speeds.
- Superhuman Endurance: He has superhuman endurance, having survived being disemboweled, touching lavaa and a bomb blast without permanent damage.
- Superhuman Stamina: Due to his physiology, Omni-Man generates less fatigue toxins than humans. This allows him to fight and move for extended periods of time without collapsing or suffering from exhaustion.
- Deception: Nolan is a master manipulator, being able to deceive his family and allies about his true intentions.
- Leadership: Nolan shows himself to be a capable leader, and later became the emperor of Viltrum, and the ruler the Thraxans.
- Writing Skills: Nolan is an expert writer, and has numerous successful books that he has written.
- Before the series' serialization, the character was originally named "Supra-Man", but Image Comics made the creators change the name due to it being similar to DCs superhero, Superman.