|“||Life endures. It adjusts and grows stronger. The weeds you try to kill become super-weeds, immune to your poison. And so you increase your toxins and poison the world in a cycle of madness. I call it forth, the power of the plants, even from the terminator seeds that should not grow. I am the guardian of the Green. I am Poison Ivy.||„|
|~ Poison Ivy.|
Poison Ivy is a character and currently an anti-heroine from DC Comics, A former botalogist, Pamela was mutated in an metahuman with the capabilities to control plants at will, and vowed to protect the green from humanity.
She was created by the late Robert Kanigher, and the late Sheldon Moldoff.
Pamela was born to unnamed parents, and was born with a skin condition that left her with an aversion to sunlight. Despite being prescribe with a lotion by a doctor, her abusive father wouldn't allow her to got outside. On one occasion, when her mother let her outside, her father gave her a black eye, but acted as if nothing happened. Pamela spoke with her mother, who told her she loved to garden, as if they spoke back to her when she was really quiet.
Despite the abuse continuing, every time her father hit her mother, he would buy flowers for forgiveness, and her garden would grow. Pamela realized that flowers could manipulate people, but her mother would be killed by her father, and buried under the garden, where her body replenish the plants. Pamela was sent to live with a relative father her father was trailed for committing domestic violence and murder.
In college, Pamela created designer drugs, poring pheromone into pills to study the effects, but she was expelled and place into jail. However, she had use to the pills on the dean, and was let go, and graduated Summa Cum Laude. She visited her father in prison, killing him with a toxic kiss, as he was found dead the next morning. The dean secured Pamela a job at Wayne Enterprises in the R&D apartment, and she later became a research assistant there.
After an accident turned into the criminal known as Poison Ivy, Pamela was more an extremist willing to protect the earth from humanity and to be precisely pollution, Even after doing criminal activities Poison Ivy, was not without her redeeming qualities, she help Batman and the community of Gotham during the events of No Man's Land and most recently tried to stop the Dark Knights and (Albeit unknow to her) being a pawn from Barbatos.
Even she has saved Harley Quinn (her best friend) from the Joker and other homicidal maniacs who try to attack her. She also started to regret the lives she had taken, and causing the death of Batman, having him be revived. Pamela became focus on saving nature and the green, but saving humanity by making them be peaceful people.
While a extremist, Poison Ivy is more recently an anti-heroine than villain, she can be respectful and honorable if they help her well.
To his enemy, She can be seductive, inescrupulous and flirtatious, and villainess like Harley Quinn, has fallen to her charm, overall and given the hard life she has taken, Poison Ivy is more mellowed to her few friends and enemies.
Powers and Abilities =
- Chlorokinesis: Semi-mystical connection to the plant world through a force called the Green. Ivy can cause plants of all kinds to grow at a rapid rate simply by commanding them to do so, and can manipulate and animate them as she wishes. On one occasion she used roots to form supports for a tunnel, and once controlled an entire tree to come down on Clayface, ensnaring him in its branches. She once brought a whole skyscraper down with giant vines. Ivy's control over plant life is on a global scale; she was once able to manipulate the entire planet's vegetation in order to make humanity submissive to her will.
- Pheromone Control: Ivy is able to secrete pheromones from her skin that can cause men and women alike to become infatuated with her, making them subservient to her every will. However, even without the pheromones, her beauty is still an asset that can she can use to seduce.
- Regeneration: Ivy can regenerate her limbs as plants regenerate their branches.
- Toxikinesis: A deliberate overdose of plant and animal based toxins into her blood stream that make her touch deadly. Ivy can create the most potently powerful floral toxins in Gotham City. Often these are secreted from her lips and administered via a kiss. They come in a number of varieties, from mind-controlling drugs to instantly fatal necrotics. Her skin is toxic as well, although contact with it is usually not fatal.
- Toxic Immunity: Immunity to all toxins, bacteria, and viruses.
- Decelerated Aging: Due to having her DNA mutated into a plant-like capabilities basing on solar energy, she will live longer and aged slower than regular humans, as long as she maintain absorbing enough solar energy.
- Botany: Dr. Isley was a renowned scientist with a career in Gotham City. She has always had a fascination with plants and they've been the major direction in her life both before and after her accident. Her knowledge of botany allows her to better manipulate her plants.
- Toxicology: Pamela's specialization in Botany was Toxicology, at first she used her knowledge for perfumes, make-up and medicine. After her accident, she used her knowledge to grow thorny plants and poisonous traps for her enemies.
- Genetics: Isley has an extensive knowledge of Genetics and was even able to splice plant and human DNA, creating hybrids she referred to as "sporelings".
- Seduction: Pamela Isley has always been a beautiful woman but she never used her looks or talents for personal gain until she became Poison Ivy. She taunts her trapped opponents with their human desires and can infatuate thugs to her cause through her pheromones and plants, or through her own means.
- Hand-to-Hand Combat (Basic): Poison Ivy's athletic abilities have grown over the course of her career. She has learned a limited style of martial arts fighting, is proficient at climbing and leaping, and is a strong and fast swimmer.
- Vulnerability to Darkness: Poison Ivy requires substantial amounts of solar energy to live.
- Mental Illness: Poison Ivy has been committed to Arkham Asylum on a regular basis. She speaks to her plants, feels extreme rage towards humanity (particularly males) and at a certain point sought out the destruction of the human race so only she and her plants would live. She has also been described by both herself and Batgirl as having "seasonal affective disorder", a mental condition that causes her emotions to change with the seasons, from manic (spring) to euphoric (summer) to apathetic (autumn) to depressed (winter).
- Template:Skin Condition Template:Formerly: Ever since she was a child, Isley had a skin condition that prevented her from going into direct sunlight without the proper lotion on. This condition most likely went away when she became Poison Ivy, as a requirement to avoid direct sunlight is counter-intuitive to her need to be around plants, and she developed various immunities
- In the Arkham series, Poison Ivy becomes a hero by sacrificing her life to stop Scarecrow.