|“||I'm Rouge the Bat, but you can call me Rouge.||„|
|~ Rouge the Bat.|
|“||I despise anyone who takes jewels from me... All the world's gems are mine to keep!||„|
|~ Rouge the Bat, Sonic Adventure 2.|
|“||What'd ya think of my beautiful technique?||„|
|~ Rouge after getting an S Rank in Sonic the Hedgehog (2006).|
Rouge the Bat is a beautiful anthropomorphic bat, a treasure hunter and an anti-heroine from Sonic the Hedgehog series. She can find the pieces of the Master Emerald just like Knuckles. Rouge is a government agent (working for G.U.N), a self-proclaimed treasure hunter and a former jewel thief who plans to make all the gems and treasures of the world hers.
Her current jewel obsessions are the Master Emerald and Chaos Emeralds. She is Shadow and Omega's best friend and Amy's arch-rival. Despite her rivalry with Knuckles, they have a secret crush on each other. In the current and new Rouge is 18 years old in Sonic games from the early 2000s she was originally 17.
In nine of the thirteen games she has appeared in to date, Rouge wears a skintight black body suit with a large pink heart-shaped breast plate, long white gloves, and white high-heeled boots with pink hearts on the toes. Her boots have metallic heels and soles. Whatever she stomps on would have some serious impact. She also has long eyelashes and wears blue (or pink in Sonic Heroes) eyeshadow.
Rouge the Bat is a world-famous treasure hunter. Her voluptuous and daring attitude turns any man's head. Her policy though is that duty comes first, but she has a big interest in jewels. Her figure, speech and behavior masks her true identity. Rouge actually has a crush on Knuckles the Echidna, but refuses to admit it. Rouge the Bat is very secretive about everything and very little has actually ever been disclosed about her.
She would often switch sides with either the good or bad to confuse them. Rouge the Bat does have allies, such as Shadow the Hedgehog and Topaz from G.U.N. It wasn't until after a few episodes that Rouge and Topaz actually became close friends. At the end of the season in which Topaz and Rouge met, Rouge and the others were transported home. While Rouge said goodbye to Topaz, Topaz had a tear in her eye, remembering all the good times they had. In Season 2, she is one of G.U.N.'s top agents.
She battled against the Metarex in Season 3 with Doctor Eggman and released Shadow. She joins the good side and declared war on Eggman after Christopher Thorndyke was sent to Earth. Rouge seemingly possess a locket belonging to Bokkun, Eggman's messenger robot. She usually pulls it out when Bokkun refuses to run errands for her, which convinces him to attend to her errands. (In the Japanese version, the inside of the locket shows a picture of Cream the Rabbit, which indicates that Bokkun has a crush on her.)
Despite wearing very feminine clothing, having lipstick and liking jewellery, Rouge is a bit of a tomboy, as she is tomboyish at times.
- In Sonic X, Rouge regularly uses the move, "Screw Kick", which allows her to spin like a top while kicking, like that from Sonic Adventure 2. In the 4Kids dub, she says "Screw Kick" in Episode 44, like in the Japanese version, but in other episodes she merely just yells or grunts.
- Rouge's theme song, "Mysterious and Sexy Thief Rouge" was first heard in Episode 11 which is basically a saxophone solo that usually plays when Rouge appears.
- Prima's Game Guide for Sonic the Hedgehog (2006) states that there are rumors that Rouge has feelings for both Shadow and Knuckles. It also erroneously says above that in Omega's back history that it was his rampage that unleashed Rouge from Eggman's base.
- In Sonic Riders, Rouge has blue eye shadow on the character select screen and in gameplay, but when you see her icon on the race results screen she has pink eye shadow on, very similar to the eye shadow in Sonic Heroes.
- Although she told Knuckles at the end of Sonic Adventure 2 that she was done with jewelry, she is still hopelessly obsessed with jewels in later games.
- Not counting team members in the support class, Rouge has the least team POW moves in Sonic Chronicles: The Dark Brotherhood, with only one.
- Also, Rouge is the only character with an Armor-Piercing move that hits all onscreen enemies instead of targeting one enemy. She is the second member of the Shifter class, and the only Shifter class member in Team Dark (Shadow and Omega are both in the Power class).
- In Sonic Heroes, while selecting Shadow or Omega to be Team Dark's leader, if you use the first-person camera to look at Rouge, she will occasionally turn her head in the player's direction and wink.
- In Sonic Riders and Sonic Riders: Zero Gravity, Rouge doesn't have her lipstick on.
- Rouge and some other characters have a few locations named after them in Empire City, as seen on the street signs of the level's day time stages in Sonic Unleashed.
- At one point in Sonic Battle while Rouge was around, Sonic says, "I smell perfume. Maybe Rouge is around.". This might mean that Rouge wears perfume, or Sonic was only making a joke.
- Sonic Riders and its sequels are the only times Rouge appear without a heart design on her clothing.
- After Sonic Battle, Rouge's design changed a bit her wings become less detailed and only one color and her blue eye shadow got darker after Sonic Adventure 2
- Sonic Heroes is the only game where Rouge has pink eye lids.
- However, when Chaos Inferno is done, her eyelids are violet.
- In Sonic X, scenes with Rouge often were accompanied by a saxophone solo.
- In Shadow the Hedgehog, Rouge's outfit appears to be a purple/lavender color in game, but the concept art from the game has the outfit in its regular black color.
- In the Sonic Riders trilogy, Rouge's breasts are shrunken down.
- In Sonic Generations when spoken to Rouge after receiving a few Red Star Rings, Rouge will tell the player that she's looking for "Teal Star Rings".
- In her alternate outfit model in Sonic Adventure 2: Battle her mid-driff shows her navel. However, in Sonic Riders onwards it isn't present. It is also true that Sonic characters do not have a navel (such as Wave and Tikal).
- In Sonic Adventure 2 Rouge had fangs, but afterwards, they have been absent. This is also the case with Sonic (who seemed to have fangs in Sonic Adventure) and Knuckles (unlike the other two, Knuckles' fangs still appear every few games).
- Despite being referred to as a "white" bat, Rouge only has fur on her head, while being completely hairless everywhere else.
- One of Rouge's unused lines ("Pleasure before business!") of Sonic Adventure 2 is used in one episode of Sonic X.
- Rouge has never appeared in a Sonic game without Shadow the Hedgehog.
Mega Man Classic
Mega Man X
Mega Man ZX
Mega Man Battle Network/NT Warrior
Mega Man Star Force