|This hero was proposed but was rejected by the community for not being admirable enough or lacks what is necessary to be a purely good hero. Therefore, this hero shall be added to our "Never Again List", where proposed heroes rejected by the community shall be placed to prevent future proposals of the same do-gooder. They can be proposed again (with the permission of an administrator) if new elements appear in their series that can change their status as non-PG heroes.|
Any act of adding this hero to the Pure Good category without a proposal or creating a proposal for this hero without the permission of an administrator will result in a ban.
|“||Wan: If you and Vaatu has the same fight every ten thousand years, why isn't one of you destroy the other?
Raava: He cannot destroy light any more than I can destroy darkness. One cannot exist without the other. Even if I defeat Vaatu in this encounter, darkness will grow inside me until he emerges again. The same will hold true if Vaatu defeats me.
|~ Raava, regarding that light and darkness (symbolizing good and evil) cannot exist without the other.|
|“||Vaatu cannot win. Do not give in to ten thousand years of darkness. You are the Avatar.||„|
|~ Raava encouraging Korra to keep on fighting.|
Raava is the supporting character of The Legend of Korra. She is the spirit of peace and light and, after fusing with Wan, the Avatar Spirit. Likewise, she is one of the oldest known spirits, having existed over ten thousand lifetimes before the appearance of the first humans. Raava's fusion with Wan is what created the Avatar spirit and allows the Avatar to wield all four elements. She Battles her counterpart once every ten thousand years, unless either one of them was permanently contained, light and darkness cannot exist without each other. Even if one of them wins the victor can't destroy the other, as their counterpart will emerge from within their self again after ten thousand years.
In some ways, Vaatu share some similarities with Anu from Diablo series.
- Both are trapped with a battle with their dark equivalent(Vaatu for Raava and Tathamet for Anu).
- Both Raava and Anu represent Light and Peace
- Both Raava and Anu are the first beings to exist in their respective franchises
- Both Raava and Anu can move their essences into something else
Differences with Anu
- Raava can ressurect herself after being destroyed, while Anu cannot, as Anu's essence split into Angels with he's positive aspects becoming Imperius, Tyrael, Auriel, Malthael and Ithreal, and the rest of it's essence transformed into Heaven since his destruction.
- Raava and Vaatu are separate entities, while Anu and Tahthamet used to be one single being due to Tathtamet's true nature was embodiment of all negative inside Anu.
- Raava and Anu's final fate after their conflict with their dark counterpart was very different. Raava merged her essence with Wan creating the first Avatar, Anu and Tathamet effectively destroyed each other, though their separated essence still fought each other.