This Article Contains Spoilers - WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||What'd I say? Ten. Seconds. Flat. I'd never leave Ponyville hangin'.||„|
|~ Rainbow Dash|
Rainbow Dash is one of the seven main protagonists in My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. She is a sky blue Pegasus with a rainbow colored mane and tail. She is one of the main deuteragonists of My Little Pony: The Movie, a supporting character in My Little Pony: Equestria Girls and a minor character in Rainbow Rocks.
She's responsible for maintaining and clearing the skies in Ponyville. She is also a huge admirer of The Wonderbolts and dreams of joining their flying group. She represents the element of loyalty. She has a pet tortoise named Tank which is introduced in May the Best Pet Win!.
In Generation 3, she was voiced by Venus Terzo and Anna Cummer. In Friendship is Magic, she is voiced by Ashleigh Ball, who also voiced Applejack.
She has a sky-blue body, magenta eyes, and a rainbow-striped mane and tail.
Very loyal, cocky, boastful (sometimes), arrogant (sometimes),, brash (sometimes), impatient, but selfless and compassionate.
Rainbow Dash was the first in her class to get her cutie mark. She tells the Cutie Mark Crusaders in The Cutie Mark Chronicles the story of how she got her cutie mark. Her story is set in summer flight camp, where she defends Fluttershy from a pair of bullies, who refer to Rainbow Dash as "Rainbow Crash". Hoops, one of the bullies already has their cutie marks, where Dash and Fluttershy do not. Dash challenges the two bullies to a flying Pegasus race, and in the ensuing contest she discovers her passion for speed and for "winning", in her words. Going through the race course, she performs her very first sonic rainboom, not only gaining her own cutie mark, but also inadvertently setting in motion the events that would cause Fluttershy and her future Ponyville friends to gain their own cutie marks.
Powers and Abilities
- Pegasus Physiology: Rainbow Dash is a pegasus who is responsible for maintaining the weather and clearing the skies in Ponyville.
- Fly: A standard pegasus ability.
- Supersonic Fly: Rainbow demonstrated remarkable speed and agility in the air, Rainbow Dash has proven herself to be a capable and accomplished flier.
- Weather Manipulation: Rainbow Dash has demonstrated her ability to manipulate the weather numerous times. She clears the skies of Ponyville of clouds "in ten seconds flat", dispersing the clouds by kicking them. She leads water droplets out of a cloud, and creates a rainbow above her when the droplets splash against her. She teams up with other Pegasus ponies to create a whirlwind that sucks away clouds and snow from Ponyville, and she creates a tornado to vacuum the parasprites.
- Sonic Rainboom: This stunt is performed when Rainbow Dash flies up to the sky and flies down at speed, then releasing a a vibrantly-colored ring that expands from the point of the sonic rainboom's occurrence accompanied by a shockwave and a rainbow wake trailing behind it.
Loyalty Embodiment: Rainbow Dash possess the element of loyalty.
|“||I know the world can get you down. Things don't work out quite the way that you thought. Feeling all like your best days are done. Your fears and doubts are all you've got. But there's a light shining deep inside. Beneath those fears and doubts. So just squash 'em. And let shine for all the world to see. That it is time yeah, time to be awesome. Don't let them rob you of who you are. Be awesome, it's all up to you.||„|
|~ Rainbow Dash|
- In the Season 6 episode Newbie Dash, Rainbow Dash finally gets her dream and becomes a Wonderbolt.
- Rainbow Dash makes a cameo as a toy in Transformers 4: Age of Extinction.
- Rainbow Dash is the only member of of the Mane Six to not have any siblings.
- Rainbow Dash and Fluttershy are childhood friends who grew up in the same city.
- Flight to the Finish and Parental Glideance are the only episodes in which Rainbow Dash appears without any of the other Mane Six.