This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||For it is in passing that we achieve immortality. Through this, we become a paragon of virtue and glory to rise above all. Infinite in distance and unbound by death, I release your soul, and by my shoulder, protect thee.||„|
|~ Pyrrha, to Jaune.|
|~ Pyrrha's most common quote.|
|“||Do you believe in destiny?||„|
|~ Pyrrha to Cinder, last words before her death.|
|“||I know this can be frustrating and it can feel like so much effort to progress such a small amount, but I want you to know that I'm proud of you. I've never met someone so determined to better themselves. You've grown so much since we started training. And I know this is just the beginning. Jaune, I-I... I want you to know that I'm just happy to be a part of your life. I'll always be here for you, Jaune.||„|
|~ Pyrrha in her training video to Jaune.|
Pyrrha Nikos is a major character in the RWBY franchise, serving as a deuteragonist in the American animated webseries RWBY, its Japanese manga prequel/adaptation. She was a student at Beacon Academy and a member of Team JNPR with incredible combat prowess.
She was voiced by Jen Brown, who also voiced Carolina in Red vs Blue.
Pyrrha is a very tall, muscular girl with fair skin and extremely long red hair that she commonly wears in a ponytail. She has green eyes, which she often compliments with green eye shadow. She wears an armored brown and gold overbust corset, red mini-skirt, red sash with brown belt, elbow-length brown gloves, bronze greaves and a bracer, and browm heeled boots. She wears various accessories such as a gold plate bearing her emblem on her waist, a gold circlet with green gemstones, a bronze bracelet, and a bronze gorget.
- See Pyrrha Nikos (RWBY Chibi)
RWBY: Ice Queendom
RWBY: Amity Arena
Pyrrha appeared as a character in the defunct mobile video game RWBY: Amity Arena. She served as the tutorial character, walking the player through the controls and types of units, as well as the story mode.
In the game's primary multiplayer mode, Pyrrha appeared as several units. the standard Pyrrha unit was a ground-based melee unit that dealt damage to nearby enemies with her spear, and as a special ability could throw her shield for a powerful long-range attack. The Rifle Pyrrha unit was a long-range unit that fired at enemies from afar, keeping her distance while dealing damage. The Pomegrenade unit teamed Pyrrha with Nora Valkyrie, launching Nora into the air to deal extreme damage to the selected area.
|“||Pyrrha thought that if there was even the smallest chance of helping someone, then it was a chance worth taking. And because of that, she died fighting a battle she knew she couldn’t win.||„|
|~ Ruby telling Oscar about Pyrrha's death.|
Pyrrha is incredibly kind and supportive, always greeting others with a smile and doing anything in her power to aid them with whatever troubles they are having. She is incredibly selfless and modest, preferring to underplay her own skills and popularity to instead focus on her loyalty and interest towards her friends and allies. She especially enjoys helping others progress, and will often enjoy watching or even teaching others to better themselves.
Because of her celebrity status, she found it difficult to interact with others , as they woul always priase her or even avoid her out of fear that she was too good for them. This upset Pyrrha greatly, as she just wanted to be seen as on par with others and not have them priase or objectify her, which she accomplished with her frineds in Team JNPR and Team RWBY.
Pyrrha holds strong ethical beliefs, and will support them in any regard. She will often risk herself for the greater good, and despite being a quick thinker and strategist, will always think through the ethics of an action before performing it. This dedication to her morality has lead her to hesitate and even struggle with her sense of duty, and she is prone to sadness and crying when overwhelmed with the conflicting ethics of a decision, always wodering if she did the right thing.
While Pyrrha is often an optimistic and cheerful person, she is known to become incredibly angry at bullies and villains, though she knows how to keep her anger in check.
Powers and Abilities
Pyrrha is a master combatant, utilizing her vast knowledge of combat strategy and opponents' weaknesses to excel in fights. She uses advanced martial arts and acrobatics to perform incredibly fast and varied attacks.
She is also a master marksman, able to throw her weapon Miló, in spear form, so precisely that it can pierce a person's hood to a tree, while they are in motion, hundreds of feet in the distance. She can also use Miló's rifle mode for more ranged attacks, which she is again a master marksman. She also knows how to utilize her shield, Akoúo̱, for both solid defense and both melee and ranged attacks. Pyrrha is also extremely strong, able to smash down trees with her shield and propel others into the air.
Pyrrha possesses a Semblance, a power unique to her drawn from her soul. Her Semblance, called Polarity, allows her to control metal via magnetism. She can use this to propel her own weapons, as well as move or restrain opponents' or allies' weapons or armor, capable of propelling a person through the air. She can also use it to control metal in her environment, usually to use as projectiles. During combat, she uses her Semblance sparingly in order to keep her opponents off-guard and provide them with little information on her abilities.
Like all creatures with a soul, Pyrrha also has possesses an Aura, a physical defense generated by her soul. This durable field is invisible except when it is overtaxed, where it flashes red. Her Aura defends her from attack and can even heal minor wounds, but if it takes too much damage it will become depleted and require time to return.
Additionally, Pyrrha is incredibly intelligent, both with combat strategy and general studies. She aided Jaune in his combat training, and was already knowledgeable about Funus biology and world history even before coming to Beacon.
- Pyrrha alludes to Achilles from Greek mythology.
- "Pyrrha" was the alias Achilles took on while disguised as a woman.
- Pyrrha is beleived to be an invincible , incredibly skilled warrior, like Achilles.
- Moments before her death, Pyrrha's ankle is shot with an arrow, which was how Achilles was killed.
- "Pyrrha" is derived from the Greek adjective purrhos (πυρρός), which means 'flame colored'. 'Nikos' (Νίκος), meaning 'victor of the people', is derived from the Greek Nike, who is the Goddess of Victory.
- Her first and last name together could be taken to refer to a Pyrrhic victory, meaning a tactical victory that comes at such extreme cost it is often seen as a strategic defeat.
- She has appeared on the front of the box for a cereal called "Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes." Although she tells Jaune and Weiss that it was "pretty cool," she laments that the cereal is unhealthy.
- After the death of Pyrrha in RWBY, Jen Brown posted a heartfelt message to her fans on her Twitter: "To start let me just say it has been a true honor to play such a vibrant character. Playing Pyrrha meant the absolute world to me and getting to see how much she meant to many of you as well means a lot. The entire Rooster Teeth team and RWBY crew deserves so much praise for how beautifully the show was handled. I have known from the minute I was cast 3 years ago that this would be Pyrrha's fate. It was Monty's intention from the start. And although it is kind of a relief to no longer have to keep it to myself, I am very sad that her journey has come to an end. Watching that final scene was beyond emotional for me. When you've invested so much into a character it is hard to let them go. Most importantly I thank Monty. I miss him every day and thank him for trusting me with Pyrrha. Monty also intended for me to play other roles after Pyrrha's exit and although I have no further details right now... I fully trust that Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross will stay true to his wishes and have me back as someone new. I love those guys. I end by giving my heartfelt gratitude to you the viewer. You guys are seriously the best. And for the last time, I'm sorry! Oh yeah, and also... Long live Lisa Lavender!!!"