This Hero was proposed and approved by Heroes Wiki's Pure Good Proposals Thread. Any act of removing this hero from the category without a Removal Proposal shall be considered vandalism (or a "villainous" attempt to demonize said character) and the user will have high chances of being
|“||I just wanna see the floating lanterns gleam!||„|
|~ Rapunzel singing "I've Got A Dream."|
|“||It looks like you two could use a lift. Here, climb on up!||„|
|~ Meeting Sofia the First and Amber, before lending them to climb up her hair.|
|“||Do you have magic hair?||„|
|~ Rapunzel to Vanellope von Schweetz in Ralph Breaks the Internet.|
Rapunzel is the main protagonist of Disney's Tangled franchise. She is based on the famous fairy tale character of the same name.
She is voiced by the singer, Mandy Moore (who also voiced Nita in Brother Bear 2 and Mara in Tron: Uprising), while Delaney Rose Stein voiced her as a child in the movie, then while Ivy George voiced her as a child in the TV series, then by Kelsey Lansdowne in Kingdom Hearts III and Disney Comics in Motion.
She is the tenth Disney Princess; she carries her signature blonde hair, which is 70 feet long, which has a magical ability that can both heal and reverse aging when she recites a special incantation. She is the tenth Disney Princess in the official lineup.
Rapunzel is a spirited, smart, clever, kind, goofy, playful, and a very adventurous girl in her late teens, though a bit naive. However, she is not afraid to stand up for herself or others when the situation calls for bravery. Having spent all of her life isolated in a tower with little else to do, she is proficiently educated in literature, and talented in almost all areas such as music and baking and even more advanced subjects like astronomy, as illustrated by her completely charted astronomical patterns. Her greatest passion is art, as indicated by the pervasive amount of painting on the walls inside the tower. While she longs to see the world beyond her window, she is very obedient to Mother Gothel. Despite having ambivalent feelings after leaving her tower in excitement to finally see the world, she confronts and rebels against Mother Gothel's wish of her returning to the tower after a short journey with Flynn Rider. She is quite daring, leaping from tall cliffs and swinging great lengths. She is completely immune to Flynn's so-called charms and has little tolerance for his antics, which usually results in her utilizing the pan against Flynn. She is also very charismatic; able to influence a group of pub thugs to share their dreams and convince Maximus, the palace steed of the Captain, to postpone his pursuit of Flynn until she fulfills her dream on her birthday (which is heavily emphasized). Rapunzel is also known, particularly by Pascal, to be quite trustworthy and never ever breaks the promises she makes.
She is very determined to accomplish her dream of seeing the floating lights, even strong-arming Flynn into going along with her plan and passing any other obstacle along the way, as well as tricking Gothel into making her beloved mother travel for three days to get a white paint for her birthday (of course, to buy some time). Although she initially feared that the dream of seeing those lights may not meet her expectation and that there would be no other means to pursue in life after that dream has been fulfilled, Rapunzel is able to overcome those fears by having Flynn's support and belief that a new dream will emerge in place of the fulfilled one. Rapunzel is also rebellious, tough, and courageous, as seen with the thugs.
Nevertheless, Rapunzel has some flaws as person, that even end up making her capable of doing unintentional harm to others, like being irresponsible regarding the situation of others. For example, in "Queen for a Day", she chose to not visit Varian immediately after the storm to help him with his problem out of fear of him, ignoring his predicament for months. Also, her naivety has caused her to be insensitive towards other and their feelings at times, like in "Challenge of the Brave" when he failed to understand how important the tournament was for Cassandra and ended up overshadowed her, harming her self-esteem in the process. She can also act prideful and self-righteous in some circumstances, like in "Rapunzel and the Great Tree" when she had some serious arguments with Cassandra over the distrust of the latter in Adira, and Rapunzel blatantly considered Cassandra point of view wrong and hers right, forcing her to obey, and even ignoring her advice during the battle against Hector, preferring to use her own tactics rather than listen to her protector.
Rapunzel is 17 years old during the film and is considered a beauty. She has fair skin with a light tint of blush to it and is mostly known for her golden blonde hair which in length is around 70 feet, though her hair is naturally brown, like her parents'. The hair is noticeably shiny, like satin. Rapunzel also has light freckles, mostly around her nose, as well as large, bright green eyes, and a playful smile.
Rapunzel's dress is a traditional German dress called the "Dirndl", with a longer skirt than a normal Dirndl dress would sport, and her dress also has a purple theme, with a pink accent. The dress itself consists of a lavender corset top laced with a pink ribbon. The skirt is purple and decorated with swirl designs, in pink, dark purple and white. She also wears a white petticoat underneath. The skirt's hemline is above her ankles, but well below her calves. Her sleeves, at the top, are puffed and striped, pink and lavender, and the rest, is a pale, baby pink, with white lace at the end. Rapunzel does not wear shoes, preferring to go barefoot.
Rapunzel's homecoming dress has white lacing on the neckline and the sleeves and has a pink bodice that has swirly patterns on it and a corset lacing at the back. The skirt is purplish-pink with similar patterns that are found on her old dress.
Powers and abilities
Through the Sun Stone
- Regeneration & Healing: Supposedly channeling the power of the sun itself, once Rapunzel's hair is in contact with a living being, the hair scans the body for damage & reconstructs it on a cellular level as well as reverses aging to a certain degree. The subject must physically be in contact with the hair in order for the magic to work when the special song begins; her hair also emits a glowing golden yellow light when the magic activates. It is unknown if Rapunzel's body has the sun's regeneration abilities as well. It is observed that her power could still be channeled through her tears even after her hair has seemingly completely lost the magic. It may be that the actual source of energy is in her heart, and as such will only activate and supply when love is involved. However, another interpretation is that channeling her power through her tears was actually releasing the drop of sunlight that created the magical flower which gave Rapunzel her astounding abilities of healing and life.
- Superhuman Prehensile Hair: Rapunzel's hair also possesses a limited prehensile ability: grappling and grabbing objects that easily outweigh herself without straining or hurting in any way. She revealed that her hair would turn brown should it be cut, and such an act also warrants an immediate loss of magic. However, as mentioned above, the powers remain in her tears.
- Peak-Female Strength: Rapunzel also has superhuman strength to a lesser degree; swinging from one cliff to another and suspending herself in the air using the leverage of her hair as well as hoisting Gothel up into the tower day after day, to her amazement. Additionally, her hair appeared almost weightless whenever she carried it; needless to say, a normal person cannot, by any means, perform any of the stunts done by Rapunzel with this much hair. Considering the extraordinary amount of hair, she had shown a great deal of agility and dexterity with her hair, such as climbing to high altitudes, jumping off such without much effort, and running just as fast as Flynn, who was a professional thief and does not possess the same amount of hair as Rapunzel did.
- Superhuman Adaptation: Like Ariel, Rapunzel has shown high adaptability; she took roughly two seconds to adjust to the environment of the world. Additionally, she was once trapped in an underwater cave and seemingly was able to swim, which is humanly impossible because she was never taught to. Viewed in this light, such an effort was a once-off ability.
- King Frederic (father)
- Queen Arianna (mother)
- Willow (aunt)
- Mother Gothel (foster mother; deceased)
- Eugene Fitzherbert (husband)
- King Edmound (father-in-law)
- Queen Alexis (mother-in-law; deceased)
- Zhan Tiri (deceased)
- Mother Gothel (deceased)
- The Stabbington Brothers (formerly)
- The Captain of the Guards (formerly)
- Maximus (briefly)
- Corona's royal guards (formerly)
- Varian (formerly)
|“||Don't be afraid, Mr. Frog. You're safe now. Here. It's yours. It's a gift (the chameleon changes to purple) (giggles) (Pascal laughs, too.) You're all alone, huh? (...) So am I... most of the time. If you want, you can stay with me, and neither of us will be alone forever.||„|
|~ Meeting Pascal.|
|“||No! You were wrong about the world! And you were wrong about me! And I will never let you use my hair AGAIN!!||„|
|~ Rapunzel standing up to Gothel after she discovers her true nature.|
|“||(Eugene: You were my new dream.) And you were mine.||„|
|~ Rapunzel and Eugene confessing their feelings for each before the latter dies and is revived by Rapunzel's tear.|
|“||Piece of cake? Uh, did you see the 70ft of "My father's going to kill me" growing from head?||„|
|~ To Cassandra after her hair comes back to gold blonde 70ft.|
|“||♫I got the wind in my hair! And a fire within, because there's something beginning! I got a mystery to solve in excitement despair! That beautiful breeze blowing through, I'm ready to follow it, who knows where? And I'll get there, I swear! With the wind in my hair...!!!♫||„|
|~ Singing with joy at the end of "Tangled Before Ever after".|
|“||It's not like I ASKED to be taken by my parents by a madwoman. And all Gothel ever wanted from me was my hair. She didn't LOVE me! She didn't love either of us!||„|
|~ Rapunzel trying to tell Cassandra Gothel never loved both of them|
|“||Evil women pretending to be my mother, I can handle. Evil princesses, I'm not so sure.||„|
|~ Having no idea how to help Sofia and Amber.|
|“||OH, so you stole it? (Amber: [sighs] Yes, I did. And I though giving it back would undo the curse but it didn't work.) Well, I know a Thief, once. And he had a LOT of bad deeds to make up for.||„|
|~ Rapunzel to Amber|
|“||And now for the million-dollar question: Do people assume ALL your problems got solved because a big strong man showed up? (Vanellope von Schweetz: YES! What is up with that?!) SHE IS A PRINCESS!||„|
|~ In Ralph Breaks the Internet.|
|“||Best outfit ever!||„|
|~ Liking Vanellope's outfit.|
|~ Hailing Vanellope; the Queen of Comfy|
|“||Why don't you give it a try? What is it you really want; sing about that.||„|
|~ To Vanellope during the slumber party.|
|“||Look up there! It's a big, strong man in need of rescuing!||„|
|~ Rapunzel before rescuing Ralph with the other princesses.|
- Rapunzel is Disney's first CGI princess in the Disney Princess line-up.
- Rapunzel's dress was originally green.
- Kristen Chenoweth was originally cast as Rapunzel, before Mandy Moore got the role
- Natalie Portman, Kristen Bell, and Idina Menzel, Reese Witherspoon, were considered for the role of Rapunzel.
Rolie Polie Olie
The Bite Sized Adventures of Sam Sandwich
Sofia the First
Fancy Nancy Clancy
Mira, Royal Detective
Video game characters