|“||An all-powerful seer from the past, Rose conjured a terrible vision of a Zombie-controlled future. To prevent this, she transported herself to the present day to help the Plants in the Battle of Zomburbia.||„|
|~ Rose's stickerbook description.|
|“||I am Rose. A sorceress. We speak thanks to my magics.||„|
|~ Rose introducing herself in the comics.|
Rose is one of the main protagonists of the Plants vs. Zombies franchise. She is a sorceress from the past who takes parts in fighting zombies.
She was voiced by Asia Mattu.
- 1 History
- 2 Other Appearances
- 3 Variants
- 4 Powers and Abilities
- 5 Gallery
- 6 Trivia
- 7 Navigation
Plants vs. Zombies: Garden Warfare series
Rose was first appeared in Garden Warfare 2 as a playable character on the Plants' side. Her primary weapon is Magic Thistles.
Her L.E.A.F agent counterpart is Agent Rose, the quest giver to the players.
The first quest she gave to the players is heading to Colizeum to defeat Baron von Bats, who holds the wand she needs.
Next, she wanted to test her new wand on the BBQ, which the players had to defend it from incoming ice zombies.
When the wand created a rift of goats, she asked the players to close all of the rifts and defeat the Gargoatuar.
After all three quests are completed, she congratulated the players and let them open another portal, or meet Dave-bot 3000.1 under the garage.
Rose also returned to Battle for Neighborville as a playable of Support class.
Plants vs. Zombies Heroes
Rose returned in Plants vs. Zombies Heroes as one of the playable character on the Plants' side. She leads Smarty and Solar classes.
In Rose's introduction comic strips, she can be seen protecting a Repeater and a Bonk Choy from a Basic Zombie, a Conehead Zombie, and a Buckethead Zombies by transforming them into goats. She later planned to sell them to a nearby Peashooter.
In Code Orange! Citron Invades!, Rose, alongside Grass Knuckles, and Citron (the main opposing enemy of the mission) attempted to replace the Zombie Flag with the Plant Flag on the moon, which angered Dr. Zomboss and he ordered Brain Freeze, Rustbolt, and Z-Mech to stop them. They had a battle until Citron attempted to use his spindash ability on Z-Mech, only to be defeated by him and knocked both Rose and Grass Knuckles out of the moon.
In Everything's Coming Up Goats!, after the zombies invaded Rose's castle, she appeared and attacked the zombies. She managed to goatify The Smash. However, before she could goatify Super Brainz, he used his mirror to deflect the ray, which transformed her into a goat instead.
Rose alerted Crazy Dave that her castle has been taken over by Dr. Zomboss. After hearing this, he sent Red Stinger, Briar Rose, and Pepper M.D. to help her. The plants had a battle and managed to knock Dr. Zomboss out of Rose's castle.
Plants vs. Zombies comics
Rose appeared in Garden Warfare comics as one of the supporting protagonists to assist Nate Timeley and Patrice Blazing fighting the zombies.
|“||Druid Rose's mask isn't so scary. It's actually designed to fool Zombies into thinking she's a harmless tree.||„|
|~ Druid Rose's variant.|
Druid Rose is a Super Rare variant of Rose in Garden Warfare 2. Her primary weapon, Toxic Volley, homes on targets.
|“||Fire Rose is scorching hot. No really, she accidentally set fire to Crazy Dave's garage last week. But if you thought her Scorching Scepter was effective against recreational vehicles, wait until you see it take out a squadron of Zomboss' finest.||„|
|~ Fire Rose's description.|
Fire Rose is a Rare Rose variant whose Scorching Scepter is a charged primary weapon that homes and ignites her enemies.
|“||Frost Rose once rode a majestic Yeti Chomper into battle. The resulting victory was so convincing that the mere whisper of it makes Zombies shake in their boots.||„|
|~ Frost Rose's description.|
Frost Rose is another Rare Rose variant that chills and freezes enemies with her charging Wand of Freezing.
|“||There's never a dull moment when Party Rose comes around. Her Party Thistle fireworks routinely keep the Plant forces partying well past their bedtimes.||„|
|~ Party Rose's description.|
Party Rose is a Legendary Rose variant who vanquishes her enemies with her rapid-fire homing Party Thistles that allows her to fill up her Party Time bar, where she gains a temporary speed and damage boost.
|“||Nec'Rose wields the energy of vanquished plants through an ancient art known as necro-plant-cy by which she renders the defenses of zombies useless. She also likes smoothies, long walks on the beach, and her favorite color is purple.||„|
|~ Nec'Rose's description.|
Nec'Rose is the final Super Rare Rose variant that can "Jinx" enemies with her charged Staff of Jinxing, where her enemies' endurance decreases when infected.
Powers and Abilities
- Magic Thistles: Rose's primary weapon, as she fires homing magic blasts at her enemies.
- Time Snare: Rose can cast a spell that slows the movements of her enemies and disable their abilities for a while.
- Arcane Enigma: Rose transforms herself into pure energy that makes her immune to attacks. She can also perform arcane blasts to enemies, in exchange for a reduction of the lasting effect.
- The Battle for Neighborville incarnation of this ability makes allies around her move faster.
- Arcane Lotus: It is similar to Arcane Enigma, but Rose heals herself instead of damaging enemies.
- Goatify: Rose transforms enemies into goats, which attacks plants by ramming forward.
- Psychedelic Goat: It is similar to Goatify, except the victims have a blurrier vision while the effect lasts much shorter.
- Jinx: Rose can put a curse on enemies that allows them to take extra damages from her allies.
- Thorn Apart: Rose's Legendary primary weapon upgrade, as she fires five charged orbs that slowly charges, but immediately fills up a bar if she uses Jinx, Arcane Enigma, or Goatify.
- The way Rose goatifies zombies is a mirror to the way the Wizard Zombie turning plants into sheep.
- It is revealed in the comics, Rose can communicate to humans thanks to magic.