|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Ou Hon contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||The last 500 years has seen what was originally a hundred different states consolidate into the seven that stand today. You could say that given that trend, unification into one single nation is the answer that our history seeks. Of course, I am fully aware that you also have your own reasons for fighting. And it is because both of us remain unbending in our convictions...that we stand here now on a battlefield, to settle with Might what words alone cannot.||„|
|~ Ou Hon to Ba Nan Ji|
|“||I must be the one to slay the Great General of Wei, Earl Shi of the Spear with my own hands, and take Chou You in the name of Qin!! As well everything else that comes after...I don't have the time to spare a retreat. Cheap victories from pissant battles are not enough. If I do not continue to achieve Great victories one after another...Then I will never become a Great General whose name is etched into China's History!!||„|
|~ Ou Hon's declaration.|
|“||All I have done and all I ever will do is to keep moving forward while piercing through anyone who stands in my way!''||„|
|~ Ou Hon to Gyou'Un before the start of their duel|
|“||Never heard of you. And nor will I need to remember your name. For I, Ou Hon of the Gyoku Hou Unit shall pierce a hole upon your brow with a single blow.||„|
|~ Ou Hon to Ba Nan Ji|
Ou Hon is a deuteragonist/tritagonist and supporting character in the popular historical seinen manga and anime series, Kingdom. He is the only son of Ou Sen, a General of Qin and his late mother Shu Kei, and a relative to the late Great General, Ou Ki the Monstrous Bird of Qin. The best friend of Mou Ten and a frequent rival/ally of Ri Shin. He currently serves as a General for the State of Qin as the leader of the Gyoku Hou Army during the Warring States era of ancient B.C. China.
Keeping his long hair tied in place by a gray hairband, Ou Hon wears full body armor that is quite similar to that of the other soldiers. His front armor has the design of the head of a dragon while his metal shoulder pads carry the motif of a phoenix on them.
A no-nonsense and serious person by nature, Ou Hon takes pride in being a commander in the army, bordering on arrogance. He possesses a deep desire to become a Great General of Heavens and expresses it as his duty and obligation as the heir of the Ou Family. Being the successor to the Ou Family, Ou Hon cuts himself no slack as he attempts to practice with his spear. This resolve started from a young age when he practiced and trained tirelessly despite being naturally gifted.
Born into the main branch of the wealthy and prestigious, Ou Family as the son of the current head Ou Sen, a talented general and Shu Kei, a beautiful noblewoman. Ou Hon's birth would be one of slight controversy as unsavory rumors calmed that he was not his father's real son. Whether these rumors are true or not is currently unknown as his mother would unfortunately die during childbirth from massive blood loss.
Ou Hon would later be raised in the main estate of the family and was looked after by Ban You, an old aide of the family, who taught him the arts of the military, martial arts, strategical planning and tactical theories. The old soldier would later go on to become a close confidant and a father figure to the young noble.
Around the ages of 9 or 10 when he first started taking up the spear, in a rare occurrence, his father Ou Sen showed and told him that the basics started from the center of his right half. Probably doing it on a whim, to Ou Hon it was of the first time he saw his powerful father interact and exchange words with him. It was on that day forward that Ou Hon's training truly began as he would relentlessly train even when the weather was harsh, and he is palms were sore or bled.
Years later and now in his teens, Ou Hon would enter the Qin military as a 100-man commander and at one point during this period, he would meet his future friend/rival and fellow 100-man commander Mou Ten.
|“||He actually managed to kill the enemy commander before me!? Just who the hell is this guy!?||„|
|~ Shin, Kingdom v17 - Chapter 181: Ant|
|“||I would ask that you learn some history before jeering at someone's king.||„|
|~ Ou Hon to Ba Nan Ji|
|“||Come, Ba Nan Ji. Today will be the day where I return you to the Earth as one of the Qin King's Blades.||„|
|~ Ou Hon to Ba Nan Ji|
Powers and Abilities
- Superhuman Strength: Due to constant training with his spear, Ou Hon is a walking powerhouse of precision as he blow away an entire battalion of infantrymen and cavalry soldiers. His strength is also either a match or slightly higher than his rival Ri Shin's, despite the letter possessing potent strength himself.
- Speed & Reflexes:
- Enhanced Recovery:
Ou Hon was Trained in the foundation of the orthodox style of spearmanship since his childhood, he is an exceptionally skilled master practitioner in the art of Qiang/Spear, having been training since his childhood and his own innate talent as a martial artist. This was shown during his first meeting with Shin, when Ou Hon give a glimpse of his prowess when he delivered a powerful reserve thrust onto Shin's chest that drew blood and made it appear that he stabbed him in the eyes of onlookers and later fully displayed his lethal technique during the Sanyou Campaign as he killed multiple Wei soldiers with expert speed and finesse.
- Precision Form Fighter: Emphasizing accuracy in his style, Ou Hon can easily kill multiple opponents with pinpoint hits and strikes to their vitals areas.
- Destructive Power Fighter: After fighting and defeating Earl Shi of the Wei Fire Dragon in combat, Ou Hon greatly improved to the point it mimics the Earl's style.
- Dragon's Talon/Ryuu Shi: is a spear technique that relies on the manipulation of the weapon by its wielder to change the trajectory of the blow at will. It is a advanced and lethal technique that requires immense training as well as an innate mastery of the spear to be used in actual combat.
- Shadow Dragon's Talon/Kage Ryuu Shi: A variation of the Dragon's Talon, is a technique that's capable of killing an opponent in a wielder's blind spots. It is unknown if Ou Hon personally created this.
- Dragon's Nest/Ryuu Sou: is a spear technique that relies on the manipulation of the weapon by its wielder to create a multi-directional attack to make it seem like multiple strikes are happening all at once.
- Back Daggers:
- Reckless and Suicidal Tendency:
- Father Issues:
- Ou Sen (father/leader)
- Sai Kai (wife)
- Ban You (right hand/former guardian)
- Kan Jou (left hand)
- A Ka Kin (subordinate)
- Shou Taku (subordinate)
- Kyuu Kou (subordinate)
- Mou Ten (best friend/friendly rival)
- Ri Shin (rival)
- Ou Hon's character is based on the ancient B.C. real-life Qin great general, Wang Ben.
- Ou Hon often plays the part of the sarcastic straight man among the young generals of Qin.
- Ou Hon is one of the youngest people in the series to have become a general at the age of 25 alongside both Mou Ten at 25 and Shin at 24 and Kou Yoku, and Haku Rei in their 20s.
- Ou Hon is first one amongst the Qin Three to get married and start a family of his own.
- Ou Hon on Kingdom Wiki
- キングダム Official Website
- キングダム展 －信－ 公式サイト
- キングダム/Kingdom pixiv
- HonXKa on Shipping Wiki
- HonXTen on Shipping Wiki