|“||All it takes is faith and trust, oh! and something I forgot: dust.||„|
|~ Peter Pan|
|“||Nobody calls Pan a coward and lives! I'll fight ya man to man, with one hand behind my back!||„|
|~ Peter Pan while fighting with Captain Hook.|
Peter Pan (also known as Pan, by Captain Hook and simply Peter) is the titular protagonist of Disney's 14th full-length animated feature film and series that has the same name and Return to Never Land.
He is a young boy who lives on the island of Never Land. He has a pixie named Tinker Bell who is his best friend and sidekick and is the current leader of the Lost Boys. He spends most days going on adventures and battling the notorious Captain Hook.
He was voiced by the late Bobby Driscoll in the original film, and later on by Blayne Weaver onwards. In the Japanese dub from the movie, he was voiced by Mitsuo Iwata, Masumi Goto, and Yu Hayashi.
Before his story began, Peter Pan met Tinker Bell while trying to steal the tooth of a shark. He had planned to do this by rowing out on a small boat and knocking the shark out cold with his oar - but the shark was bigger than he anticipated and it bit his boat in half. Peter had not yet learned to fly, and so Tinker Bell taught him then and there to save him from the shark.
In the beginning, the narrator mentions that Peter Pan chose the Darling family house, because he states that they believed in them. After Mr and Mrs Darling leave for a dinner party, Peter Pan and Tinker Bell arrive at their house, looking for his shadow. When Peter flies into the house, he and Tinker Bell try to get it back. When they wake up the children, he teaches them how to fly with happy thoughts and pixie dust. He is able to make the children fly. When they fly out of the house, they pass the tower of Big Ben. Peter points to the second star to the right, the way to Neverland. When they arrive in Never Land, they get ambushed by Captain Hook's crew, firing cannons at them.
During the ambush, he lands in the jungle after the Lost Boys are warned by Tinker Bell that a "Wendy bird" is approaching, and Peter instructed to shoot it down. Peter Pan thinks that Tinker Bell is guilty by making the Lost Boys shoot down Wendy, and banishes her. He convinces John to be the leader of the Lost Boys and they get captured by the Indian natives. Peter then rescues Tiger Lily from Captain Hook after meeting the mermaids who ambush Wendy. When he rescues the captive, he brings her to the chief and they all celebrate. After discovering where his hideout is via Tinker Bell, Captain Hook plans to get rid of him with a time bomb, pretending it is a gift from Wendy.
When Hook's gift explodes, Peter Pan looks for Tinker Bell, who tried to warm him, under the crumbling debris. After bringing her back by telling her how much she means to him, he and Tinker Bell, the Lost Boys, and the Darling siblings fight Captain Hook and his crew. After the pirates flee the scene, he takes control of the Jolly Roger and brings Wendy, John, and Michael home.
Return to Never Land
In the sequel when Jane gets captured by Captain Hook, he confuses her with Wendy. However, while flying through Neverland, Jane explains she is Wendy's daughter. After several incidents, he finds that Jane doesn't believe in fairies, and that, because of this, Tinker Bells light is fading, and explains to the Lost Boys that by making Jane one of them might help her believe again. Peter Pan finds Jane and apologizes for ruining her notebook. Upon finding the treasure and getting captured by Hook and his crew, he warns Jane about Tink's light going out. After Tinker Bell is restored, Jane comes to the Jolly Rodger, and they all fight all of Captain Hook's men and trick them with the octopus. After that, Peter Pan escorts Jane back to the Darling family's house and, after breifly reuniting with Wendy, watches as Edward, Jane's father, comes home.
House of Mouse
Peter Pan makes some appearances in House of Mouse. In "Donald Wants To Fly", he teaches Donald how to fly with pixie dust.
Jake and the Never Land Pirates
Peter Pan didn't appear in the series until the episode "Peter Pan Returns". Unlike his original appearance, he is unable to fly because his shadow is missing, and without having his shadow to play with, he can no longer feel happy, and he needs happy thoughts to fly. Jake and his crew try to restore his shadow from Captain Hook
In his next appearance "Never Land Rescue", he is seen with Tinker Bell to restore the island.
In his third appearance "Battle For the Book", he is seen trying to help Jake meet Wendy and her family restore the memories of Never Land.
In Jake's Buccaneer Blast, Peter had made an appearance in one episode of this TV spin-off series.
Home video appearances
Let's Go to Disneyland Paris!
In this video, Peter Pan is a replacement of Donald Duck in the song "Following the Leader". He leads the children to a market where they are greeted by the Genie from Aladdin. They also appear trying to capture Captain Hook on the Jolly Roger.
Video game appearances
Return to Never Land
Peter Pan is a playable character in the game by Disney Interactive in association with Crawfish Interactive. He also appears in the PlayStation game of the same name.
Peter Pan appears as a downloadable costume in Disney Universe in the seven costume pack.
Peter Pan has a number of voice actors:
- Bobby Driscoll (1953)
- Blayne Weever (current)
- Chris Steele (Kingdom Hearts)
- Adam Wylie (Jake and the Never Land Pirates)
- "Cock-a-doodle-doo!!" - Peter's war cry every time he defeats Hook and his band of pirates of Never Land.
- "It must be here somewhere..." - while looking for his shadow.
- "Girls talk too much." - meeting Wendy.
- "GROW UP?!" - when Wendy says about what her mother said to her.
- "Say, that's it! Think of a wonderful thought!"
- "Yep! Just a little bit of pixie dust." - while teaching the family how to fly.
- "You can fly!"
- "C'mon, everybody! Here we go......! OFF TO NEVER LAND!" - before leading Wendy, John, and Micheal to Neverland.
- "There it is, Wendy! Second star to the right, and straight on 'till morning!" - directions to Neverland.
- "Attention!" - to his men.
- "C'mon, Wendy. I'll show you the mermaids."
- "That captain?" - during their duel with Hook at Skull Rock.
- "Well, well, a codfish on a hook." - after Hook grabbed hold of the cliff before he could fall.
- "Mr. Crocodile, do you like codfish? [The crocodile nods] YOU DO?!" - Peter to the Crocodile
- "Oh! Tiger Lily." - when Wendy warns Peter that he has to rescue Tiger Lily.
- "Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting."
- "Don't be ridiculous." - to Tink before the bomb explodes with the castle thunder.
- "Say your prayers, Hook!" - confronting James Hook.
- "A Coward?! ME?!" - when Hook call Him a coward.
- "No! I gave my word!" - Before putting the pirate flag on Hook.
- "Alright, Hook. You're fee to go, and never return." - banishing Hook.
- "Hah, you should've seen hook's face when I- [POW!!!] Ow!" - right when he was punched in the face by Jane, by a mistake.
- "You're sure not Wendy." - Peter realizing he mistook Jane Darling with Wendy
- "Come and get me you old codfish!" - Peter's taunt.
- "If you're Wendy's daughter, you're gonna love it here!" - before showing Jane the sights of Neverland.
- "Nah, she's just jealous. All girls get like that around me." - to Jane about Tinker Bell
- "Unbelievable!" - when Jane rescued him.
- "Game's Over, Hook. I win! HA!" - before putting an end to Hook.
- "You know the rules, Hook; A good captain always go down with his ship!" - Peter to Hook as the Jolly Roger sinks.
- "Wendy? (Wendy: Hello, Peter.) You changed. (Wendy: Oh, not really. Not ever.)" - not recognizing Wendy who's an adult.
- "Bye, Wendy." - Peter Pan's farewell to Wendy in the Beginning and End of Return to Neverland.
- "Well, What're we waiting for?! Here we go.....!!!" - in Epic Mickey: Power of Illusion
- His outfit bears a resemblance to Link's outfit from the Legend of Zelda series.
Rolie Polie Olie
The Bite-Sized Adventures of Sam Sandwich
Sofia the First
Sheriff Callie's Wild West
Goldie & Bear
Mickey and the Roadster Racers/Mickey Mouse Mixed-Up Adventures
Fancy Nancy Clancy
Mira, Royal Detective