|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Pico (Newgrounds) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||It doesn't matter anyway. You have failed the test of life, and I will take you all on if I must!||„|
Pico is a character depicted in a series of Flash based games created by Tom Fulp, founder of Newgrounds. Pico is one of three children (Nene and Darnell) created by Tom Fulp, and is still featured in the Newgrounds GUI and elsewhere throughout the site. He is Newgrounds' official mascot. Starting from 2006, Newgrounds celebrate a Pico Day on April 30th.
He is also the main antagonist of Week 3, but later becomes the tritagonist of Week 7 in Friday Night Funkin'.
Pico has rounded ginger hair, a green shirt, beige pants and a pair of maroon sneakers. He has distinctive white eyes with no pupils.
Pico originates from Pico's School, a point-and-click Flash game made by Newgrounds' founder Tom Fulp in 1999. Due to the games popularity at the time, Pico quickly became a fan favorite around Newgrounds.
Since then, Pico has been appointed to mascot of the site and has made other cameo appearances in many Newgrounds Flash films, games (like Friday Night Funkin') and remains a popular character to this day.
Pico is described as "popular" by his peers, being the first one to raise his hand in class, often using his words and speaking up whenever possible, showing his confident side. He is also acts quite reckless and takes action immediately during the destruction of his school. In "Pico vs. Überkids", he doesn't show any fear when faced with the gun and even shoots the gun into his mouth twice instead of just once. However, he has an aggressive and homicidal side to him, being an extremely skilled gunman and ruthlessly fighting anyone standing in his way. In each flash animation, Pico has made a lot of friends and enemies in Newgrounds, but he is willing to battle them for control of the Portal, even if it means pitting them against each other.
In Friday Night Funkin, Pico is shown to be quite loyal to his friends. This is evidenced when he refuses to kill Boyfriend after Daddy Dearest hired him to assassinate the former due to their history and instead challenges him to a rap battle. Pico shows this side of him again once he saves Girlfriend from being executed by Captain Tankman's soldiers. He then kills any other soldiers who get close in order for Boyfriend to finish his rap battle with the Captain.
- He made an appearance in Friday Night Funkin' as an antagonist with 3 different songs.
- Pico returns for Week 7's final track, "Stress". During the cutscene, he leaps down from the sky, killing the two tankmen that were holding Girlfriend at gunpoint. For the rest of the song, he guns down the rest of the tankmen army on top of the speakers while Boyfriend holds Girlfriend.
- He is described by Tankman during the cutscene as Boyfriend's "sexually ambiguous, angry little friend."
- A popular headcanon within the FNF community was that Pico is the Boyfriend's ex. This headcanon gathered so much traction that Tom Fulp, creator of Pico, tweeted jokingly that "this is Pico 2 canon," however Ninjamuffin99, developer of Friday Night Funkin' said this is a joke.
- Later on, though, he had then went back on his statement, confirming that it was in fact true on an alternate timeline.
- Therefore, it is safe to assume that Pico is straight since he's from the main timeline where he didn't meet Boyfriend, or been out with any man within his canon.
- It is speculated that Nene was his girlfriend at some point, due to different animations made on "Pico Day 2021".
- In each Flash games and movies, animators try making it took place after Pico's School.
- Pico has untreated schizophrenia, which is why he never goes anywhere without a gun.
- Pico's IQ is 127.
- In the FNF Community, Pico and Tankman are enemies, but in Newgrounds Community, they're friends.
- There is a popular fan made cutscene titled Week 7 but Pico took it Personally (Friday Night Funkin), after Pico saves Boyfriend and Girlfriend from being killed by the Tankman soldiers and Captain Tankman sarcastically asks him if there was "a school for you to shoot up". Pico then stares down at Captain, upset, and shoots him in the head with his gun, killing him. The camera zooms out and Last Goodbye from Undertale plays.