|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page Rick Flag (DC Extended Universe) contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||"Listen up! In your necks, injection you got, it's a nanite explosive. It's the size of a rice grain, but it's powerful as a hand grenade. You disobey me, you die. You try to escape, you die. You otherwise irritate or vex me, and guess what? You die.||„|
|~ Rick Flag to the Suicide Squad.|
Colonel Richard "Rick" Flag Jr. is one of the four tritagonists (alongside Captain Boomerang, Killer Croc and Katana) of the 2016 film Suicide Squad. He is a US special forces officer (among the finest ever produced by the country), and the lover of June Moone. He was recruited by Amanda Waller to lead her new Suicide Squad team, in a high-risk operation. He and Katana are the only two members of the Suicide Squad who aren't villains.
He was portrayed by Joel Kinnaman, who also played RoboCop in the remake of the movie with the same name.
Rick Flag is known to have graduated from West Point. He's served an unknown number of tours in the United States Military and one day ran into June during a mission. The two got close and they soon became boyfriend and girlfriend. He also ran into Katana and managed to convince her to be his personal bodyguard.
Formation of the Suicide Squad
Rick Flag is called back to the United States and is assigned to ARGUS. under the jurisdiction of Amanda Waller. He's assigned to be the commander of the Suicide Squad and objects to it stating that Waller needs soldiers and not criminals. Flag has no choice though and reluctantly accepts his position as the field commander of the Squad.
Arrival at Belle Reve
|“||The hell is wrong with you people?||„|
|~ Rick Flag to the Suicide Squad|
Flag soon accompanied Waller as he arrived at Belle Reve in Louisiana to recruit the members for the Suicide Squad. Upon arrival, he was treated by Captain Griggs and was first introduced to Deadshot at a firing range to see his skilled marksmanship.
To be added
To be added
- Peak human condition: Rick Flag, as a US Armed Forces colonel, is in top physical condition (from frequent missions and extensive experience in the field), though not even near to Batman's level. Hence, it took an entire group of Enchantress's monstrous troops to overpower Flag.
- Peak human durability: Rick Flag is exceptionally durable, swiftly recovering after being sent flying back by a superhumanly strong blow from Incubus, though this was also due to Flag's bulletproof vest).
- Expert combatant: Rick Flag, as a US Armed Forces colonel and West Point graduate, is a highly skilled armed and hand-to-hand combatant (though not quite on par with Batman and Katana), able to take down quite a few of Enchantress' monstrous troops, and even momentarily able to hold his own against the extremely skilled Enchantress herself (notably blocking her dagger slashes several times), though he was ultimately brought down by her.
- Expert leader: Rick Flag is a highly skilled leader (with Amanda Waller even referring to him as "the finest special forces officer that [the USA] has ever produced"), able to successfully lead the Suicide Squad in the mission to extract Amanda Waller from Midway City, and then to lead them against Enchantress and Incubus.
- Expert tactician: Rick Flag is a highly skilled tactician, as well as an expert in ops expert and counter insurgency, able to come up with an effective strategy to bring down Incubus by attacking him from both fronts (with the El Diablo chasing the gigantic opponent into a corner and Killer Croc helping Edwards plant a bomb right under him), and an equally effective one to destroy Enchantress' superweapon.
|Extended Universe Heroes|