Riff is the current tetartagonist of Barney and Friends. He is a six year old orange Hadrosaur. who is Baby Bop and B.J.'s cousin. Riff has been on the show since September 6, 2006. He wears green sneakers. His theme music is "I Hear Music Everywhere." Riff loves music and it is in almost everything he does. In the episode "Barney: Let's Go to the Firehouse", it was revealed that Riff also likes to invent things; he created a four-sound smoke detector (the first three were different alarm sounds and the final one his own voice). He is shown to have an interest in marching bands and parades. When Barney's old friends Tina & Derek move away in Season 3, Riff assumes the role of tetartagonist from now on. Riff is voiced by Michaela Dietz, who would later voice Amethyst in Steven Universe and Dolly in 101 Dalmatian Street.
Riff is known for his crest lighting up, which makes music. Riff is orange with a yellow tummy with green spots and green spikes. Riff wears green sneakers with yellow socks and purple laces on them.
- He is the first dinosaur to be created in over thirteen years.
- He is the only dinosaur whose name does not start with the letter B.
- He is all about music - music is in his voice, his heart and his every move.
- As much as Riff loves music, he also likes to invent things
- His favorite food is Ants on a Log (Celery with Cheddar cheese and raisins)
- Catchphrases: Wowzer!, Tippity-Top. Later Skaters!
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.