|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|“||I like music that brings people together and gets them moving!||„|
|“||I'm a 1-UP Girl!||„|
Pauline is a character introduced in the arcade game Donkey Kong and serves as the damsel-in-distress Mario must save from an ape. She is Mario's former love interest before Princess Peach’s introduction in later games and is not only one of the few damsels in the series who is not a princess, but is the first damsel-in-distress in all of video game history. Pauline later reappears in Donkey Kong '94 and the Mario vs. Donkey Kong series, both in which she reprises her previous role and is reintroduced as Mario’s close friend. In Super Mario Odyssey, It is revealed that Pauline has become mayor of New Donk City in the Metro Kingdom.
Pauline is Mario's original love interest who was kidnapped by Donkey Kong, setting the stage for Mario's initial arcade outing. Since her modern reintroduction, she does not compete (or interact) with Princess Peach, and is now no longer considered Mario's girlfriend. Although some things never change, she holds no hard feelings for Donkey Kong. She has since become the mayor of New Donk City.
In spite of her damsel role in the original game, Pauline turns out to be sweet, outgoing and sympathetic, as well as having a sense of humor and eye for business. She seems to think highly of herself, but she has a kind-hearted nature and enjoys spending time with her friends.
In the original Donkey Kong, Pauline's appearance was similar to Princess Peach's; she had blonde hair and was wearing a pink dress. However, her appearance was dramatically changed. Nowadays, she wears a beautiful red dress, golden earrings, a golden bangle on her left hand and black shoes.
- "Help! HELP!"
- "AAAH! Help! HELP!!"
- "Mario... Please, help me...!
- "Please...! Save me...!"
- "Oh Mario, my hero!"
- "Mario, come back here! Donkey Kong's getting away!"
- "Donkey Kong, those guys are criminals! That was a prison break, not a health class!"
- "Oh, uh, nice rhino...good rhino...bye, rhino! DONKEY KONG!"
- "I'm sorry, I really don't have enough time to chat right now. I need to figure out a way to save my city. Things have been utter chaos since that Brutish Monster showed up. And he has the nerve to be advertising this wedding of his all over New Donk City?! A bit tasteless, is you ask me." - Pauline's reunion with Mario
- "New Donk City really means to me... I just can't thank you enough for all of your help, Mario. You must really join us for our upcoming festival! I'd love to show my gratitude to both you and the city with a surprise. Do you think you could find me four back up musicians so I could do a small musical number? Something simple."
- "That's all the musicians we needed-thanks! I am amazed at your persistence! You should consider running for public office! Now I just need to figure out this other problem... See, the underground power plant seems to be out of commission. We need that thing to supply power to the festival. I don't suppose you're familiar with underground work, are you?"
- "Thank you, Mario! Now that you've (clears throat) powered up the city, it's time for the festival to begin! Now we can finally kick off the festival in style and power! Shall we? Oh, hey! Would you like to participate in the festival? It's right up your alley!"
- "Great! I know you'll do us proud!"
- "Thank you, again, Mario! I'm dedicating this festival to you! We couldn't have done it without your help! Please accept this as a gift."
- "Go Mario! Jump, man!"
- "Not too shabby!"
- She is the first damsel-in-distress in any video game.
- In the Japanese Mario continuity, Lady and Pauline were originally two separate characters, but this was eventually retconned to make them one and the same.