This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||At your service, my queen!||„|
Pollen is one of the tetartagonists of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir, and the kwami that is connected to the Bee Miraculous and with her power, its wearer can use the hair comb to transform into a bee-themed superhero, the current wearer being Zoé Lee after Queen Bee was expelled from the French Miraculous superhero team for her betrayal.
She was voiced by Emmylou Homs for Season 2 and currently Clara Soares for Season 3-onward in the French Version and Cassandra Lee Morris for Seasons 2-3 and currently Lauren Landa for Season 4 onwards in the English version.
Pollen is a small bee-like creature with black stripes, a stinger at the rear, and two black antennae on her head. Her eyes are golden with blue scleroses.
She is very polite and proper, referring to Chloé (and later Zoe) as "my queen" and Tikki and Plagg as the 'noble kwamis of creation and destruction', respectively. She is also very submissive and willing to take orders without complaint, such as transforming Chloe into Queen Bee in public, even though it would cost the latter her secret identity. Later, she is willing to help Marinette save Tikki and Plagg from Kwamibuster. Despite this, she isn't afraid to speak out when she finds it necessary, as she tries to convince Chloe not to use her powers for evil by joining Hawkmoth. After Chloé's defeat and expulsion from the Miraculous superhero team, Pollen is shown to be saddened and heartbroken by her wielder's betrayal.
Like all kwamis, Pollen can fly, levitate, phase through solid objects, and carry things that are bigger and/or heavier than her.
Pollen can transform the holder of her Miraculous into a bee-themed superhero by going inside their Miraculous.
As a kwami, Pollen gives the wearer the power of subjection and transforms them into a bee-themed superhero with the Bee Miraculous. Although unable to communicate to the wearer while they are transformed, Pollen usually knows what is going on during that time. Whenever the wearer uses Venom, Pollen begins losing power and eventually can't retain the transformation any longer, leaving the hair comb and reverting the wearer back to normal. Pollen is exhausted and out of energy afterwards, so to be able to transform the wearer again, she must refuel by eating food.
Thousands of years prior to the series, Pollen and the other Kwamis traveled the universe, unable to interact with any creatures, particularly humans. This was until a mage forged the Miraculouses, so Pollen and the others could both interact with mankind and grant them the ability to transform into heroes; Pollen and the Bee Miraculous able to give a person the ability to grant other people superpowers.
In "Strike Back", Félix summons Ladybug's yo-yo, allowing his uncle to steal Pollen's Miraculous and other of the Miracle Box (minus the Ladybug and Cat).
- Pollen is the first kwami to be akumatized (indirectly via her Miraculous holder).
- In concept art, her eyes had neither pupils nor irises, only her blue sclerae, and her sclerae were much darker.
- In "Sandboy", she calls Tiki and Plagg "the noble kwamis of creation and destruction".
- She share same English Voice Actress with Sabrina Raincomprix in Season 2.
- She is the kwami of subjection.
- In "Heart Hunter (The Battle of the Miraculous - Part 1)", she becomes the third kwami being used for evil by her holder without an akuma, following Nooroo and Duusu.
- Her English voice actress, Cassandra Lee Morris, also voiced Ritsu Tainaka in K-ON!, Leafa in Sword Art Online series, Tsurara Oikawa in Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan, Sue Morris and Benio Adashino, Sue Morris in Doraemon, Benio Adashino in Twin Star Exorcists and Leif in Amphibia.
- Her second English voice actress, Lauren Landa, also voiced Merlin in The Seven Deadly Sins, Mio Naruse in Shinmai Maou no Testament, Litchi Faye-Ling in Blazblue: Calamity Trigger, Robin in Fire Emblem, Kasumi in Dead Or Alive, Xenovia Quarta in High School DxD, Annie Leonhart in Attack on Titan, Bulla in Dragon Ball Z, Kyoko Sakura in Puella Magi Madoka Magica, Juno in Beastars, Sailor Neptune in Sailor Moon Crystal (Viz Dub)
- She shares same second English Voice actress with Sabrina Raincomprix/Miss Hound and Stompp.