|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page SCP-073 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||A seemingly young man who sat there with a stiffed gaze, blinked and touched his forehead. It seemed like Time did not dare touch him - no one could ever harm him. His body did not grow old, his hands were ever strong, but he had long forgotten the taste of bread. Time, as if taking revenge for an invincibility so egregious, sped up thousandfold against all plants the brazen immortal dared approach. This too was, as it turned out, possible to get used to, so Time generously gave him much knowledge, in which, as it is known, is much grief. Time did not care what he was thinking, be it Procedure 110-Montauk or Protocol 10-Israfil-B - neither knowledge would let him sleep in peace.||„|
|~ From "Time"|
|“||You, on the other hand? You murdered your brother in a jealous rage. There was no honor at stake. You did not do this desperately in a matter of life and death, purely your own selfish interest. You are cursed and shall remain so.||„|
|~ Lilit Bat Asherah from "REMEMBER".|
|“||I was young and jealous. I got older. Time carved its wisdom into me. I'm here now because… because I still love you. Please forgive me, Abel. Everyone we knew as children has left to God's garden. My beautiful baby brother, it's just us now.||„|
|~ Cain to Abel from "maybe god will forgive you if we both beg".|
The SCP is based on Cain from the biblical Book of Genesis, who murdered his brother Abel due to God favoring Abel's sacrifice over Cain's. Cain was heavily cursed for this act.
SCP-073 is a male, cyborg-like human of seemingly Arabic descent standing at around 184 cm tall and weighing around 75 kg, whose arms, legs, spine, and shoulders are replaced entirely with beryllium bronze powered by some magical blue flame. Despite being made out metal, his arms and legs feel warm as if they were still real. He is described as handsome, possessing black hair, olive-coloured skin and yellowish teeth. On his forehead is engraved a mysterious illuminating blue symbol of either Sumerian or Daevite origin, most likely the Mark of Cain.
Powers and Abilities
After being cursed by either the All-Mighty through the Gate Guardian, his own father, or Apakht, SCP-073 gained powers in order to make him suffer for his wrongdoing. When SCP-073 is attacked, any damage it sustains recoils back on its attacker whilst leaving SCP-073 unharmed although he can still feel the pain, likely a property obtained from the symbol or his metal components. As a result, tests to retrieve tissue samples prove fruitless.
Any soil-based life (for example plants) within a 20 meter radius of SCP-073 gradually begins to die. If it stands on grass, it starts to become barren, leaving nothing but empty dirt and rock. Meanwhile if SCP-073 touches materials derived from plants (e.g. paper, wood, etc.), it begins to rot or disintegrate. However certain anomalous objects such as SCP-445, Dr. Wondertainment's Super Paper, and SCP-458, an anomalous cardboard pizza box, proved to resistant to 073's effects.
SCP-073 also gained photographic memory from this curse so he would always be haunted by the memory of his brother's death. 073 was able to memorize an entire book by simply looking at it while shuffling its pages. The Foundation used this property to register almost all of their documents inside 073's brain, essentially making him a living database for the Foundation.
SCP-073 had arrived in New York, America where he came across some criminal gang members. They tried to make fun of him, but soon became angry at 073 and attacked him, which resulted in their own deaths. 073 was then found and taken by the police, thinking that he killed the criminals and was labeled as a "John Doe". The Foundation discovered 073 during their usual check of John Does and he was taken by the Foundation to Site-17 and given the designation of SCP-073.
During "Incident Zero", an event that nearly led to the destruction of the Universe, SCP-073, alongside Adrian Andrews and Beatrix Maddox helped the Foundation in preventing other universes from crashing with their own by resetting the Bloom within the Yellowstone National Park. However after the demise of both agents, SCP-073 was joined by SCP-076-2 who suppressed his anger towards his brother and together destroyed the Bloom, saving not only countless lives, but also keeping the Universe intact in the process.
SCP-073 is a introverted selfless man and nature-lover who enjoyed telling stories and spending time with his brothers. However, in time he developed jealousy towards his brother Hevel who was more loved than Qayin, and combined with the pressure of the Daevite threat caused Qayin to kill Hevel by smashing his head with a rock in a fit of rage. Qayin immediately regret it, and felt horrible for what he had done. After being outcasted by his people and being cursed by the Gate Guardian Qayin soon became depressed and tried to kill himself or at least forget the haunting memories of his brother's death. He eventually returned to his home where he tried to reason and apologise with his brainwashed brother before being attacked by him.
After being contained by SCP Foundation in the modern age, SCP-073 was described as being polite and helpful amongst Site-17 personnel, although his tone of speech sounds opposite, often cold and mechanical. If asked about the symbol on his forehead, SCP-073 will become visibly distressed, refusing to answer. Besides these, SCP-073 behaves like a normal human-being, living in a cell complete with everyday furnishings and eating and drinking regularly, though it requires a carnivorous diet. Unlike most SCP's, SCP-073 is allowed to freely roam inside Site-17, and as a result, often helps out many Foundation staff.
|“||Come now, my young researcher, do you expect me to expose all of the secrets so easily?||„|
|~ SCP-343 not revealing the nature of SCP-073 and SCP-076-2.|
In this fan-made, non-canon series, SCP-073 does not appear, but is briefly mentioned in a video where a Foundation member interviews SCP-343. When the interviewer asks if SCP-073 and SCP-076-2 are truly the sons of Adam and Eve, SCP-343 refuses to answer.
- It is unknown if SCP-073 has any connection to SCP-343 who identifies himself as God, or SCP-2746 which is presumed to be the Garden of Eden.
- SCP-073 is located within Site-17, a facility within the Foundation that contains several of the more benevolent human and humanoid SCPs, including SCP-105 and SCP-208.
- The nature of this SCP is very ironic, as the original Cain from the Bible was wrathful and murderous, the SCP based on him is timid, cooperative and sometimes even helpful.
- SCP-073 was involved in an experiment which also involved SCP-001 (the Gate Guardian). It is unknown what happened, since all of the Foundation staff were left blinded by the Guardian, while 073 simply fell unconscious and couldn't remember much.
- The metal that comprises SCP-073's arms, legs and spinal cord is seemingly beryllium bronze which is the same metal used for various other metal-based SCPs by groups such as the Church of the Broken God. 073 had helped the Foundation regarding the origin of this metal.
- In an experiment with SCP-729-J, SCP-073 took a cup of water, and proceeded to bless it. SCP-073 then vocalized the phrase: “FUCK OFF, DICKNIPS!” and soaked SCP-729-J in the holy water. SCP-073 remained under a table for the remainder of the test, with its fingers in the form of a cross.
- A frozen replica of SCP-073 exists inside SCP-5830-1-3, one of the caves inside SCP-5830 which some contains replicas of various anomalies from the past, depicting him in grief, with his curse of rotting soil-based materials present, but lacking his metal body parts.
- When the Foundation used SCP-978, a camera that when takes a picture of someone the photo it produces shows the individual's biggest desire, to take a photo of 073, the picture showed him tending to an assorted range of plants on a small farm. In the background, various domesticated animals were wandering around.
- At some point it was proposed that SCP-073 to be used in an termination attempt on SCP-682, but it was denied due to the risk of 682 copying 073's damage reflection power.
- Dr. Clef once tried a experiment involving him giving Cain a can of mushrooms seeing if they would affected by Cain's property. The Foundation didn't let Clef proceed with his experiment, but the mushrooms would probably also be affected by Cain.
- When the Foundation tested SCP-458, a pizza box that produces the preferred pizza of the person who touches it, with 073 it produced a pizza devoid of plant-derived toppings. However, due to his property the pizza deteriorated away. The personnel retried the test and this time they immediately removed the pizza from the box and shoved it into 073's mouth. This was the first time 073 ever ate a product of 458.
- When some candy canes were put inside SCP-914 on "Very Fine", a animate figurine of 073 was created. When questioned on how 073 had any relation to some candy canes a researcher joked saying "Candy Cain".
- In the previous deleted version of SCP-4089 by author Zzuxon, SCP-073 and SCP-105 were getting annoyed by SCP-2020, until SCP-2800 interrupted 2020 and got it away from 073 and 105. If this version of SCP-4089 would have stayed on the site it would create some discrepancy as SCP-073 would have involuntarily killed SCP-2800, due to 2800 possessing plant DNA.
- SCP-4444-J, a Gaia Online guild, describes a bizarre universe with many things not making. In this universe SCP-682 appears to replace SCP-073, as it is referred to Cain and Able's brother.
- SCP-TLDR-J, a metamorphic document which when read causes a chain of anomalous events. When SCP-TLDR-J is read in its Form P it will cause a string of events ending in 073 receiving a peanut sandwich. When SCP-TLDR-J is read while in Form S, a copy of SCP-3039, it will cause another string of events resulting in 073 regurgitating a peanut sandwich.
- In "Incursion", when Dr. Piedmont refused to execute Procedure 110-Mountauk on SCP-231-7, he was sent through SCP-1780 which send him to an apocalyptic world where all SCPs have breached containment. He eventually encountered SCP-073 who informed him about SCP-1780 in order to help him return to his native timeline.
- In the tale "The Reassembled One", the Serpent's Hand describe Qabil as the son of Mekhane and a figure similar to Robert Bumaro, who helped the Mekhanites in fighting Sarkicism during the Bronze Age. After his death he was resurrected by Mekhane, replacing his body parts with metal, and the in his forehead it was engraved the completed form of the Broken God for him to use when he would rebuild Mekhane.
- In Chapter 2 of SCP-069-J, a DVD recovered by SCP-507, which contains a Japanese-style "dating-sim" visual novel titled "The Sisters of Cheyenne Point" by "Superstar Catalyst Project", SCP-073 is portrayed as the student council president and a sympathetic figure who is loved by everyone and cares greatly for the student body of Cheyenne Point Academy, while his brother Able, the school's troublemaker and delinquent is jealous of his popularity.
- In the "Aces and Eights" canon, a universe in which the SCP Foundation is set in the Old Wild West, SCP-073 is identical to the main counterpart, for the exception that his limbs and spine were not replaced with metal. He is seen accompanying Jacob Kane who shares his body with Cain's brother Able.
- In the "Brother's Keeper" SCP-073 mentioned that he was once friend with someone named Bright, who is unrelated to Jack Bright and his family. In "Ask Lord Blackwood", Lord Blackwood mentioned that during one of his trips he met an African man named Bright. It is currently unknown whether they're the same character or not.