|“||We are the spark that'll light the fire that'll burn the First Order down.||„|
|~ Poe Dameron in The Last Jedi.|
|“||Hit those underbelly cannons! Every one we knock out is a world saved.||„|
|~ Poe leading the attack on Palpatine's armada.|
Poe Dameron is the tritagonist of the Star Wars sequel trilogy. He is an X-wing pilot sent on a mission by General Leia Organa. He is captured by the First Order, but is rescued by his will-be friend Finn, who needed a pilot to help him desert his post.
He is portrayed by Oscar Isaac.
Poe Dameron grew up hearing the legends of the starfighter jockeys of old, having been raised by veterans of the Rebel Alliance. Poe Dameron was born toward the explosive finale of the war between the Rebellion and the Empire at the Battle of Endor. His mother Shara, was an Alliance fighter pilot while his father, Kes served in the rebel militia. Poe was raised on Yavin 4, in a newly established colony not far from the Massassi ruins from which hosted the Rebel Alliance when they launched their fateful mission that destroyed the first Death Star.
Sometime after the death of his mother, Poe joined the Spice Runners of Kijimi, but he eventually left the group. He later joined the New Republic Fleet, where he was given the astromech droid BB-8 to help him during flights, before they both joined the Resistance. Poe became the most daring and skilled of the Resistance pilots. He rose through the ranks becoming a commander in the New Republic fleet by commanding Red and Blue Squadron and always flew with his trusted droid and friend BB-8.
Star Wars: Episode VII - The Force Awakens
Poe Dameron is an ace pilot and a leader in the Resistance's fight against the evil First Order. He soars into battle behind the controls of a modern X-wing fighter. His appetite for risk was indulged by even the most serious minded Resistance commanders, as he received spectacular results when pitted against First Order starfighter patrols. Dameron had great respect for the founders of the Resistance, particularly his idol, General Leia Organa. General Leia Organa sent Poe to Jakku, a poorly settled planet in the Western Reaches of the galaxy, where Dameron sought the elder Lor San Tekka. Tekka was an old ally of Leia and her brother, Luke Skywalker, and held information that would help save the Resistance in the coming battle.
Star Wars: Episode VIII - The Last Jedi
Poe appeared in Star Wars - Episode VIII: The Last Jedi. His actions throughout the film imply that he has a crush on Finn, as he cared for him during his coma and after. During the First Orders attack on the Resistance base he disobeyed Leias orders and destroyed the Mandator IV-class Siege Dreadnought Fulminatrix and was demoted to captain as a result. Later, his X-wing got destroyed and wanted to stage a mutiny against Amilyn Holdo, but Leia (who was recovered after she was blown to space by her son's wingmate Poldin LeHuse) stunned him and went along with evacuating the ship.
However, only 6 transports reach Crait due due to DJ, who helped Rose Tico and Finn board the Mega-class Star Dreadnought Supremacy, betraying the Resistance by revealing this to the First Order, allowing them to open fire on the transports, causing Amilyn Holdo to ram the Supremacy at lightspeed, resulting in massive casualties to the First Order and destroying 20 Resurgent-class Star Destroyers. At the end of the movie, Poe introduces himself to Rey.
Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker
Poe goes with BB-8, Finn, Chewbacca and Rey on the mission to find the Sith wayfinder that will lead to Exegol, so they can prevent the return of Emperor Palpatine and the Sith. After Leia dies, he becomes the new general of the Resistence. Poe then lead the Resistance to Exegol to battle against the Sith Eternal forces, including the Final Order. During the battle, Poe was about to lose until Lando arrived with the citizens' fleet and wiped out the Sith Star Destroyers. He, along with the rest of the Resistance, return to their base to celebrate the victory against Sidious and the Sith Eternal.
- In between The Last Jedi and The Rise of Skywalker, Leia sent Poe and his squadron to search and improve the galactic communications between the Resistance and its allies, in order to get reinforcements and avoid that the same situation that happened during the Battle of Crait occur again.
- While Poe may not be interested in the Force, he can be impressed by demonstrations of its use as when Luke Skywalker and his apprentice, Rey, show their powers.
- In one of the Star Wars Adventures comics, he takes Rey on a X-wing flying training run just like he did with another Resistance member, Kazuda Xiono, in Star Wars Resistance.
- Poe Dameron has similarities to Han Solo. They are both great but reckless pilots, they have a criminal past, they become military generals, they have a memorable sidekick and they are main characters with no sensitivity to the Force.
- The National Air and Space Museum, Smithsonian Institution announced that Poe's X-wing used in filming of The Rise of Skywalker will be in display at the museum in 2022.