|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page SCP-073 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
SCP-073, known by the alias "Cain" is a Euclid-class, cyborg-esque SCP residing within Site-17 of the SCP Foundation.
The SCP is based on Cain from the biblical Book of Genesis, who murdered his brother Abel due to God favoring Abel's sacrifice over Cain's.
SCP-073 is a male, cyborg-like entity whose arms, legs, spine, and shoulders are replaced entirely with an unknown metal. On its forehead is a mysterious symbol of Sumerian origin; when asked about the symbol, SCP-073 will become hesitant and refuse to answer. Besides these, SCP-073 behaves like a normal human-being, living in a cell complete with everyday furnishings and eating and drinking regularly, though it requires a carnivorous diet.
When SCP-073 is attacked, any damage it sustains recoils back on its attacker whilst leaving SCP-073 unharmed, likely a property obtained from its metal composition. As a result, tests to retrieve tissue samples prove fruitless.
Any soil-based life (for example plants) within a 20 meter radius of SCP-073 gradually begins to die. If it stands on grass, it starts to become barren, leaving nothing but empty dirt and rock. Meanwhile if SCP-073 touches materials derived from plants (e.g. paper, wood, etc.), it begins to rot or disintegrate.
SCP-073 is described as being polite and helpful amongst Site-17 personnel, although his tone of speech sounds opposite, often cold and mechanical. Unlike most SCP's, SCP-073 is allowed to freely roam inside Site-17, and as a result, often helps out many Foundation staff.
According to one of the Foundation's addendum on it, SCP-073 claims to have knowledge on the villainous SCP-076-2, possibly information on how to stop it. This is supported by utter hatred SCP-076-2 displays for his symbol, falling into a homicidal rage once presented with it.
During "Incident Zero", an event that nearly led to the destruction of the Universe, SCP-073, alongside SCP-105 teamed up with the Foundation to defeat SCP-076-2. Saving not only countless lives, but also keeping the Universe intact in the process.
- It is unknown if SCP-073 has any connection to SCP-343 who identifies himself as God.
- SCP-073 is located within Site-17, a facility within the Foundation that contains several of the more benevolent human and humanoid SCPs, including SCP-105 and SCP-208.
- The nature of this SCP is very ironic, as the original Cain from the Bible was wrathful and murderous, the SCP based on him is timid, cooperative and sometimes even helpful.
- SCP-073 was involved in an experiment which also involved SCP-001 (the Gate Guardian). It is unknown what happened, since all of the Foundation staff were left blinded by the Guardian, while 073 simply fell unconscious and couldn't remember much.
- The metal that comprises SCP-073's arms, legs and spinal cord is seemingly beryllium bronze which is the same metal used for various other metal-based SCPs by groups such as the Church of the Broken God and Anderson Robotics. 073 had helped the Foundation regarding the origin of this metal.