This Article Contains Spoilers -
WARNING: This article contains major spoilers. If you do not wish to know vital information on plot / character elements in a story, you may not wish to read beyond this warning: We hold no responsibility for any negative effects these facts may have on your enjoyment of said media should you continue. That is all.
|“||Longg, Bring the Storm!||„|
|~ Kagami during her transformation into Ryuko.|
Kagami Tsurugi is one of the two tritagonists (alongside Viperion) of Miraculous: Tales of Ladybug and Cat Noir. In season 3, she receives the Dragon Miraculous from Ladybug, which, when inhabited by the kwami Longg, can transform her into Ryuko, a dragon-themed superhero.
She is voiced by Faye Mata, who also voices Aqua from Konosuba.
Kagami is a Japanese girl, that recently moved to Paris with her mother and attended the D'Argencourt fencing academy. She has dark blue hair that has light blue reflections and yellow-brown eyes.
As a civilian, she wears a white long-sleeved blazer that has black outlines around the collar, running down across her waist all the way to the bottom to the hem, cuffs and two black accents on the top of the fastened outer pockets. The blazer has two gold pockets around the waist and each side of the cuffs. On the top right of her chest is an attached logo that is shaped as a rouleaux triangle. The logo includes her family's crest, with the gold sign of Japanese kanji for female fastened on top of the green, white and red fabric with a gold outline surrounding the logo. Underneath, she wears a black collared blouse with many gold buttons. Attached to the collar is a red tie with blue parallel lines that intersects with each other.
Kagami wears a red skirt with an asymmetrical texture that has blue and white intersecting vertical and horizontal lines. She wears tight black leggings and a pair of red sneakers with white toecaps, laces, a black logo on the heel counter and black soles. On the ring finger of her right hand, she wears a black ring that has her family's crest and it has two long outward spikes stretching from the mark.
As her superhero identity, Ryuko, she wears a red suit with an image of a black rose with a yellow outlining involving her from her left leg to her chest with the flower holding the images that represent the three elements she controls: lightning, air, and water. She also has a black collar/turtleneck (where she has her choker), black forearm-length gloves and black legs starting at a point in the middle of her lower legs, both with yellow outlining. On the back of her head, she has four red dragon-like horns with yellow tips with black outlining, and, on her back, she has a holder for her sword. On her face, she wears a red mask around her eyes with a yellow and black outline at the base of the sides. Her eyes also get golden with yellow scleras.
Powers and abilities
As a civilian
Kagami is a very skilled fencer, thanks to intense training by her mother. She is so skilled that she even has stated that she's been considered the best everywhere she's went.
Like all Miraculous wielders, Ryuko has enchanted abilities like speed and strength, and most notably agility, being able to jump much higher than either Ladybug or Cat Noir. Her weapon is her sword. She is a skilled swordfighter. Her special ability allows her to transform herself into three different elements: water, air, and lightning. Unlike with most Miraculouses' special abilities, which cause an under-aged wielder to start reverting back to civilian form after only one use, Ryuko can use all three elements before the countdown starts for her to revert to civilian form.
In "Riposte", Kagami is akumatized by Hawk Moth into the fencing supervillain Riposte after losing a fencing match against Adrien Agreste, who wants to kill Adrien in revenge. After she has been deakumatized, Adrien goes to give her her sai back and they apologize to each other. Kagami also seems to think that Adrien has a crush on Marinette, asking him if he likes her, although Adrien thinks she's talking about friendship. Her mother then comes to pick her up, and she tells Adrien her name before going with her.
In "Animaestro", she is revealed to be enemies with Chloé Bourgeois, the wealthy daughter of the mayor of Paris.
In "Oni-Chan", Kagami is akumatized again into the phantom shinobi Oni-Chan after Lila Rossi sends her a photo of herself kissing Adrien.
In "Ikari Gozen", Ladybug gives the Dragon Miraculous to Kagami to help defeat her mother, who has been transformed by Hawk Moth into the supervillain Ikari Gozen. Kagami meet Longg, Dragon Kwami who tried to explain to her about Ladybug's plan before she activates transformation to Ryuko.
- "Ryuko" is the name of the protagonist from Kill la Kill, and Kagami and Ryūko Matoi even have similar color schemes, prominently featuring dark blue and red.
- Kagami is one of the few Miraculous characters to have their birthdays revealed, in her case, it is November 20, according to an official post in Marinette's instagram account. Also, she is one of the few Miraculous to have their Chinese Zodiac sign and zodiac sign revealed, in her case, it is Dragon (in the English dub) and Scorpio (in the French dub), respectively.
- So this means that she was born on November 20, 2000, as the date is on the sign of Scorpio and on the Chinese Zodiac sign of Dragon. Also, she is stated to be 15 in "Ikari Gozen", which takes place on July 30, 2016.
- She is the seventh person to become to a Miraculous holder who was also an akumatized villain, following Nino Lahiffe in "The Bubbler", Alya Césaire in "Lady Wifi", Lê Chiến Kim in "Dark Cupid", Max Kanté in "Gamer", Chloé Bourgeois in "Antibug", Luka Couffaine in "Silencer", but excluding Gabriel Agreste\Hawk Moth, who akumatized himself in "The Collector" into the titular villain.
- While the name "Ryuko" can have many meanings in Japanese, it is most likely that the particular translation used here is “Child of the Dragon” (龍 "ryu" meaning dragon, and 子 "ko" meaning child).
- She is the second superhero whose civilian identity is known by Hawk Moth, with the first being Chloé as Queen Bee:
- Unlike Chloé, her identity is not known by the public.