|“||I'm watching you, Wazowski. Always watching... Always!"||„|
|“||Two and a half years of undercover work were almost wasted when you intercepted that child, Mr. Sullivan. Of course, without your help, I never would've known that this went all the way up to Waternoose.||„|
|~ Roz revealing her true nature.|
Roz is a supporting character in the 2001 Disney/Pixar film Monsters Inc. She also appears in the 2013 prequel Monsters University as a climax character and protagonist. At the end of both movies, she is the leader of the CDA.
She is voiced by Pixar story artist Bob Peterson.
Roz is a slug-style monster in the movie who appears to be the key master and administrator for Scare Floor F, holding all the keys to children's closet doors at Monsters, Inc. She is responsible for all of the paperwork done by Mike Wazowski, and she often works at an office near Scare Floor F that can be separated from the rest of the factory via a retractable shutter. Roz slams the shutter shut on Mike's hands at one point, crushing them and causing him to scream in pain.
At the end of the film, it turns out that Roz is Agent #000001 of the CDA. She reveals that she was undercover for two and a half years at Monsters Inc. and that Mike and Sulley nearly ruined it all until Boo came into their care. However, she does give credit for them exposing Henry J. Waternoose III for corruption. She gives Mike and Sulley five minutes to return Boo back to her room before anything happens to her. After Boo's door is shredded, Roz says that this incident never happened and that she doesn't want to see any paperwork about Boo's invasion contrary to her requests earlier in the film.
Roz makes a quick cameo near the end of the prequel when Mike and Sulley are able to escape the human camp and are taken by the CDA. She is shown dressed up as a CDA agent with her uniform covering her entire body except for a transparent glass "dome" revealing her hair, but her size and voice still serve as a give away.
When Terri asks what's going to happen to them, Roz states that Dean Hardscrabble will decide that. But to rest assured, she then adds that she'll be watching them, "Always watching," foreshadowing M.I.
- Although Roz is a female, she is voiced by a man.
- Roz is similar to Ethyl Phillips from the 1991-94 television series Dinosaurs in personality.
- Roz bears some resemblance to Muriel Finster from the show Recess, since the two are both portrayed as elderly females that sport squinty eyes, horn-rimmed glasses and grouchy demeanors.
- Roz has randomly appeared in three of the Outtake clips as follows:
- When Boo flushes the toilet, Sulley opens the stall door to check on her, only for Roz to come out and greet him, scaring Sulley. They both laugh. Her spoken line is "Hello. Ahh haa haa!"
- As the CDA is shaving and decontaminating George Sanderson (due to having a white sock attached to him) and drops the cylinder, he is replaced by Roz and she and the CDA laugh. Her line is "Ta daaa!! Ahh haa haa!"
- When Sulley walks over to the closet to reassure Boo that it doesn't have a monster (namely Randall) in it, he opens it and Roz is just in there and she, Sulley, and Boo laugh. Her line is "Guess who? Ahh haa haa!"
James P. Sullivan (Sulley) | Mike Wazowski | Boo | Celia Mae | CDA | Fungus | Roz | Needleman and Smitty | George Sanderson | The Yeti | Tylor Tuskmon | Val Little | Fritz | Cutter | Duncan P. Anderson