|“||Fate rarely calls upon us at the moment of our choosing.||„|
|~ Optimus Prime|
Optimus Prime, temporarily known as Nemesis Prime (due to the fact that Quintessa was infecting him and controlling his mind) is one of the three main protagonists (alongside Sam Witwicky and Cade Yeager) of the live-action Transformers Cinematic Universe.
Originally a peaceful Cybertronian scientist and the very last Prime of the Dynasty, Optimus and his team of scientists were studying the mysterious Allspark until they were betrayed by their security unit, the Decepticons, and his twin brother who is now corrupted power hungry leader, Megatron. Naming his squad of scientists as the Autobots, he used his team to fight the tyrannical Decepticons in order to stop them from getting the Allspark's awesome power. He is based off his original incarnation with the same name.
Optimus Prime is kind, humble, caring, selfless, serious, highly intelligent, calculating, and wise. He has a strong sense of justice, honor, and good morals. On the battlefield, he is a great fighter, leader, and tactician. He can be cold and ruthless towards his enemies, but he also has a sense of compassion for enemies who were turned from the right path.
Optimus is very mature, calm, level-headed, and patient, as he rarely loses his temper. Despite humanity's primitive state compared to his own race, Optimus often defends them by arguing that he sees their potential to be better rather than focusing on their flaws (even if this faith experienced some knocks after humanity rejected the Autobots following the Battle of Chicago).
Optimus shows great love for humanity as he cares deeply for humans and made a vow to himself, along with the Autobots not to harm humans at all. He swore to protect the planet Earth from threat and the Decepticons at all cost, as he did not want the planet to have the same fate as his destroyed planet Cybertron did. However, after the Chicago war caused by Megatron and Sentinel Prime, Optimus Prime shows no mercy on evil humans who attacked him such as the Cemetery Wind (the CIA black ops unit who secretly disobeyed the President and the government's orders and despite the Autobots are still the government's allies) as well killing their leader, Harold Attinger who allied with the Cybertronian assassin and bounty hunter, Lockdown, while still protecting good humans who risked their lives for him such as Cade Yeager, his daughter, Tessa Yeager, and her boyfriend, Shane Dyson.
Like his fellow rebels; the Dinobots and the Knights of Iacon, Optimus Prime hates his own creators so deeply that includes Quintessa and intend to kill her and her fellow creators because she sent Lockdown to retrieve him due to the destruction of Cybertron in the Chicago war caused by Megatron.
When he was brainwashed and deceived by Quintessa, Optimus became merciless to kill anyone who stand in his way until returned to his original self with the help of Bumblebee after he somehow regained his voice that was torn by Megatron during the Great War.
Powers and Abilities
- Cybertronian Physiology: As the last of the Primes, Optimus is one of the most, if not the most powerful Cybertronian, with seemingly only Megatron and Lockdown being on par. His powers and abilities include:
- Cybertronian Strength: Optimus has immense superhuman strength, far superior to that of almost any non-Prime Cybertronian, with him even able to take down Shockwave with ease.
- Cybertronian Speed: Optimus has considerable superhuman speed, superior to that of an average Cybertronian, as he was shown to outrun helicopters on foot, and to even outrun Sentinel Prime when the latter was in vehicle mode.
- Cybertronian Durability: Optimus is extremely durable, practically immune to human weaponry, and usually sustaining only minimal damage while battling fellow Cybertronians. Indeed, the only way to truly slay Optimus (as Megatron temporarily did) is to pierce the spark in his chest, which only Megatron's Cybertronian blade was shown to be capable of doing.
- Cybertronian Stamina: As a Cybertronian, Optimus does not require sustenance or sleep, being able to maintain physical activity for an unlimited period of time.
- Cybertronian Healing: Optimus' body is composed of living transformium metal, which allows him to heal from serious wounds at superhuman rates, with the only known exception being a pierced spark (which is a fatal wound). Optimus Prime has an enhanced healing factor, in the second movie, a badly damaged Optimus Prime was healing during the time Jetfire's parts were combining with Optimus.
- Weapon Storage and Manifestation: Optimus can store and summon ton of Cybertron weapons from his body. He primary used Ion Blaster, Barrage Cannons, Machine Gun, Dual Energon Swords, Hand-Held Energon Sword, Rusty Dual Energon Sword, Knuckle-Spikes, Energon Hooks, Energon Axe, Shield, Thermal Cannon, Thermal Machine gun, Missile, Quad Barrel Shotgun, and Knuckle-Spikes. Optimus also had a weapon trailers which had his Jetwing Unit that has Gun Pods and Charged Missles. As Nemesis Prime, Optimus could also manifest a small dagger, which he used to almost kill Bumblebee. His primary weapons were Dual Energon Swords which he used until Age of Extinction where in attempt to fight Galvatron he drove the sword through his Vortex Grinder, which disintegrating most of the sword. They were later replaced by his Sword of Judgment.
- Holographic Projection: Optimus displayed the war on Cybertron to Sam and Mikaela using hologram.
- Invincibility: Optimus Prime has the Matrix of Leadership inside of his chest. As long as it stay there, Optimus Prime has invincibility to survive even Lockdown impaled Optimus' own Judgement Sword through his chest from the Fourth Movie.
- Transformation: In first to third movie, Optimus Prime transform into a blue and red flamed 379 Peterbilt truck. In Initial fourth movie, he transform into a rusty Marmon 97 semi truck. In fourth and fifth movie, Optimus Prime transform into Western Star 5700 XE semi-trailer truck.
- Master Hand-to-Hand Combatant: Optimus is shown to be an exceptionally formidable hand-to-hand combatant. In fact, the only ones that have been able to defeat him in combat are, Megatron, The Fallen, Lockdown, and Sentinel Prime (though most of Megatron's victories were only because Optimus had already been worn down after prolonged prior fighting, while Megatron entered the battle fairly fresh). During his battle with Sentinel, he was too blinded in rage to launch an effective attack that almost got him killed and during his battle with Lockdown, Optimus choose to save Cade and almost died.
- Master Swordsman: Optimus is shown to be an immensely formidable swordsman, as he was able to down Bonecrusher, the Fallen and even Lockdown with his sword.
- Master Axe Combatant: While Optimus usually favors swords or bare hands, he is shown to be highly proficient in wielding his battle axe, with him taking down Megatron and Sentinel Prime with one. In addition the feat was incredible as he only had one arm at the time. He can also charge his battle axe with energon energy to make deadly effects.
- Master Marksman: Although he prefers hand-to-hand combat, Optimus is extremely proficient in the use of firearms, as he is shown to aim his weapons at any Decepticon or even the Control Pillar with Shockwave's gun directly without missing.
- Expert Driver: Optimus is shown to be a highly skilled driver in vehicle mode, with him notably able to do a swift u-turn while driving at high speed, and able to rapidly transform in mid-air, even with a trailer attached to him.
- Gifted Intelligence: Optimus Prime, due to being an alien from the highly advanced planet Cybertron, and due to being many centuries old, is highly intelligent.
- Master Tactician: Optimus' exceptional tactical skills are displayed when he leads the Autobots into battle.
- Master Leader: Optimus is shown to be an excellent leader, with his fellow Autobots always obeying his orders in battle.
- Master flyer: When in robot and flight modes, he is good at flying as demonstrated starting from Revenge of the Fallen to The Last Knight.
- Shield Cannon: Optimus received this (along with his sword) in Transformers: Age of Extinction. This shield became his secondary weapon to fight his enemies. Normally for defensive purposes, this shield can also be use for offensive purposes as it was used to kill Harold Attinger. Later in the next movie Optimus used this to battle Bumblebee when he was brainwashed by Quintessa. Later on he used this to defeat Quintessa and her minions.
- Sword of Judgment: Optimus received this (along with his shield) in Transformers: Age of Extinction. This sword was among many of the weapons stored inside Lockdown's "trophy case", a separate ship that docks off of the main Knight Ship. It became his primary weapon to fight his enemies. This sword was used against him in his battle with Lockdown but he later killed Lockdown with this sword. Later in the next movie Optimus used this to battle Bumblebee when he was brainwashed by Quintessa. Later on he used this to cut off Megatron's arm but Megatron brought him down and almost used it to kill Optimus before he got kicked out of the lair.
- AllSpark: Optimus could be slain if the AllSpark was placed into his chest, much the same way Megatron was (though notably not permanently).
- Damaged Spark: Optimus was temporarily slain by Megatron when the latter pierced his chest and the spark within it.
- Body Part severed: Like humans, Optimus would suffered damage when his own body part torn off cause his energon to leak as when Sentinel Prime cut off his arm with his blade in third movie and being damaged by Cemetery Wind and Lockdown, caused his ear fall off in the fourth movie.
- Stasis Lock: After being damaged by Lockdown and the Cemetery Wind, Optimus remained into stasis lock until he was awoken and helped by Cade Yeager. On his quest to find and kill his creators in space, Optimus also remained in stasis and floating in space until he was awakened after crash landed on Cybertron.
- Quintessa's Brainwashing: Optimus, due to having possibly been created by Quintessa, was vulnerable to her brainwashing, with her thus forcibly converting him into the ruthless and malevolent persona of "Nemesis Prime." Only when hearing Bumblebee's voice again made Optimus snap out and regain his original heroic persona.
- Optimus Prime is voiced by his original voice actor, Peter Cullen since the Generation One series. With his reception warmly received by fans and critics alike, he continues to voice the character from now on.
- Optimus Prime both voice actor Winnie the Pooh, In English he is voiced by Peter Cullen who also voiced Eeyore, and in Japanese dub he is voiced by Tesshō Genda who also voiced Tigger.
|Cinematic Universe Heroes|