|SCP-999 believes that this article has stopped in time, and any and all information on it may be outdated.|
Help improve this article by checking and updating its info wherever necessary.
And now time resumes!
|“||Remember me? I'm Ben's kid!||„|
|~ Otis after defeating his arch-nemesis Dag|
|“||Oh, Milk Me!||„|
|~ One of Otis' catchphrases.|
Otis is the protagonist of the Nickelodeon Barnyard franchise.
He is voiced by Kevin James in the film and its video game and by Chris Hardwick in the TV series.
Otis is an optimistic cow who knows how to work guitars, cell phones, and microphones. He is glad to face his fears to save his friends, but when it comes to money, Otis is usually selfish and keeps it all to himself, but truly has a sweet side and a bovine heart of gold.
In the film, Otis has a truly rebellious nature with his father Ben and ignores him when he orders him to grow up since he'll become the new leader someday.
After Ben gets killed by Dag and his coyote henchmen, Otis is a bit depressed and is elected the new leader, despite blaming himself for Ben's death. He then decides to leave the farm because he cannot fit in with being a leader and that he will be unable to stop Dag and the coyotes from taking more animals from the barn.
Towards the end of the film, Otis avenges his dad's death by defeating Dag in his junkyard, rescues the kidnapped chickens, and accepts his promise to protect the Barnyard from danger.
- Dan Castellaneta was considered for the role of Otis in Back at the Barnyard before Chris Hardwick was selected.
- Otis, alongside his father and the other male cows of the barn, has udders, which only female cows have in real life.
- He has a superhero alter-ego called Cowman, who has appeared in one episode and a television film.
- The reason Otis and all the other male cows were designed with udders this in the franchise is that Steve Oedekerk figured that city folk thought that all cows would look like this.
- His voice actor Kevin James who also voiced Frankenstein in Hotel Transylvania Series, and also played Paul Blart in Paul Blart Mall Cop Series.