Inkling founded the Octonauts to promote marine research and preservation. Aside from being their founder, Inkling is also their oceanography expert. However, he rarely ever goes out on missions because of his delicate, big brain. Instead, he prefers to help the team from his library in the Octopod.
Inkling is almost always in his 3 chairs: his small chair in H.Q., his large can in the launch bay, and his chair in his library. He will sometimes walk around though, but it isn't seen quite often.
Just like Tweak, who sleeps where she works, it's believed that the same can be said for Inkling. He too appears to live and sleep where he works, which is the Octopod library. He is apparently the oldest Octonaut. Professor Inkling is the founder of the Octonauts. He does help the Octonauts on the missions with the use of his library.
- Squirt, Inkling's nephew a young Dumbo Octopus
- Irving, Inkling's cousin the Giant Squid
Pink with eight tentacle arms, head flaps that resemble ears, and a white muzzle. Normally seen wearing a monocle and a blue bow-tie attached to a white collar.
- Top Hat
- Tentacle suit
- "I got it! (while opening a book) it's right in this book, the water was polluted which is causing too much algae to grow, which is making creatures sick! (announces then pauses) Ha ha! (lowers his voice) What? Did I miss something?" (Octonauts and the Great Algae Escape)
- "If a storm is big above water, it can be just as big as below water, too." (Octonauts and the Undersea Storm)
- "Captain, I don't usually go out on missions, but today my friends and family need me." (Octonauts and the Great Christmas Rescue)
- "Let me take a look through my books and see what I can find out." (Octonauts and the Oarfish)
- Colossal Squid
- An Octopus
- Mimic Octopus
- Min the Mapmaker
Rolie Polie Olie
Special Agent Oso
The Bite Sized Adventures of Sam Sandwich
Sofia the First
Fancy Nancy Clancy
Mira, Royal Detective