|“||Green means go!||„|
|~ famous quote|
Rocky is a Schnauzer/Scottish Terrier mix pup from the Nick, Jr. show: PAW Patrol. He is the recycler of the group, in which some of the recycling can be reused for certain missions.
In the Canadian and North American versions, Rocky was voiced by John Ralston's son Stuart throughout Season 1 and 2, until he was replaced by Samuel Faraci from Season 3 onwards until Season 7, when he was replaced by Jackson Reid. In the British version, he is voiced by Eric O'Carrol.
Rocky is a Schnauzer/Scottish Terrier mix pup with mostly gray fur, with the paws and tip of the tail and the fur tufts on his face being white, and orange-brown eyes. He has a black nose, one dark grey circle around his left eye and two on his back. In thie series, his right ear is folded. In Thunder Bay, he wears a green and white cap with a silver paw symbol (or PAW Patrol symbol) on the front, and sometimes glasses. In Adventure Bay, he wears it along with a green vest and a blue belt.
Being the recycling pup of the team, Rocky is very resourceful and reuses anything he can find to use in any given situation. However, he is sometimes clumsy in the movie, while in the series, he has a fear of water, but sometimes has to face this fear while on a mission, although never gets over it. He is good friends with Sammy, whom he is very affectionate towards.
Equipment and Abilities
Like all members of the PAW Patrol, Rocky has a pup tag that he can use to make calls to Ryder, the Lookout, and his fellow members. It can also be used to make video calls to other members.
Rocky's pup pack contains various tools, some of which include a screwdriver, a pincer, glue, adhesive tape, and a spatula.
His Mission PAW pup pack has a radar scanner.
His Sea Patrol pup pack contains a rescue buoy and a metal detector. When he's wearing his scuba gear, it contains a welding tool.
Rocky's vehicle, number 05, is a recycling truck in which he stores various items that can be helpful on missions. It also has two pallet loaders that can be used to load objects into the truck. In season 3, it was upgraded to be able to transform into a tugboat to be used on water-related missions.
As a member of the Sea Patrol, Rocky gets an amphibious vehicle, which also has an airlock that any pup can use to put on their scuba gear and provide assistance under the water.
Rocky uses the old items stored in his truck and not to build new things or repair broken objects. The pincer in his pup pack helps him with constructing and picking up things.
Much like the Lantern Corps, specifically the Green Lantern Corps, Rocky can create green energy constructs, mostly of tools, with his paws.
- Rocky does not like water. Although it is commonly said that Rocky has aquaphobia (fear of water), that is not entirely accurate since Rocky has shown to be comfortable with being near water and even diving in the ocean during Sea Patrol episodes.
- Due to his dislike of water, Rocky also dislikes bathing and usually tries to avoid bathing. In "Pups Save a Mer-Pup", Rubble (who is known to be quite fond of bubble baths) even commented that he couldn't even get Rocky near a bathtub in reference to this.
- Oddly, despite his aversion to water, Rocky reveals he sometimes dreams of being a mer-pup. Interestingly, when he is magically transformed into one in "Pups Save a Mer-Pup", he completely lacks his usual aversion to water and actually enjoys it. He says this is because he can breathe underwater, hinting that he may have a fear of drowning as well. However, upon reverting back to a regular pup, he quickly regains his normal aversion to water.
- Although Rocky dislikes water, Rocky doesn't mind snow and ice since (in his words) his aversion comes from not being fond of water being wet, an attribute that snow and ice lack.
- This suggests that Rocky might also dislike other liquids that are wet similar to water.
- At the end of "Pups Save a Stinky Flower", he willingly takes a bath for once because even he couldn't stand his own stench.
- Rocky shares his aversion of water and bathing with Cali (who has an aversion to water like most cats), however, Cali has no problem in trying forcing Rocky to take one as seen in "Pups Make a Splash".
- Also like Cali, there is somewhat of a running gag of Rocky getting sprayed by Marshall's water cannons or getting wet in some way, to his frustration.
- Despite his fears, Rocky often finds himself having to face his fear of water in order to fulfill his PAW Patrol duties.
- He loves to be eco-friendly.
- Rocky won the Pup-Tacular (see "Pup-Tacular" for more info).
- Rocky is good friends with Zuma and Marshall, despite Rocky being afraid of water.
- Rocky does not like pink and yellow (Seen in "Pups Save the Easter Egg Hunt").
- Though he may not show this dislike to Skye and Rubble since Skye is his little sister and Rubble is his adoptive younger brother.
- Also shown in said episode, Rocky doesn't usually mind heights.
- Rocky is shown to be ticklish in "Pups Make a Splash".
Rocky is the third PAW Patrol member to need help from the other pups. (Seen in "Pups Save the Easter Egg Hunt")
- In "Pups Save Ryder", Rocky is seen whimpering. This is the second time he has whimpered. (The first being "Pups Make a Splash")
- He has more Pup-Pack tools than any other pup.
- Despite his aversion to water, Rocky ironically has his own scuba gear for underwater repairs.
- Rocky finally first-deployed with Zuma in "Pups Save the Diving Bell".
- Rocky bears a slight resemblance to Scamp from Lady and the Tramp II: Scamp's Adventure. He appears to be a Schnauzer/Scottish Terrier mix or a pitbull terrier mix.
- Rocky finally first-deployed with Everest in "Pups Save a Wild Ride".
- In addition to his role as the eco-pup, Rocky also acts as the team's mechanical engineer/repair-pup. As a result, he often works in conjunction with Rubble, the team's construction pup.
- Due to their shared aptitude for mechanics and engineering, it is likely that both he and Ryder are responsible for maintaining and repairing the team's gear, vehicles, and The Lookout's equipment.
- One of Rocky's most common job besides being an eco-pup is tracking using high-tech equipment (such as GPS and Sonar). He does this in "Pups Save Ryder" and "Pups Save a Mer-Pup".
- During the Mission PAW missions, Rocky is still responsible for tracking by using his radar scanner.
- Rocky was given a tugboat in "Pups Save a Stinky Flower".
- Rocky has the most deployments from the Air Patroller out of the whole team.
- As seen in "The Pups' Winter Wonder Show", Rocky can use his tools to play an instrument (guitar). He is also seen in "Pups Save the Chili Cook-Off" with a banjo.
- Basically, he uses his tools as a substitute for hands when holding any kind of object.
- Rocky's "parade float" has been used twice, the first time was in "Pups Save the Parade", and the second appearance was in "Pups and the Mischievous Kittens".
- Rocky is the fifth pup who lost their pup-tag.
- Rocky turns into a werepuppy in "Pups and the Werepuppy".
- Rocky is the first pup who escaped without the help of the PAW Patrol after he was stranded on an island in "Rocky Saves Himself".
- The term used to describe the type of dog Rocky is (a crossbreed of unknown type) is a mongrel or "mutt".
- After his younger sister, Skye, gets married to Chase, Chase becomes Rocky's brother-in-law.