|This article's content is marked as Mature|
The page SCP-105 contains mature content that may include coarse language, sexual references, and/or graphic violent images which may be disturbing to some. Mature pages are recommended for those who are 18 years of age and older.
If you are 18 years or older or are comfortable with graphic material, you are free to view this page. Otherwise, you should close this page and view another page.
|“||Observer has been watching the woman for a considerable amount of time now, and little about her truly made sense to it. Much like those in its birthing chamber, the woman had odd powers, and much like them she failed to realize how her possession of them distanced her from being truly human. Unlike them, however, this lack of perception did not seem to be internal. As if she was forced into being as she was by someone else. Perhaps this was so. Observer pitied her. The poor thing didn't even know what she was, not like it knew. Yes, Observer understood her so very perfectly.||„|
|~ From "This Is Not Me Talking".|
|“||You see, she told me she was going to change the world. I didn't realize how at first, but I do now. She was going to make the world less lonely. She's done such a good job too, don't you see? All over the globe, everyone knows her as their best friend. She's done so well…||„|
|~ From "Attempts To Salvage Thoughts".|
SCP-105, formerly known by the name Iris Thompson, was a Safe-class human SCP residing within Site-17 of the SCP Foundation, and played a central role in the "Resurrection" series. She would eventually be killed by the Foundation themselves causing Iris to become SCP-3002, a entry for the SCP-3000 contest which won fourth place.
SCP-105 is a female human of European descent, although her age is classified, but it is possible that she was 15 years old. She is described as having long, dirty blonde hair and blue eyes. Being 1.54 meters tall (approx. 5 feet and 1/2 inch), and weighing 50 kilograms (approx. 110 pounds). Unlike most humanoid SCPs, she does not possess any unusual physical aspects, and is able to socialize with certain Foundation personnel located at Site-17.
After being transformed into a memetic entity, Iris had no real appearance due to now lacking a body, but she could form projections of herself in the memories of the people she possessed. She often took the form of her original self as people infected by her described her as possessing pale blonde hair, but also appearing anemic.
Powers and Abilities
SCP-105's property manifests when in the presence of a 1982 polaroid camera dubbed by the Foundation as SCP-105-B. Although the camera works normally when used by most individuals, when SCP-105 uses it, she can manipulate photographs of a particular place in question taken from SCP-105-B in real-time. Individuals located in the place of question will also witness what is described as a disembodied hand belonging to SCP-105 appear out of a portal-like entity. SCP-105 demonstrates limited experience with her property, but has advanced her knowledge of it via experience within the Foundation. However, for a time when experimenting with her powers using photos from other cameras and mobile devices she found it difficult to phase her hand in some photos and when she did phase it through the photos a phantom version of her hand would appear in the photo's environment and she found it difficult to manipulate the objects in that state. Dr. Kondraki was able to manipulate SCP-105-B by using SCP-515-ARC, another anomalous camera developed by Kondraki utilizing other SCPs.
After she was subjugated to invasive neurosurgery, and her body and essence were turned into some sort of amnestic acting as a memetic trigger anchored within humanity's minds which served to keep secrecy after they would be recreated by SCP-2000 and remove the effects of SCP-1425, Iris became a memetic entity, essentially living information inhabiting the human collective consciousness. Thanks to her new form Iris was capable of manipulating memories and controlling the minds of people infected by her and could spread herself to other minds when people learned about her. She was able to infect 80% of Earth's population including several Groups of Interest causing an MK-Class End of the World Scenario, and she could not be killed as long as the collective was still alive and neither anti-memes were able to stop her.
Thankfully SCP-3959, a weaponized anti-meme which "redacts" information from documents and people's memory seemingly proved to be capable of neutralizing Iris, but seemingly not really killing her.
Iris Thompson was born on Phoenix Arizona on May 12th, year unknown. She first discovered her properties around ten or eleven years of age when she noticed the ocean of a photo she was holding began to move in real time, but when she told it to her parents they simply shrugged it off as her imagination. She eventually found out that she could also physically interact with the environment in some photos, but this ability was somewhat limited until her parents bought her a Polaroid One Step Express camera which allowed her to expand her powers.
When Iris was looking at a picture of her and her boyfriend she witnessed him being killed by someone. She informed the police about the murder, but when questioned on how she discovered it she lied, since no one would believe her. Her lie was revealed and she was arrested as the prime suspect for the murder of her boyfriend. She explained to her attorney what really happened, but he didn't believe her and recommended her that she should plead guilty. She refused and retold her story to the court, even offering to demonstrate her property. She was contained shortly afterward and the SCP Foundation covered up her disappearance with her parents by claiming that she had been killed while in her stay in a psychiatric facility.
During her time with the SCP Foundation, Iris (now under the current designation SCP-105) was assigned to a reconnaissance team that was part of the Mobile Task Force Omega-7 dubbed "Team Iris" and a affiliate group known as "Team Able" led by SCP-076-2, which in addition to reconnaissance and intelligence gathering, would also occasionally preform assassination-type missions to cover up any potential threats. When asked to perform such inhumane actions, SCP-105 showed strong opposition and refusal to carry them out, despite further reprimanding from high command.
Later on, SCP-105, alongside a sympathetic Foundation member named Dr. Dantensen, tried to convince the Foundation to release her alongside other human female SCPs, claiming that she was emotionally distressed and had "lost all her anomalies". But the Foundation refused. Both SCP-105 and Dr. Dantensen made the drastic decision to try to escape the Foundation during a containment breach, but this was unsuccessful, and SCP-105 was recaptured.
Following the failed escape, SCP-105 reluctantly agreed to cooperate with Foundation's commands in using her ability in exchange for limited privileges in Site-17. SCP-105 remained contained within Site-17, whilst SCP-105-B is contained within a safe-locker in Site-19, whilst Mobile Task Force Omega-7, the group she was assigned to has since disbanded.
Following the disbandment of Pandora's Box and "Incident Zero", SCP-105 was involved in a takeover of the site she was held by the Global Occult Coalition. She greatly helped the Foundation personnel by using her abilities in defeating the GOC operatives. This incident prompted the O5 Council to revitalize the idea of utilizing her alongside other SCPs, such as SCP-073, SCP-1985, SCP-2099, SCP-2913, SCP-2599, SCP-2273, SCP-4793, SCP-2565, SCP-4494, SCP-5601, SCP-2719, SCP-4051, some of the Little Misters, SCP-1360, SCP-4818, and trained agents, such as Field Agent Carlotta Deneb, Lucretia Popescu, Dr. Irving Gat, and others to form a new Mobile Task Force similar to Pandora's Box named Alpha-9 ("Last Hope"), this time under the direction of Dr. Sophia Light.
Iris was a peaceful girl who loved taking photos with her camera. However, after falling under custody of the SCP Foundation her mental state began to decline as she was forcefully taken away from her family and home and imprisoned within Site-17. To make matters worse, the Foundation forced her to become a member of MTF Omega-7 and become an assassin to which she was strongly against. These experiences left her with heavy depression and after failing to escape she tried to take her own life. Thankfully some individuals within the Site such as Adrian Andrews, Dr. Kondraki, SCP-073 and Andrea Adams became supportive to her, and formed a strong bond with her, greatly improving her mood. She would also form some sort of friendship with Dr. Clef, since Iris reminded him of his own daughter, despite him somewhat bullying her at first during her early time in the Foundation.
After the Foundation killed Iris and used her remains to create a more better amnestic, Iris had lost almost all of her memories when she was transformed into a memetic entity. After remembering who she was and what had happened to her, Iris finally snapped and was filled with rage and hatred towards the Foundation. She decided to take revenge and destroy the entire Foundation with her newfound powers as payback for the horrible things they had put her through. She also seemingly abandoned her peaceful ways as she completely took over the minds of innocent people and forced them to risk their own lives in order to bring down the Foundation for good. She appeared to have developed a twisted a way of bringing peace, as she used her powers to make everyone see her as their childhood friend and assured them that they all wouldn't feel lonely anymore and that they would all become friends.
Iris Through the Looking-Glass
In the light novel Iris Through the Looking-Glass by Akira, SCP-105 discovers the existence of an individual later dubbed "SCP-105-C" - a 16-year-old Japanese boy from a parallel universe who can travel through photographs into alternate histories that they represent, but can only be retrieved from them by SCP-105. SCP-105 and SCP-105-C are contained in a shared room and placed under the command of Dr. Bright, who assigns SCP-105-C to explore various previously discovered SCPs through photographs, including SCP-823, SCP-517, and SCP-076.
- In the web-series "Habil and Qabil" made by the Serpent's Hand, in "Containment Breach The Musical" from an alternate universe, and in the reality of "Halloween on 17th Street" made by SCP-239, Iris is portrayed as having romantic feelings on SCP-076-2. However, in the tales "Calm", "Immediate Actions" and "Girls' Night Out", the actual Iris is shown as being traumatized and disgusted by 076-2 after he killed nearly all of their fellow MTF members.
- Despite this, in "An ending is only tragic if there is no one left to appreciate the beauty that came before" and "The Warrior And The... Clown?" it appears that SCP-076-2 has formed some sort of attachment to 105.
- SCP-777-J, an "awesome" bladed warrior who "always" wins had decided to make Iris his bride after his work is done. SCP-10101-J, an equally "awesome" hero, has made Iris his girlfriend and concubine. SCP-999-J, also known "Creepy Speedo Man" who teletransports to people's beds while they're at sleep, once asked SCP-105 out, but she understandingly refused. SCP-723, a type of sentient virus that infects its own SCP page, after learning about 105 pretended to go on a date with her.
- A researcher wanted to share SCP-420-J with Iris, but his fellow researcher accused him of wanting to get laid with her.
- SCP-1465 is an SCP article about a young Greek woman of American descent capable of taking out the light from photos which was an attempt to rewrite SCP-105, since the original had dipped severely in the ratings at the time it was written, to the point where it was in danger of deletion, but the rewrite was too far from the original concept and became her own SCP.
- There is a theory that 1465 is supposed to be an iteration/incarnation of Iris following the destruction and reconstruction of the world. In the tale "The Last Things Dr. Darryl Loyd Ever Did, in Chronological Order", it's revealed that SCP-1465's real name is also Iris. And in the tale "SCP-166", although it is shown at first that both SCP-105 and SCP-1465 coexist, their links lead to the other's page. UraniumEmpire, the author of both tales stated that both SCPs are one and the same.
- In the "Unfounded" continuity, where the SCP Foundation was never formed, Iris was recruited into the Global Occult Coalition as Agent "Snapshot".
- Dr. Bright once tried to make an anatomically-correct body pillow modeled after SCP-105.
- In "Girl's Night Out", it was stated that Iris was captured by the Foundation at the age of 13. When Omega-7 was shut down she was 15. At the time of the tale she was 21 years old. However, in "Portraits Of Your Father", she mentioned that she had been captured by the Foundation when she was ten years old and in "The Generally Uncomfortable Laboratory Adolescents Group" when she was 15. In "Beyond The Depths: Asset, Not Agent" which Iris was already a member of Omega-7 in 2002, she was again 15 years old.
- In the "Classical Revival" continuity, Iris was born in 1979.
- The story of SCP-3002 is similar to that of SCP-1337, the ghost of a girl who didn't do any harm until the Foundation decided to try and terminate it in order to lessen the cost causing the ghost to become vengeful and murderous, while 3002's powers are similar to that of SCP-2440.
- In the "Broken Masquerade" continuity, in which the SCP Foundation and the anomalous became public, Iris was briefly seen being interviewed and demonstrating her powers. However, in the tale '"Scattersomnia": A Disease of the Wise and Drowsy Wanderers', SCP-3002 is shown being locked within SCP-2000.
- In the tale "On the Run" when mass information was leaked to the public the researchers looked through different ways to solve that, one of which was the reactivation of Project Lethe. This hints that the Foundation managed to stop SCP-3002 and seemingly making it harmless.
- When the Foundation tried to use SCP-978, a camera that when takes a picture of someone the photo it produces shows the individual's biggest desire, to take a photo of 105, the request was denied by the O5 Council, due to risk of her properties affecting the photo.
- In "Personal Log of Agent AA", when Iris and the rest of Omega-7 went to hunt a Keter-class SCP on Halloween, she was dressed as videogame character whose name was redacted from the document. The character turned out be Jade from the game Beyond Good & Evil.
- In "The Coldest War" canon, a number of girls possessing the same power as SCP-105 help the government during the Cold War by using their powers, while abroad the U-2 plane. One of the girls was mother of this universe's Iris who was held by the government.
- SCP-105 was mentioned in the "End of Death" canon, but it is unknown what happened to her after everyone became unkillable.
- In the "Revolution Earth" series Iris is shown as having defected the Foundation and joined the Chaos Insurgency. She is also shown as being in a relationship with fellow Insurgent, Angela.
- SCP-3002 was used by the Foundation along with other death-bringing SCPs in order to decommission SCP-5884.
- SCP-4002 an entry in the 4000 contest, which was coauthored by the same author of SCP-3002, was designated after 3002.
- In the tale "Systems Patch" when two Foundation staff began discussing the cult-like nature of the Foundation, one mentioned that Project Lethe completed the fourth condition of the BITE Model for cult identification.
- In Chapter 6 of SCP-069-J, a DVD recovered by SCP-507, which contains a Japanese-style "dating-sim" visual novel titled "The Sisters of Cheyenne Point" by "Superstar Catalyst Project", SCP-105 is portrayed as the leader of the Cheyenne Point Academy's photography club.
- She and Andrea Adams once played a game of SCP-3301, which had taken the appearance of SCP-3000's habitat, alongside some members from MTFs Omega-12, Gamma-13, and Tau-5. During the game she revealed that the movie Jumanji was 105's favourite movie as a kid.
- In "Project Isorropía", the Foundation was able to undo the process that transformed SCP-105 into SCP-3002 through the use of SCP-4001, while also taking away her anomalous powers, which allowed her to become the new Watcher of Alexandria Eternal.
SCP Foundation Personnel