Note: This article is about Peashooter, for the Plant Hero counterpart, see Green Shadow.
|“||How can a single plant grow and shoot so many peas so quickly? Peashooter says, "Hard work, commitment, and a healthy, well-balanced breakfast of sunlight and high-fiber carbon dioxide make it all possible."||„|
|~ Peashooter's Suburban Almanac Entry|
The Peashooter is one of the main protagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. He is the primary attacking plant that can shoot peas at zombies.
- 1 History
- 2 Variants
- 3 Powers and Abilities
- 4 Other appearances
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Navigation
Plants vs. Zombies
The Peashooter first appeared in the first level of Day. The game instructed the players to collect 100 suns to plant him and defend themselves from incoming zombies.
He also appeared as a minor character in Zombies on Your Lawn music video.
Plants vs. Zombies Adventures
He returned in the canceled game and can be obtained at the first level.
Plants vs. Zombies 2
He also can be first obtained in Plants vs. Zombies 2. When Plant Food is used, he can shoot a huge wave of peas at all zombies in front of him for a short time. He is in Appease-mint's family, a family of strait shooting plants.
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
In Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare and its sequels as one of the playable characters on the Plants' side. His primary weapon is Pea Canon.
A spawnable plant with a similar appearance, Pea Cannon, can be planted in a pot to support the players defending their gardens. There were also two variants, Peawitched Cannon, and Elf Pea. All of them can shoot peas at long range and deal splash damages.
In Battle for Neighborville, he is a playable character of Attack class.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
|“||Started fighting Zombies in 2009... and never stopped.||„|
|~ Peashooter's description|
In this game, Peashooter is a Basic - Common Pea Plant Card. He costs 1. When attack, he shoots pea at the enemy. He was first obtained in the tutorial of the game.
After the malfunction of the Hero-Tron 5000, the Peashooter became Green Shadow, one of the Plants Heroes.
- Fire Pea
- Ice Pea
- Toxic Pea
- Commando Pea
- Agent Pea
- Law Pea
- Berry Shooter
- Plasma Pea
- Rock Pea
- Electro Pea
Powers and Abilities
- Pea Cannon: Peashooter's signature move, as he can shoot large peas at all zombies in front of him.
- Chili Bean Bomb: He can throw a Chili Bean Bomb that can attract zombies and explodes, dealing massive damage to all zombies caught in its blast radius.
- Sombrero Bean Bomb: It has a longer fuse, but it deals considerably more damage than its predecessor.
- Dark Bean Bomb: The players can throw two of it instead of one, however, it deals lesser damages than the previous.
- Pea Gatling: He roots himself to the ground, making him inmobile, but allowing to unleash a torrent of damaging peas at his targets.
- Retro Gatling: Lower rate of fire and ammo capacity than Pea Gatling, but the peas it fires are ancient and deal more damage
- Bling Gatling: He can shoot bling peas with this ability.
- Hyper: He can run much faster and jump higher when this ability is active.
- Super Pea Jump: This ability does not make him faster but can make him jump higher than with Hyper.
- Pea Suped: He can jump higher, fire faster and run faster, he can also use this ability to glide, allowing him to descend much slower, however this ability doesn't make him as fast as Hyper does.
Plants vs. Zombies comcis
He appeared as one of the supporting character in the comics that helps Nate Timeley and Patrice Blazing fighting the zombies.
Plants vs. Zombies vs. Jay and Silent Bob
The Peashooters appeared in the Pilot Episode Zombies in New Jersey!?, as Silent Bob used them to attack the Zombies outside the shop.
They also made cameos in episode 3, The Epic Conclusion.
Mass Effect: Andromeda
He appeared as an Easter Egg in the Crew Quarters of the Tempest.
- Peashooter is the first plant to make his appearances in most games of the franchise, due to the fact he is the first line of defense.
- His appearance is similar to Bellsprout from Pokemon franchise.
- One of his variants, Agent Pea, is based on Perry the Platypus, or better known as Agent P.
- In Battle for Neighborville, the way he sprints is similar to how Sonic the Hedgehog runs fast.
- His eyes are black in the original game series, brown in Garden Warfare 1 and 2, while blue in Battle for Neighborville.