|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Renee Montoya (DC Extended Universe) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Sionis is gone, but it’s just a matter of time before some other asshole tries to finish what he started... We got to clean this city from the inside out.||„|
|~ Renee Montoya.|
Renee Monotya (also known as Detective Montoya) is a major character of Birds of Prey.
She is a former member of the Gotham City Police Department, whose obsession with Black Mask leads her to build a case against the crime lord, but then joined the Birds of Prey to help take him down.
She was portrayed by Rosie Perez.
She is a long-time detective within the Gotham City Police Department, having regularly been passed up for promotion within the male-dominated organization, despite her proven skills and track record.
She has built an extensive case against the Black Mask, but Captain Patrick Erickson refuses to consider bringing the case to the D.A. due to Black Mask, a.k.a. Roman Sionis, being a powerful and influential crime lord and too big to move against. Meanwhile, she also pursues Harley Quinn after she blows up Ace Chemicals and unwittingly leaves behind a necklace given to her by the Joker. Her efforts eventually led her to Cassandra Cain, who had stolen and swallowed the Bertinelli diamond, a valuable gem that was the key to unlocking the fortunes of the Bertinelli crime family.
Birds of Prey
When Harley Quinn arrived at the Gotham City Police Department and busted Cain out of jail, she continued to pursue her. She eventually catches up with her at an abandoned waterpark amusement park, where she discovers that Quinn has taped Cain to a toilet and dosed her with laxatives in the hope of retrieving the diamond, which she had swallowed. She very nearly takes Quinn down, but soon discovers that there are multiple forces on both sides that are after Cain, including an entire small army hired by the Black Mask. Not only that, but she ends up teaming with Quinn, Black Canary, the Huntress and Cain so that they can all get out alive. Her skills as a hardened, sharp-witted cop proved very valuable in the fight, and as the entire group made it out alive, the Black Mask met a watery and grisly end.
Afterwards, she quits from Gotham City Police Department and along with the Huntress and Black Canary used a portion of the proceeds from the fortune of the Bertinelli diamond to form the Birds of Prey.
- Expert Investigator: Renee is a detective for the Gotham City Police Department and thus possesses associated skills. When finding Harley Quinn's "J" necklace she quickly deduces that she was unintentionally sending a message to the city of Gotham that they have broken up.
- Expert Combatant: As a police officer, Renee is highly trained in hand-to-hand fighting, her fighting style mixes movements from martial arts like Boxing, Karate and Kali. She was able to fight Harley Quinn but wasn't able to best her due to her being slightly intoxicated and Harley's acrobatic skill. When fighting off Black Masks' thugs, she was able to take down a number of them with little effort.
- Stick Expertise: As a police officer, Renee is accomplished in using a baton in combat.
- Expert Markswoman: As a police officer, Renee is highly trained in using firearms.
- Renee Montoya's grievances with Harley Quinn included her being a criminal who also blew up Ace Chemicals, escaping from her twice, and almost cost Renee her job.
- Tara Macken and Vaia Zaganas were the stunt doubles for Rosie Perez in the role of Renee Montoya.
- Renee Montoya in the DC Extended Universe is the second live-action incarnation of the character, following an incarnation portrayed by Victoria Cartagena.
Corto Maltese Freedom Fighters