|“||IT'S REYN TIME!||„|
|~ Reyn's catchphrase|
He is voiced by Eiji Miyashita in the Japanese version and Jay Taylor in the English version, the former of whom also voices Gen Shishio.
Reyn serves as the muscle of the group in more ways than one. A true hero like him would know to have not just a strong body but to also have a strong heart. His one goal (and his one promise) in life was to protect his family and friends and everyone else, which is the main reason why he joined the Defense Force in the first place. He's not the smartest of the group and he serves as part of the team's comic relief along with Riki, but he knows when it's time to get serious.
Reyn also has a habit of losing his temper, but it's usually when something grave is happening to his friends or other innocent beings. Examples would include when fighting enemies such as Metal Face or Egil. And sometimes, his friends need to help him simmer down. But at the end of the day, he never lets go of who he is.
Reyn grew up with his childhood friends Shulk and Fiora. They were the first two he would always protect. He's also someone they would look for when they needed to smile and laugh. Additionally, he and Shulk always treated each other as brothers and they vowed to cover each other's backs. Dunban is a mentor to the duo, but Reyn knows that he has to grow up and use his own strength if he ever wants to get by in life.
It is not heavily implied yet, but it's possible that Reyn has developed feelings for Sharla despite that she was Gadolt's fiancee. He even admitted once to Sharla that Gadolt seemed like tough competition for a guy like him, something to which she replied laughing. Additionally, Riki brings that up in a Heart to Heart with Reyn. The Heropon claimed Sharla to be the nice girl Reyn is looking for to start a family with. Reyn responded that they should finish saving the world and and wait until Sharla finishes healing her heart before he can ask her; but he hopes she doesn't reject him if the time ever comes.
- Reyn has the most physical arts with an area effect.
- Reyn has the fastest Topple and Daze of all playable characters.
- Reyn has arachnophobia, which was caused by Shulk putting a spider in his shoe.
- Reyn appears as a trophy in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U.
- Reyn's art Guard Shift shares its name with one of Fiora's arts.
- Guard Shift is also the only art of Reyn's (excluding his Talent Art, Mad Taunt), where he never shouts its name when executing it.
- The Reyn's notable quotes "Now it's Reyn time!" and "Yeah! Reyn time!" became an internet meme.
- Reyn has a slight resemblance to Wakka from Final fantasy X.